1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion to increase Galloperas spawn

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by OhHeyThere, Jan 15, 2023.

1. OhHeyThere

OhHeyThere Blue Snail

Oct 28, 2021
    Male
    6:56 PM
    Beginner
    The gallos map's spawn count is currently quite low compared to ulu2, despite the latter having a better map layout.

Perhaps a increased spawn count to provide an alternative to leeching at that level range?

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    7:56 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    I agree that gallopera need more love since vikerolas is much better in curent status..

3. HimeHam

HimeHam Pac Pinky

Mar 22, 2020
    Female
    4:56 AM
    Corsair
    Even if it was viable I prolly still wouldn't want to leech there. Pure agony.

4. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    3:56 AM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Theres a safe spot at the roof in the map including a pseudo safe spot on top of the NPC in the map, leeching there should be fine.

5. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    11:56 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    While I agree that it's nice if various levels ranges have alternative places where leech is comparable, I do have to ask, why should Gallopera be made into a leech map when the map itself functions perfectly fine as a grind map for jobs such as I/L & Priest?

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  6. HimeHam

HimeHam Pac Pinky

Mar 22, 2020
    Female
    Corsair
    It's too wide, I tried self leeching there before I could 1 hit Vikes and it burned me out very quickly. As soon as I could 1 hit Vikes I remembered what good maps feel like. Maps with teleporters are bliss. Gallo's is an F tier map for QoL.

7. OP
    OP
    OhHeyThere

OhHeyThere Blue Snail

Oct 28, 2021
    Male
    Beginner
    I'll like to go with three main reasons:

1) It serves as a better training map for up and coming bishops who can one hit gallos but not ulu2 (difference of about 300+ TMA). It would also open up the option for these bishops to sell leech to buyers around the 90+ level range.

2) It could serve both as a grind map for third jobs such as I/Ls and priests (increasing spawn won't hurt them), and also the group of bishops in reason 1 above, as long as the spawn rate is capped such that one hit ulu2 exp remains better than one hit gallos exp. This prevents all the people training/selling leech at ulu2 from moving over to gallos - which would defeat the point of a spawn rate buff in the first place.

3) Finally, an increased spawn rate might further encourage partying up among third jobbers. I'm not too sure of the meta for third job gallos training now, but I believe it's common to have either solo training or one third jobber with a priest primarily wanted for HS purposes. Increased spawn rate might allow flexibility for the latter to add another attacker to the party, so that said attacker doesn't have to look for another priest to train with.

8. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    I've always thought CDs served as the "main gathering spot" for all 3rd jobbers. I'm not sure if its still true now, but if it is, having a new 3rd job gathering map may actually make partying up harder imo

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    but cds is like lv 70, gallopera near 90?

10. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    I might be wrong - I have not been in the 3rd job scene for long. But from what I remember, unless u are a bishop (FoT, himes), dk (himes), chief bandit (FoT, himes) or paladin (vikerola, deep ludi) - the dpm loss going from CDs to any other map is a very neglibile loss, at most 10% slower then CDs, which u probably would rather just party up in CDs for faster EXP.

11. HimeHam

HimeHam Pac Pinky

Mar 22, 2020
    Female
    Corsair
    as a Priest I liked Gallos for speed and pot costs. Grim Phantos and Himes were faster when using Shining Ray but at a much higher pot cost, while using Heal was slower but used much less pots. I believe for IL mages and Archers Gallos is currently the best option for ~lvl 90-120. iirc, CD's loses a lot of speed for most classes except Dragon Knights (or Priests healing them) during late 3rd job. Maybe it's different in big parties, but idk I have no friends :(.

12. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    back when I was in CDs all my friends were all 4th jobs so i usually just join randoms. are there very little random parties to join with now?

13. HimeHam

HimeHam Pac Pinky

Mar 22, 2020
    Female
    Corsair
    No clue, it's been a long time since I've done any CD's. The few times I've leeched there it's been somewhat barren though. Nothing like the 2020's or even the 2021's. I leech Wind Raiders from 65-75 now so I have no idea how CD's are currently. Its still prolly the best map for early 3rd jobbers, but new players are scarce nowadays.

14. Pedrocax21

Pedrocax21 Blue Snail

Jan 5, 2023
    Male
    Pedrocaz
    Beginner
    SURRA
  15. Alvin

Alvin Slime

Jan 20, 2016
    Male
    11:56 AM
    VAPORWAVE, snakewave
    Islander
    Ossyrians
    i don't think a move in favor of leeching is a good one

16. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    6:56 AM
    Zorele
    Cleric
    I think this change can be good but definitely not for the leeching reason. I definitely think it would be healthy for the game for exp rates at high 3rd job to be similar to leeching. Buffing maps at different level ranges coupled with hp challenges would definitely give bring some life to the 3rd job scene. I'm definitely against CDs to be "The" spot for as long as it is and buffing other 3rd job maps would prove healthy. Definitely will work well coupled with hp challenges.

17. HimeHam

HimeHam Pac Pinky

Mar 22, 2020
    Female
    Corsair
    I think it'd need SEVERE buffs to spawn-rates in order to compete with Vikes or ULU2 in terms of leech. I'm all in favor of late 3rd job buffs/options.

The safe spots on this map could probably raise Multi-Mage issues. idk how much people Multi-Mage anymore, but with buffed rates I could see it being plausible. Multi-Clienting is also the only way to clear the map consistently every spawn.

imo a proper buff for leeching would be to increase spawns, shrink the map, add more vertical layers and add good teleporters. (make it Vikes, just go to Vikes ppl)