1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Ghost Ship safe spot alternatives

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by fruit258, Jan 14, 2023.

1. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    5:57 AM
    Yea and do stop yourself before you try to repeat the point that people aren't leeching there because there are no safe spots.
    Lmao

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    2:57 PM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Holy shit I can't believe this is something even worth arguing about. Contrarian soapbox preaching has gone too far.

It's literally just a rope to prevent 100% of all future griefing(both accidental and purposeful) in a popular map, and can be accomplished with a very minor and quick tweak.

Reading this thread makes me want the rope for different reasons.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    5:57 AM
    LOL?
    Sadly at this point I have to concede that literacy might be an issue among the playerbase. Decent arithmetic though!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    If I were a leech seller and I lost my afk buyers because someone 'griefed' by aggroing mobs before CCing, I wouldn't continue to sell there. :yawn:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    5:57 PM
    DMsRebirth
    if you're selling leech in GS you're probably a bishop; just heal your leechers if someone knocks them off the rope

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    fruit258

fruit258 Master Chronos

Nov 10, 2022
    11:57 PM
    couldnt said it any better

they are probably not gonna be at the computer so the rest of the leech will be u healing them

7. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Ghost Ship is low level leech regardless so it shouldn't be sold by ratio but hourly, the buyers should also be notified that the map isn't safe by the seller, the buyers shouldn't really be fully "AFK" when receiving leech at this map.

Peach monkeys then Chipmunks should be better leech exp anyways.

8. OP
    OP
    fruit258

fruit258 Master Chronos

Nov 10, 2022
    peach monkeys arent better exp, porky/chipmunks is a lvl 36 map, do u just say stuff u think is right but u havent tested it and hope ur right?

9. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    I've bought leech there more than several times, I've never went to gs for leech or level at, unless you're solely leeching your character(s) then sure I guess Ghost Ship would be the only alternative but either way as long as the monsters in that map are being "one shot" then there is a pseudo-safe spot, which should suffice long enough unless you're solo leeching multiple characters yourself and don't want to move your characters to FM or the safe cabin on the boat thats a skill issue, as thats already been mentioned. Kimberly has also already posted the reason to why its like that and I would have to agree with her, the map is overpowered for what it gives.

It's a popular leeching map, a popular training map as well where people can foot-pedal without any issues.
    In GMS it was the most popular botting map, with the addition to NLC chimney monsters with their op exp which is most likely why Kimberly didn't want to add them into the game. Having a safe spot in Ghost Ship would just have people making multiple Dark Knights or Mages for farming (DK at Sleepywood point farming / Mages meso farming) so its actually a good change that Kimberly and staff decided to do.

10. OP
    OP
    fruit258

fruit258 Master Chronos

Nov 10, 2022
    give it some time and people will start multimaging in gs maps again but with a i/l with ice strike and have their attacker go through the channels farming nx and gachapons and next thing u know the stairs are removed

• Creative Creative x 1
  11. Mageor

Mageor Mr. Anchor

Nov 11, 2020
    Male
    Mageor,rawrsaur
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Asylum
    I find it hard to believe that leeching is the main reason behind why ghost ship maps lack a safe spot. If that is the case, every single leech map (Wraiths, Red Slimes, Wind Raiders, Wolf Spider, Ulu 2, Ulu 3, Petri, Skele, 1-2F, 3-4F, 5-6F, ToT, Ludi Maps, Mulung Maps, etc) should adhere to that standard.

In fact, scratch what I just said. Since all maps can be a leech spot, therefore no maps should contain safe spots.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    It was in general due to the map's popularity, the reason Kimberly had it implemented here is because another server has done it as well, those were her words.

I just construed it in my own way within her reason on her choice being linked and quoted here.

https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/the-end-of-2021.42967/
    So I just accepted it, a few others here and I think the change is good, if theres problems then its clearly a skill issue.

As mentioned here by OP they already found a solution, theres a pseudo-safe spot as long as someone is attacking.

13. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    Just here to help push the GS thread to its 6th page.

• Great Work Great Work x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Making it so the highest exp per hour maps don't have safe spots seems like fair balance. If leechers want to leech comfortably or grinders want to afk in their map safely, then they should pursue alternative maps and trade exp gain for comfort.

This can lower map competition and maplelegends can lower the amount of channels back to 6, make players bump into each other more often, creating a more social experience.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Creative Creative x 1
  15. Palladino

Palladino Master Chronos

Apr 26, 2020
    10:57 PM
    Paladin
    Funk
    People seem to have pretty strong opinions about this. Fascinating! Truly.

• Friendly Friendly x 1