1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

How to model buccaneer DPM?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by akashsky, Jan 25, 2023.

1. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    3:35 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I am currently working on a dpm list that compares every class with similar gear. I understand how to calculate buccaneer dpm when they are spamming demolition, but I am unsure of how to calculate the average buccaneer damage.

Situations to consider:

1) Demolition + barrage / dragon strike (or whatever skill is good to combo)
    2) Demolition + barrage -> barrel cancel -> skill.

Essentially, I need to know how long the barrage -> dragon strike (or other skill that is better ) takes, and what the change in delay is if the buccaneer uses barrel to animation cancel.

2. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    A regular barrage has a cast time of 1830 ms. A perfectly timed barrel-cancelled barrage takes about 1233 ms (probably not realistic to replicate consistently).

Barrage + DS = 2910 ms
    Barrel-Cancelled Barrage + DS = 2313 ms

If barrel cancelling, the strongest follow-up to barrage if uncharged is DU + FF (1350 ms), and orb + drain (1380 ms) if charged. If you fiddle with your bubble and do some right-clicking management of it, you can technically ensure that you'll almost always be charged outside of ST, though that of course may or may not come at some cost to your ST dpm efficiency.

This may prove helpful:
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/quick-analysis-of-barrel-cancel-tech.41443/

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    I don't understand it, what does barrel canceling actually do?

Do Buccaneers get barrel buffs or something on certain abilities?

Oak Barrel says
    This skill will allow you to safely navigate your way through monsters without being recognized by them...by donning an Oak Barrel. Some clever monsters may be able to tell, though, so be careful. If you are lying down, it's literally impossible to tell the difference!

4. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    How are the individual lines of barrage split in terms of damage %, and does SE impact it normally by just adding % damage to each line if it triggers?

The analysis says barrage does 2800% total damage, but how would this change if you have SE?

5. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    6:35 PM
    Zorele
    Cleric
    Sorry I can't be of more help since I'm not sure either. What I did when I wasn't certain is throw in how I think it's calculated and compare it to a damage range given from the dpm compilation. If the number that comes out of it is similar I just assume I did it right. Hopefully this helps

6. Gurk

Gurk Nightshadow

Mar 9, 2020
    Male
    Gxrk
    Hero, Bishop, Marksman, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    The first four lines of barrage each do 280%, with the 5th line doing double the previous (i.e. 560%) and the 6th line doing double that of the 5th (i.e. 1120%).

And yeah, SE should affect barrage normally by just adding % damage to each line. The doubling for the last two lines seems to happen before applying the SE bonus based off of what I've seen, but not 100% sure.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. TTKirnk

TTKirnk Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Nov 26, 2017
    Male
    TTKirnk
    Buccaneer
    Carnival

essentially, using oak barrel right after a barrage (macro is a good way to do this) ends the animation sooner than intended while still doing the damage, so you can do shit out of barrage sooner and overall speed up the barrage combo process. in terms of numbers, it lowers the ms by a good chunk, as you can see in gurk's numbers

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Dang, animation canceling be in old school maplestory too. Thats awesome.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    Zorele
    Cleric
    Is this spreadsheet going to be public information? I've been wanting to get a look into it.

10. OP
    OP
    akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Once it is complete I'll probably post it in the guides section. No ETA on when it will be complete however, just like there is no ETA on the next ML patch.

• Creative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Great Work x 1
    • Informative x 1
  11. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    Zorele
    Cleric
    Oh god that's one scary way to put it.... Good luck in the process though!