1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The flight information in the Changi Airport

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Redwop, Jan 25, 2023.

1. Redwop

Redwop Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jan 27, 2016
    5:55 PM
    I left my character at Changi Airport and noticed this object above Shalon.

[​IMG]

On it, a number of places in the Maple World are listed:

• Henesys
    • Ellinia
    • Kerning City
    • Perion
    • Orbis
    • Ludibrium
    • Korean Folk Town
    • El Nath
    • Zipangu
    • Aqua Road
    • Leafre

Understandably, I think it makes sense that the airport doesn't want to pass by towns that appear to be more like docks (i.e. Lith Harbor, Florina Beach, Nautilus Harbor, Herb Town). To a lesser extent, I get why it wouldn't also want to pass by towns such as Mu Lung and Ariant.

But aside from it just being a visual display, I do wonder if Changi Airport was originally planned as a way to travel between other regions. Because, just by looking at the sign, I would think that it was another World Tour area you could get to from being in any of these towns.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Cerceis<3

Cerceis<3 Blue Snail

Jan 23, 2023
    4:55 PM
    Correct me if I am wrong, as far as I recall. Back in the days (before Pirate) there's only Victoria island, Orbis ~ Aquaroad, Leafre, Japan, Shanghai. All other maps are added after that. And Changi + Malaysia are added in-between those releases.

3. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    Shanghai wasn't listed, and neither was Omega Sector, which came out at about the same time as Ludibrium.

I guess it depends on the region of MapleStory which you're most familiar. All of the hosted servers introduced different maps in different years. For example, China (Mount Song Town, Shaolin Temple) and Taiwan (Ximending, Night Market, Taipei 101) were presumed to be added before 4th job or Pirates, as was Thailand (Floating Market, Golden Temple).

4. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    3:55 PM
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    From what i remember, the Airport is only used to travel from Kerning to CBD, the background flight info is just for decoration

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Krythan

Krythan Nightshadow

Sep 2, 2022
    3:55 AM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    That's interesting! It is kinda cool to speculate what the original plans were going to be for the airport. Certainly aligns with the design of how Orbis works, so I wouldn't be surprised if there were original (albeit un-implemented) plans to provide more transportation options via the airport.

6. OP
    OP
    Redwop

Jan 27, 2016
    That is true, at least in every version of MapleStory where Singapore was introduced.

I'm just personally amused by it. Because, realistically, an airport wouldn't take someone to and from only one place or just have only one terminal. There'd be a lot more places to visit and ways to get there.

7. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    12:55 AM
    I/L Arch Mage
    With how widely used Singapore maps like GS2, Ulu2, Gallos, etc. are, I really wouldn't mind places like Ludibrium and Leafre being accessible.