1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Closed Is anyone gonna help me or not?

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by DarkNero, Jan 30, 2023.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarkNero

DarkNero Slime

Jan 30, 2023
    Male
    11:18 AM
    I have been trying to fix this for 2 days already, i made a post about this today and still no help. This server said this is mac compatible and looks like it's not. I didn't even start yet and someone literally told me that i need to start coding to help the community, like isn't that Admin's and GM's job, seriously?

Crossover wont open MapleLegends.

2. Rabbi

Rabbi Red Snail

Jan 30, 2023
    Male
    2:18 AM
    I am also struggling to open the server on my Mac. I wonder if its really compatible or not...

3. OP
    OP
    DarkNero

DarkNero Slime

Jan 30, 2023
    Male
    This server seems like a bunch of scam on gtop100 advertisement.. no rwt and mac compatible. Bruh there's tons of forums where people sell rwt stuff even here and looks like i'm not the only one who can't play Legends either but other servers work fine to me.

4. Camazotz

Camazotz Pink Teddy

Sep 27, 2020
    Male
    5:18 AM
    Camazotz, AoKuang, Heimdallr
    Dark Knight, Marksman, Shadower
    Caffeine
    Mac is cringe sorry

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Interesting

• Informative Informative x 2
  6. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    10:18 AM
    Moderator Post
    We have plenty of MAC users currently playing on Crossover completely fine. I am not a MAC user, and we do not have that many MAC users on our staff. We can't help at all times when some users suddenly have strange issues.

What even are you talking about? Do you actually have problems or come here for the sole purpose of making a scene?

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Also in your other post, you mention you use a "cracked file"? Why? You can use crossover completely for free and there's a guide in the post on how to extend the trial if needed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Mirrors

Mirrors Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 15, 2019
    Female
    Mirrors
    WeenieHutJrs
    Crossover doesn't play very nicely with the newer mac's especially the m1 chip ones. Could you elaborate a bit more on the issues you're having and the steps to reproduce them?

• Friendly Friendly x 4
  10. OP
    OP
    DarkNero

DarkNero Slime

Jan 30, 2023
    Male
    I already told my issue, crossover wont open legends at all. Just because this server has mac users doesn’t mean this server is mac compatible. Why is legends the least server i can play compared to others then? Everyone else use crossover, parallels etc too.

i just don’t like lies and easy click advertisement scams where i am being introduced into a ” mac compatible ” server but the situation is even worser than some servers that don’t advertise that they are mac compatible.

You feel me here? I like honesty and truth. There’s already other issue with ” no rwt ” since i just checked other forums where people sell maplelegends mesos and other stuff.

i just like honesty that’s all. I never liked people who lie, cheat, scam and not tell the 100% truth.

Also i use a cracked crossover because i can use it forever, i don’t need to change anything and it’s a waste of time for me to check any guides how to extend the trial, possibly every time it expires. I tried legends on the actual crossover trial but didn’t work.

11. OP
    OP
    DarkNero

DarkNero Slime

Jan 30, 2023
    Male
    It serves me well with my high salary, i’m a software engineer and windows is shit.

12. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    This is the funniest shit you've said this thread.

Go enjoy your high salary while attending a top university, you clearly don't need Maplestory in your life.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    DarkNero

DarkNero Slime

Jan 30, 2023
    Male
    What a rude community, all i want is to play this lovely looking server but it’s already not helpful. Now i’m being secluded away and discriminated because i own a mac and have a high salary…

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Multiple people have offered you help (despite your horrendous attitude). It's not the community that's at fault here :)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    DarkNero

DarkNero Slime

Jan 30, 2023
    Male
    Not really, otherwise i would be playing already. I have explained my situation in 2 of my own threads and more than 2 times via comments + someone else’s thread what my problem is. Ya all seem to focus on drama more than helping out. Admin didn’t help me at all and just went straight to show her attitude towards me. I guess i’m not welcome and i will go back to R then.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    There are no "false advertisements" Legends is working fine on MAC, period. Just because your software version and apple constantly upgrading which makes the compatibility worse, doesn't mean it is not "MAC compatible". As for the RWT, read my end-of-the-year thread, and actually get to the context of what all the things mean. "No hackers" doesn't mean there are never hackers, or that hacking is not possible. Just means they are fought and removed. Sure there are still "RWT threads on forums" that you happen to know about, but all active ones got terminated, and others are either inactive or straight-up scammers (we know, since we have seen them scamming users).

Apple does their very best to remove 32-bit support, and it is only getting worse as time goes on. On top of that, I have mentioned multiple times that MAC support could get terminated at any point if MAC is just no longer compatible with the client mods we provide. If it works, great, if it doesn't, too bad. MapleStory was not made for MAC, and MapleLegends works completely fine on ALMOST all MAC versions, except the latest models. I am not going update the "GTOP scam description" because you happen to own a MACOS version that is too new. That description was added anyway before those conflicting MAC-OS upgrades came into play, so I will at least tweak some wording (that the official MAC guide already did).

MapleLegends does not work on Windows XP or older, doesn't mean it is not "Windows compatible"

EDIT:
    [​IMG]

• Great Work Great Work x 10
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    5:18 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    you're a software engineer right?
    in that case you should understand that crossover is fork of WINE. WINE works well enough to run MapleLegends, so watever issue yr facing is crossover related.

WINE is capable of providing logs, and in most case all u have to do is to execute the program on terminal. But since u provided ni logs, what help are u expecting us to provide? As a software engineer, shouldnt this be common sense?

Anyhow, here's the usual checklist for every linux user.
    1. Ensure yr on Windows 98.
    2. Ensure yr on 32-bit prefix
    3. Ensure virtual windows is activated.
    4. Ensure the two dlls are replaced (this should already been done by staff. if u start a new prefix, ensure u have it done)

and if these still doesnt work, pls do provide a log this time. also do note crossover with wine is pretty experimental (just like wine-staging), hence newer or older versions of wine can make or break a program

18. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    5:18 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    also, juz noticed the ban so, i guess there won't be any logs anytime soon lmaoo

19. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    just a quick disclaimer but as of right now he's not banned here. That's a screenshot from Royals.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    That is exactly what that means, if there are users that use the MAC file of the game and it works for them, that makes them a MAC USER.

MacOS 10.13 and higher (includes Catalina & Big Sur) work for MapleLegends

You like honesty that's all, well.. more than half of my guild play on a mac, about four of them are in staff, one helps make a client for mac so, that makes it mac compatible.

Just because your mac device won't run the game doesn't mean that the server is not "mac compatible" it just means that YOUR mac is not compatible.
    The people here have already told you and given you the information that you're so inclined on searching for while being egotistic on being "entitled" on playing on a server that is clearly "mac compatible".

But since you've entered the community, I guess the advertisement for "Friendly" community is also a lie right?

Since you know, you've clearly joined the community so now the community is "tainted" correct? I mean, it's what you want right? "more lies within the advertisement" I can agree with you on one thing, this community has its unfair somewhat toxic individuals which could fall under "not being a friendly community"

I am a 400-foot tall purple platypus-bear with pink horns and silver wings. - sorry I lied I'm actually a sentient computer program designed to sever the barrier between the material world and the wired.. does that make you feel better?

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.