1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hi, I'm xiao, AMA.

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by xiaoyaoz, Jan 31, 2023.

Tags:
  1. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    8:23 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Your assumptions are based on current reflection of the market. There is a possibility that chaos scrolls eventually become more in demand as players will eventually max out on their white scroll projects. Correct me if I’m wrong but your example shows a trend that the demand for cs are catching up to ws, so establishing a fixed relationship with CS being cheaper is just as weird as setting it to a fixed 1:1 price.

In current Legends, coin production/supply is decent and the interchangeability between ws and cs is good, IMO. Setting an arbitrary distinction between the two utilities using historic pricing is weird to me, especially when we have data that shows it's continuing to change.

The only reasonable suggestion I could think of for differentiating the two utility costs is having two separate types of coins so that they can be independent of each other, but that just makes it way more janky.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. philip

philip Mixed Golem

Dec 11, 2018
    Male
    Denmark
    4:23 PM
    Ziggs, Annie, Aphelios
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta & Funk
    You are assuming that cs will eventually become 1:1 with ws without this coin system. tho it has never been 1:1 before not even close and not even in the main game. Even before the implementation of the coin system, we would have 230m white scrolls with 190m-195m chaos scrolls, so the trend doesn't continue and still stays in the 16,6%-33%.
    Claiming that people will eventually get perfect weapons and start scrolling with cs, which you still need ws for, is just way easier said than done.

People make new characters where they need new weapons. New weapons also need to be scrolled, we also get new players that starts from scratch. Assuming that everyone makes 15-17 billion messos to spare on perfect weapons and maybe another 5-15b on perfecting a glove and then you can start chaossing like how much money and how much time and how many players do you think can do this wtih cape, face stomber, specs and again you need white scrolls to scroll great chaos equipment

In my opinion, the only boss worth doing is PB sub-20-man. Change my mind

I think your idea with a secondary coin could be interesting, but making p-coins something around 80-95 p-coins and tweak the number of p-coins after demand is just way easier and more simple. It could also be interesting if a gm would show us how many ws and cs are being generated at the prestige shop to show us supply and demand.

3. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I'm not making any assumptions. There is no need for chaos scrolls to be made cheaper when people are already paying the current prices. It's at a premium comparative to historic prices, sure, but market prices of goods that are made via cs have adjusted already.

4. philip

philip Mixed Golem

Dec 11, 2018
    Male
    Denmark
    Ziggs, Annie, Aphelios
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta & Funk
    I find it a bit too lazy and disrespectful and also too easy for GM's to get away with this. Saying oh well the market has already adjusted when all they have done is just ignore and deny or maybe this is just the Kimmystandard. Make everything more expensive to keep players for longer. Have a max of 25 ap-r every event, so players will keep voting on their 15-22 accounts for 3-5 years. Recycling the same raffling system let's see if it will be the 6th time.. shameless.. NoLoveNopassion.. shouldhadwashedmore

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Is it staff's job to regulate the market that players set for themselves, or is it the responsibility of players to innovate their production in order to keep up with the market?

We've only gotten buffs over the last year as far as coin/ws/cs production goes.

6. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    11:23 AM
    Zorele
    Cleric
    What do you think about the class balancing post challenge system? Do you think it makes sense or some changes should be made to accommodate these changes?

7. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    11:23 PM
    To save you some effort, here is no need to continue to argue with him with logic. He will just continue defend his narrow point of view to death using the point that players should accept and self adjust to any game changes.

8. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Fwiw, i do agree that is is weird to set in stone one single exchange rate based on prices >1 year ago.
    But having 2 separate coins is jus as weird because of the current coins in circulation.

One idea off the top of my head would be to make ws/cs tradable again and make coins to scrolls a one way transaction i.e. no conversion of scrolls to coins.
    This way, coin production will just supplement the higher demand scroll (most likely ws) and the 2 prices will not be fully tagged to each other. Scrolls from gachapon can hit the market directly instead of being exchanged to a common currency.

9. wolf666

wolf666 Timer

Mar 22, 2020
    Male
    Wolf
    Shadower
    What is your go-to order at McDonalds?

10. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    This suggestion was already made by Akash.
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/prestigious-coins-system-suggestions.45469/

I agree that untradeable WS/CS doesn't make sense. All it was was a fuck you to those who had any, forcing the existing supply through a needless conversion tax.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. brunandes

brunandes Windraider

Aug 29, 2021
    Maybe this one year of 'fuck you' to hoarders has been enough and this proposal is finally now feasible.

I'm speaking as a player who is not, and will probably never, embark on any ws/cs project. But that pegging of the 2 different scrolls and conversion tax really did not make sense to me logically.

12. OP
    OP
    xiaoyaoz

xiaoyaoz Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    3:23 PM
    Class balancing can always be better, I kinda want to continue the series of class balancing thread but the challenge system has been taken longer than expected to implement, so it has been a waiting game in general. The impact of the challenge system is still yet to be known, and I reckon it will take a few months to see. Changes would be made to accommodate, but that is also true without the challenge system as some classes are just pretty underwhelming and have some fundamental issues themselves.

Chocotop sundae cone, though it is not common in many countries I think o.o

13. wolf666

wolf666 Timer

Mar 22, 2020
    Male
    Wolf
    Shadower
    No McNuggets or McChicken? kinda sus SlimePolice

14. OP
    OP
    xiaoyaoz

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    Recently, I have tasted the McPlant which is pretty good.
    Seasonally, I would go for prosperity burger, which is also not common in many countries XD

15. mjk

mjk Master Chronos

Mar 22, 2020
    Male
    MattNL
    Night Lord
    Pasta
    Where is your profile picture from and will you be visiting that country again anytime soon?
    :yay:

Do you miss Rizo and the Sparta gang?

16. OP
    OP
    xiaoyaoz

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    Antelope Canyon in USA. Not sure how many people notice it, but there is a person in the picture and that person is me lol
    Hmm, I would like to visit the country again but it is far and relatively expensive, so it is not that high up in the vacation list..
    Yeah I miss them sometimes, they were a vital part of my Maple journey, too bad the guild is dead..

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  17. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
  18. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    10:23 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    surra or favela

• Creative Creative x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    xiaoyaoz

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    Nothing for my bish since he already has more than 1.6k tma.. though sometimes I'm tempted to upgrade some equips but is kinda pointless..
    For my bucc, I have wanted a perfect knuckle since ages ago, but have 0 luck in getting a ws project unfortunately.. given how expensive knuckles are nowadays, probably won't achieve it anymore :(

We all know Funk is the poggest one ;)

• Informative x 2
    • Friendly x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Great Work x 1
    • Creative x 1
  20. philip

philip Mixed Golem

Dec 11, 2018
    Male
    Denmark
    Ziggs, Annie, Aphelios
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta & Funk
    What do you think about auto pot fails?(its really bad for classes that are not NL or shadowers)

What do you think about mw30 not giving what its supposed to give 15 % instead of 13 % and how can this be too op when end game players cant even kill PB in sub 60 min as we are supposed to. To not even mention the large amount of pb squads that cant kill it duo not enough dmg.

What are your thoughts about ML heading towards a kimmystandard instead of a classic vanilla oldschool maplestory standard?