1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Some progress for lvl200?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by xiaoyaoz, Dec 7, 2021.

Will this be something meaningful for level 200 players?

1. nah, don't waste my time

2. doesn't bother me but can you do smtg more meaningful?

3. well, doesn't bother me but i'll take it as smtg.

4. yes, please!

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. xiaoyaoz

xiaoyaoz Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

Jul 17, 2020
    Male
    3:30 AM
    As we know, level 200 is our sacred level cap in MapleLegends.
    After reaching level 200, the sense of progress gets diminished quite substantially as you don't even get to continue climb the level ranking ladder on the website.
    What if there is a way to capture such information? and somewhat make it rewarding?

Proposal:
    A one-of-a-kind untradeable Timeless Ring that is obtainable at level 200.
    The Timeless Ring will have no stats and upgradeable slots whatsoever at level 0, but will grow by +1 primary stats (or if we want to make it fun, +0 to +1) of the class whenever it levels up.
    EXP required to level up here will be adjusted to be the EXP needed to level post level 200.
    Essentially, capturing how much a character would have levelled through the levelling of Timeless.
    There will be no limit to how much the Timeless Ring can level. Thus, giving one character the ability to keep on growing with enough hard work.
    This would reward players who keep on playing their level 200 char albeit being a very slow progress to something meaningful.

Haven thought of any pros and cons, just some random idea that pop into my brain in the middle of the night, so why not post and see what's the reaction? :geek:

• Creative Creative x 15
    • Like Like x 5
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. joota

joota Mr. Anchor Retired Staff

Jul 13, 2019
    7:30 PM
    Buccaneer
    Freelancer
    Great idea! Can I suggest making it +1 a random relevant stat? i.e. +1 stat randomly chosen among: primary stat, secondary stat, tertiary stat (for shadowers), accuracy, avoidability, speed, and jump

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. TORONTOTOKYO

TORONTOTOKYO Windraider

Oct 16, 2021
    10:30 AM
    make it chaos-able KEK

• Like Like x 1
  4. Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    4:30 AM
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    I'm all in for lengthening end-game but I don't think this is enough. Whenever I reach 200 in a pserver, I end up running out of content after having done every boss 10x times. I would love it very much if Legends would find a way to solve this problem. A ring could be the start, but the game would be (to me) a lot more interesting if there was some content you could do was only accessible very late in the game (190+ ish) that supersedes even Pink Bean. Another more innocent version that doesn't require too much customisation is by ranking players with their boss count, and whomever is in the top 3 gets a special ring, and in order to get this ring, you have to keep your top 3 score. This way you have to keep grinding to maintain your ring.

So on topic, yes I'd love a bonus for 190+ players, or particularly 200 players for the thread that is. Also #makehenesysgreatagain

• Like Like x 2
  5. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    4:30 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    We already have plenty of content after 200! You just remake the class with more hp wash :^)

• Creative x 6
    • Useful x 4
    • Like x 2
    • Informative x 2
    • Friendly x 2
  6. FrankMeister

FrankMeister Mano

Dec 16, 2022
    Male
    One of the appeals of MapleLegends is its close resemblance to the classic MapleStory experience. While adding new content and rewards is always appreciated, it's important to remember that the essence of MapleLegends is to stay true to the original MapleStory. I fear that this could fundamentally change the game and detract from the nostalgic feel that many players love about MapleLegends.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    10:30 PM
    Zorele
    Cleric
    I think not making a change using nostalgia as it's basis is an outdated way of thinking. For 99% of the server the part where they play for nostalga ends fairly quickly and it ends up boiling down to enjoying the game and making friends. Most of us never even made it to 4th job in prebb so do we really play this for nostalgia? And what part of having a 400 base int nightlord is nostalgic? Most people play because they enjoy the game and found goals within. Sticking true to prebb and not making changes that improve longevity, player retention and fun can't be bad ones.

• Like Like x 1
  8. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    11:30 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    Something about getting exp to motivate to keep bossing

9. FrankMeister

FrankMeister Mano

Dec 16, 2022
    Male
    Nostalgia is a big part of what brings many players back to this game. Just because some players may move past the nostalgic phase quickly doesn't mean it's not important to others.

FYI, I actually support the idea of HP challenges, which serves as a modernized solution to address the limitations of the old MapleStory.

10. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    9:30 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    as ainz said, remaking is a mental barrier to overcome

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    Zorele
    Cleric
    My point is that no change that is relevant in the endgame could ever interfere with nostalgia directly.

12. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    HP challenges are going to need some minor tweaks, currently the HP thresholds are whack.

-
    anyways, back to this thread.
    I was thinking, what if Chaos variants of bosses got released for ML?

I Googled when Zakum and Horntail were released (the current ones that we have) and it said v0.23 on May 2006 for Zakum and Horntail released in 2008 along with 4th job, so then. I Googled chaos variants for Zakum and Horntail which were released in 2010 along with Dual Blade, so having Chaos Zakum and Chaos Horntail might be a pretty cool addition to have? (without Dual Blades, obviously)

OnionSweatie

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. Snoid

Snoid Slime

Jan 7, 2020
    Snoid
    Brawler
    minor necro but i have a lot of thoughts about these kinds of concepts.

mmos, especially older mmos, tend to have 2 major genres. either "levelling is the endgame", which is what this game is, or "max level is the endgame", which is stuff like WoW where the levelling experience is treated as a tutorial. granted these 2 genres arent set in stone and can intertwine a bit, like gms or black desert does where theres a softcap to levelling which is where the content is but you can keep going. ANYWAY, in games like classic ms then the issue of "there is no endgame after the levelling" props up a lot. it wasnt much of an issue way back in the day when people didnt know how to play efficiently, but now we do. whoops.

the solution to that problem being more vertical progression (increasing character power) is a mistake i think. if its too easy to keep going up that vertical progression then power creep will occur, whereas if its too hard then it wont be fun to try and do it, and i think those 2 concepts overlap at a point for most people meaning there would be no sweet spot to balance it to. horizontal progression or 0 progression but fun activities to aim for would be a much better way at handling this i think. completionism is a good method to add content i find really fun in particular. adding other things for players to try and aim for would be good, with rewards being unique cosmetics or some such.

what the player can do for themself RIGHT NOW would be to just give yourself a goal within the game as it is. go for all quests, all monster book logs, see if you can collect an insane amount of an item, make a gearset specifically for doing some really dumb specific thing, etc. you can create ur own fun to an extent. just gotta use your imagination.

14. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I wish ML would just track exp gained post level 200 and have it counted for the ranking. The rank 1 player on rankings should be the level 200 with the most EXP, not the one who got to level 200 first.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1