1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Macintosh asking for mac M1 installation help in a nicer way

Discussion in 'Technical Issues' started by Rabbi, Feb 1, 2023.

should i return my mac and just buy a pc to get mushroom game?

1. if the mushroom game doesn't work, move on with your life like an adult

41.7%
  2. yes. throw everything out the window if it means more silly mushrooms

58.3%
  1. Rabbi

Rabbi Red Snail

Jan 30, 2023
    Male
    5:00 AM
    i saw (and commented on) some previous posts that quickly turned into a cesspool of toxicity and so i thought i'd make my own post and hope that this one doesn't go down the drain so quickly...

anyways,
    I followed all instructions posted on the mac install guide. I have crossover v21, I have the server downloaded, and I have a mac... I'm running osx ventura with m1 chip and when I try to open up the server through crossover it shows that a new application is opening but no new window opens up and the server never actually starts running.
    My battery does drain as if it's running in the background though... I'd be happy to provide more details if someone could please direct me. I hear many mac users are able to open the server so pls lets all stay positive and help your neighborhood friendly Rabbi out eh?

Peace, Love,
    -Rabbi

• Friendly Friendly x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    I apologize that you had to witness that, this community isn't normally like that.

Okay, onwards to trying to assist you.

According to https://www.macworld.com/article/672681/list-of-all-macos-versions-including-the-latest-macos.html
    your mac should be compatible

Theres a guide in the macOS installation thread that has a few workarounds
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/new-macos-installation-guide-faq.38764/

since the client doesn't seem to open, do you have an antivirus by chance thats blocking the game from opening?

Theres a link thats provided in the macOS guide on how to get passed the antivirus thats blocking it here
    https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/mac/mactutorial/bitdefender

and further issues could be tweaked from the same guide here
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/new-macos-installation-guide-faq.38764/

^
    click this box thingy and it should open up

Please refer to the spoiler labeled "Crossover" and locate [​IMG]Game Doesn't Launch![​IMG] that you're trying to troubleshoot and the guide should be able to let you successfully open and play MapleLegends.

Good luck and have fun.

• Great Work Great Work x 4
  3. OP
    OP
    Rabbi

Rabbi Red Snail

Jan 30, 2023
    Male
    I didn't download any antivirus software but I am new with mac so maybe there is something by default that I am missing. I also tried changing the disk setting for crossover but still nothing...

4. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Which version of crossover did you download?
    If you downloaded 20.0.4 then give 21.0.0 a try

Download & install Crossover 21.0.0 from here

5. Signature

Signature Stone Golem

Apr 29, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    1:00 PM
    Flamous
    Bishop
    The application should produce a log file even if it doesn't start, are you able to copy paste what is written? Helps a lot for debugging the problem!

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Cerceis

Cerceis Mano

Sep 21, 2020
    9:00 PM
    x0w0x
    果てぬ姫君
    Another option is to use Parallel Desktop. The Crossover option just simply won't work for me, tried multiple fixes, still not working. Untill I just fed up and just install Parallel Desktop and bammm~ it's working great until now.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Bingsu

Bingsu Slime

Mar 14, 2018
    Female
    8:00 PM
    Magician, Cleric
    Honestly it might be because you’re on Ventura, I’ve seen countless posters on Ventura asking for help on the MAC installation thread - no reply and no solution. I’m on catalina rn and it works fine, but my mac really needs an update :( too bad I’ve never seen anyone who got it to work on Ventura though

• Like Like x 1
  8. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    this is an important info. while im not a mac guy, it is probably beneficial to know certain combination of crossover and OS versions are not known to work

9. OP
    OP
    Rabbi

Rabbi Red Snail

Jan 30, 2023
    Male
    Yeah this is what I'm gonna try. I've tried a few fixes so far for crossover and no luck so far. I'm way more familiar with windows so lets see how this fake windows will work!

I think you are right. Ventura probably changed something arbitrary that will just be an extra number of hours for the programers to deal with in order to get the server running easily on new mac os

10. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Rabbi

Rabbi Red Snail

Jan 30, 2023
    Male
    alright thanks for continuing to check up on this forum post and all the additional comments... here's where i'm currently holding in this topic

I downloaded parallels and intalled the server on the fake windows and I get some windows error MSVPC140.dll not found and also VCRUNTIME140.dll

I tried reinstalling the server and still got the same error. I also tried downloading vcredist from windows but I'm not sure if I installed it correctly on this fake windows. Still no server but I hope no one stole my ign in the meantime...

12. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    i believe this one requires vc2005 run time. try installing this https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=26347 and see if it works out

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    Rabbi

Rabbi Red Snail

Jan 30, 2023
    Male
    i don't think i can install any of these microsoft files on the virtual machine MapleF7
    if these are two individual files that need to be placed in the maplelegends folder, maybe someone can send me the .dll files directly? KimberlyKimberly pls help MapleF4

14. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies

You're almost there, sadly it didn't work with Crossover.. if you stumble upon a Gr2D error
    ^ click this box to expand

This would fix that, as for your character name you're able to check with the discord command using $maple "Character_Name", if you don't have or use discord you can forums DM me so that no one takes it if you choose to post it here, I can check for you if the name is taken or not, and if its not I can reserve the name for you for when you've got the game up and running.

15. Bingsu

Bingsu Slime

Mar 14, 2018
    Female
    Magician, Cleric
    You could try downgrading to Catalina, Big Sur or Monterey below 12.2.1 (a commenter in the mac installation guide said ML worked fine on those versions). Not an ideal option imo since Catalina is obsolete and Big Sur is likely to stop receiving updates soon, and I can only find Monterey 12.6 in the appstore. but still, downgrading would probably work

16. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    u should be able to. i dont see why u cant

17. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Some games block "virtual machines" from playing their games, it depends on which VMware they're downloading and using to play any game.

This also includes downloading dlls.

18. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    your reply is off-topic, but i'll address this either way. the game here is ML, and afaik, kimmy does not set any restrictions of what so ever to prevent any player from using VM for the sole purpose of playing ML.

and on another note, we are talking about vcrun2005sp1 right now. this is microsoft's official redistribution, a REQUIREMENT for several apps, and games to even launch. any games that blocks dlls from that redistribution is equivalent of blocking windows itself

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    Rabbi

Rabbi Red Snail

Jan 30, 2023
    Male
    it seems to be that i'm prevented from installing certain vcredist. the fake windows is really lackluster...

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    How is that off-topic, MapleLegends is a game. OP is having issues with their VMware (Virtual Machine ware) and is currently having issues with how it is handling the files, including the dll(s). as shown here.

I don't understand how you're not processing that information.

• Disagree Disagree x 1