1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Low Cupids Courier Softlocked

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by TT, Feb 3, 2023.

1. TT

TT Blue Snail

Feb 3, 2023
    6:25 PM
    Beginner
    Description of the bug: (optional screenshot/video):
    I had the Richards Letter item to deliver to Angelique in Amoria. I didn't realize that the item was on a timer, and it expired before I could complete the quest. The item disappeared from my inventory.
    When I went back to Richard to get another copy of the letter, he won't give me one. When I went back to Angelique to maybe restart the quest, she just asks for the letter.
    If I forfeit the quest, it stays in my progress tab and doesn't reset.
    What is supposed to happen?:
    I'm not sure, I've never done this quest before. I'm not sure if this item is supposed to be on a timer and disappear, or if the bug is that I can't restart the quest.
    Where did you find and/or notice this bug?:
    I realized it a few days ago when I logged in and got the notification that the item had expired. That's when I tried talking to Richard again.
    A step-by-step guide to re-producing this bug (optional):
    Talk to Angelique, talk to Richard the sailor, collect the toy ducklings, turn in the ducklings to Richard, accept the letter, then let the letter expire.
    Extra information (optional):
    There was no timer or anything indicating that the item would expire, so it disappearing from my inventory was a surprise. I would have finished the quest faster if I knew that.

2. Amyst

Amyst Slime

Oct 31, 2020
    8:25 PM
    Amyst
    Night Lord
    Lore
    I think this happens to most people. As Maplers saving the world, we are busy - we'll deliver the letter when its convenient. No one (including me) reads the flavour text to see that Richard wrote his message on a soaking wet piece of paper that would crumble away in 24 hrs.

When I no longer wanted to see it in my quest log, I typed @gm into my chat log and described the issue. Within 10 mins, Ferlucio showed up. He cast his forbidden magics and produced me a new letter out of thin air. He then unconsensually whisked me away to Amoria to deliver it immediately so I couldn't make the same mistake again. Perhaps you can do the same.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    TT

TT Blue Snail

Feb 3, 2023
    Beginner

Thank you for sharing your experience with this quest! I so desperately want to deliver Richards message.

I searched for similar threads on this topic, and saw that the general response was to @GM to get the problem resolved. So I did @GM twice but I was told to make a thread describing the issue in more detail :cautious: Maybe I'll keep trying to @GM until I get a GM that can help me.

4. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    1:25 AM
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    hey thats me!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Amyst

Amyst Slime

Oct 31, 2020
    8:25 PM
    Amyst
    Night Lord
    Lore
    I don't think there's anything else you could try.

- Maybe I got lucky for a quick response - there happened to be a GM who was online and bored with nothing better to do.
    - Maybe it was because someone else made the thread the day before, Ferlucio himself told them to @gm and I piggybacked on the request.
    - Maybe I put Ferlucio's name in my request ticket and he really liked that so I got prioritized. :roflmao:

Gotta ask him if he even remembers this story amongst his million? thousand? hundred? ten? resolved tickets.

Yes, tis you. Why are you retired now? :confused:

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ferluci

Ferluci Zakum Retired Staff

Jul 27, 2017
    Male
    Ferluci
    Bishop
    Yes i remember the cupid quests gm tickets! They are annoying cause the letter has unique ID for each job but the name of letter is the same so sometimes takes few times before u get the right letter

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    TT

TT Blue Snail

Feb 3, 2023
    Beginner
    Would you recommend that I keep trying GM's? I just want this quest off my list :(

8. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Yes, feel free to bump your @gm when you are available. If a GM is around they will see and should be able to help you out

• Friendly Friendly x 1