1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Rhuxlet's Journal

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by rhandomone, Aug 27, 2022.

1. mard

mard Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jul 20, 2021
    Male
    6:46 PM
    You likely got one shot by the summons as they can hit relatively hard especially since you likely don't have achilles at that level yet.

2. OP
    OP
    rhandomone

rhandomone Stone Golem

Jun 26, 2022
    Male
    4:46 PM
    Warrior
    Nah. I've been watching my HP in case the pet doesn't heal me. But I did get one shot by the summons a couple of times before.

3. OP
    OP
    rhandomone

rhandomone Stone Golem

Jun 26, 2022
    Male
    Warrior
    2/18/23

This was all yesterday, but I wanted to give an update.

Still grinding at random locations, whether it be at the Temple of Time, or the Destroyed Park areas at Ulu City.

[​IMG]
    Starting off with defeating some Obliviion Monks at the Temple Of Time. This took a lot of healing potions out of me, and I kept getting knocked back every second. That's when I decided I wanted the Power Stance skill, with a bit of help from the alliance of the guild I was in.

I did not screencap much since everything is about the same. Just training and beating bosses. I did however want to post pics of me and an ally fighting off Papulatis, and name that is really hard for me to memorize and say. I might just nickname him Clock Man.

[​IMG]
    Another boss that has the ability to make HP and MP into 1, which is not a problem for my pet, but one with my potion usage. Oh, and it kept hiding in its defense barrier like a coward while me and my partner, Repairman, kept pummeling at it. After we beat up the Clock Man's first machine, he went into a smaller one, like he was trying to escape.
    [​IMG]
    We trashed that too. Got a lot of stuff, including an important certificate from him. All I need now is Zakum's Certificate, but that won't be for a while. (I felt like I said this before after fighting Pianus).

That was the major highlight that I forgot to post after I fought Clock Man the first time.

Think as far as future updates go, it's just going to be me training at random locations, mostly at Ulu City's Destroyed Park II and the Mini Dungeon, for a while. Unless I decide to team up with someone and fight another giant boss.

• Great Work Great Work x 4
  4. OP
    OP
    rhandomone

rhandomone Stone Golem

Jun 26, 2022
    Male
    Warrior
    2/22/23

Warrior's Log: Yesterday I went to the mall to destroy some CDs and use up some Power Elixirs. Made some mad mesos with the equipment drops. :cash::cash::cash: Then today, I killed more trees.

However, I might be starting to get a bit angry at the smallest things possible. If this keeps up, I might start turning into a Karen, and when that happens, I will soon demand that I speak to the manager. Manager of what? I dunno. Hell, I don't even know what a Karen is suppose to be but somehow I have knowledge of it.

How long has it been since I kept training at the Dukus in Ulu City? Months? Days?

Chupi, my pet, is telling me that I'm becoming delusional and I should stop writing this entry. He also keeps telling me that there is no such thing as a Karen in Maple World, and that it's only been a couple of hours in terms of training. Should I trust my cat?

Chupi just slapped me and told me to get a grip.

(No Screencaps because it is the same training method. I just wanted to make a funny journal entry for laughs.)

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    rhandomone

rhandomone Stone Golem

Jun 26, 2022
    Male
    Warrior
    2/23/23

Spent the day doing quests for the Valentines Day event. One was for a ring, and the other was for a shell.

[​IMG]
    The Ring of Passion. +3 in All Stats, and +10 in Speed and Jump. I'll take it. Happy Belated Valentines Day for me. Hahahaahahaha..... *sigh* I spent mesos to get this ring. But luckily, the roses were cheap.

As for the shell...

[​IMG]
    Yup. It's a shell.

Can I trade it for beer? Probably not.

Guess Bob is stuck with me. Although Jay says I can get him out of the shell if I take him somewhere that looks like a place from Maple Island.

Yeah..... I think I'll keep him with me.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    rhandomone

rhandomone Stone Golem

Jun 26, 2022
    Male
    Warrior
    2/25/23

Today was a quest overhaul, so here are the highlights.

Beat Griffey for a Ragged Wristband

[​IMG]
    Gained some good EXP.
    [​IMG]
    Then gained a bracelet and gave it to Carla the Sea Witch for a skill that removes status aliments, such as Seduce. Carla destroyed my evidence of quest completion of that quest.

Later, decided to do some other quests, mainly ones at Ludibrium. One for the Aura of the Beholder skill, and a handful of EXP.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    There were other quests, and that involved traveling to Showa Town and Henesys
    [​IMG]
    For a small amount of Mesos and scrolls. Scrolls are not really important since I can get them at the Free Market.

Finally, just randomly decided to do what is basically grocery shopping for an NPC in China, at the Foot of the Mountain. Good pay on Mesos, which I kind of spent on Mithril Plates and Steel Plates for later quests.

[​IMG]
    Unfortunately, this was all I can grab. The rest was at Leafre, slowly gaining access to Horntail, but not by much since I have more quests to do, and I need to be at Level 155 before I can even attempt to fight him, granted I have a team with me.

But hey, I got a decent amount of EXP from quests. Now it's back to killing trees at a ruined city known as Ulu City.

Side note: Gotta love the new Berserk update. It feels like I got some extra levels into that skill. Active Berserk, I don't think I'll use unless it increases the time limit from 30 seconds, especially at max level. But that's just me.

• Great Work Great Work x 3
  7. OP
    OP
    rhandomone

rhandomone Stone Golem

Jun 26, 2022
    Male
    Warrior
    2/27/23

[​IMG]
    I officially got my Zakum Hunting License! Even Duku is proud of me. See? He's crying in joy.

8. OP
    OP
    rhandomone

rhandomone Stone Golem

Jun 26, 2022
    Male
    Warrior
    2/28/23

Today, I joined China's Martial Artist Training Guru and became a Silver Belt Martial Artist kind of girl.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    In exchange for small amount of EXP from quests. It was a nice distraction, and something new.

I say I am a Silver Belt because my accuracy is not high enough to beat the Mini Gold Martial Artists. But hey. Least I tried.

9. OP
    OP
    rhandomone

rhandomone Stone Golem

Jun 26, 2022
    Male
    Warrior
    3/4/22

Rhuxlet reporting in. Had a lot accomplished.

I joined with a team to fight off Krexel, the giant tree that was on top of a ruined building full of hazards in Ulu City.

[​IMG]
    All we needed to do was attack his left eye first, then his right eye.
    [​IMG]
    Most of his attacks are just regular and magic, along with summoning some mini tree things I do not know the name of. Also, his mouth serves as a platform.

Got a decent amount of EXP out of Krexel. Still a lot more than what the quest giver gives me at the end of a quest.

[​IMG]

Also, this happened while I was climbing up the Ruins of Krexel.

[​IMG]
    I thought that was funny.

For the next thing I did, I went to the Sutra Depository in China, just to use a Valentines Day Gift Basket to fight off some enemies. Some Gold, Silver and Bronze Monks, as well as some wooden fish for EXP.

[​IMG]
    The gold enemies (not pictured) I was able to beat because of the buff from the gift basket that gives me 100+ Accuracy, and I figured I should do some quests that require me to kill some Gold Enemies since without the buff, I would keep missing. It was worth doing all of those quests, because I have gotten a gigantic amount of EXP from the quests givers as well. Enemies and quests combined enough to level me up to 136.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It was a good day.

As for training, I should limit myself to Bronze and Silver enemies in the Depository since it requires an insane amount of Accuracy to even hit the gold enemies.

I did start the challenges back at Lith Harbor in Victoria Island, and what I got was a task to kill enemies in Deep Ludibrium, the lost time areas. Sounds simple. Albiet if I can kill 10000 enemies. Thankfully, there is no time limit to these challenges. I might have more info when I get back online, if I'm not trying to earn more EXP from the Sutra Depository.

• Like Like x 1
  10. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    8:46 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    warrior tip: for krex right eye, keep your stance off, you wont move away from the hole and since u move a bit you can use more than 100 attack

11. OP
    OP
    rhandomone

rhandomone Stone Golem

Jun 26, 2022
    Male
    Warrior
    3/18/23

Long day. Stuff was done. Fought another giant fish alone out of boredom. Continued training at 7F of the Depository.

Then I met a guy named iXehanort. We partied and gained some mad EXP, with the help from other party members at the FM.

[​IMG]

Feel like I've seen him before in another game, on a medal, a couple of them. Yeah. From a game that shut down long ago. All I know is, I was dreaming back then.

I don't know what I'm saying. Don't know if it's the heavy training I've done, or the amount of beer I drank during break. Or both. Either way, I'll need some more beer, if I can find any.

12. OP
    OP
    rhandomone

rhandomone Stone Golem

Jun 26, 2022
    Male
    Warrior
    3/27/23

So, Bonus EXP has ended for today, and I spent the majority of my time at 7F in China, defeating a lot of giants and wooden fish while gaining a couple of levels.

As for today, people in the Alliance wanted to fight off Zakum, an ancient beast that sleeps within the depths of El Nath's Dead Mine. I figured, "Hey. This might be my chance to get a certificate from Zak himself. All I have to do was ask nicely for it." Nah, that didn't happen. I waited a while for the expedition squad to set up, then we entered and fought Zak, and boy does this giant totem not back down one bit.

[​IMG]
    Seriously, this guy carried all the stat aliments in his attacks in all forms. The arms gave a bit of EXP after they were destroyed. Then came the body.

[​IMG]
    The constant lightning and 1/1 spamming from him was a slight annoyance and used up a lot of MP Potions surprisingly. Oh, and I would have thought his minions would give a bit more EXP. I was wrong. The actual annoyance came from his Wep Invulnerability spam, much like Pianus.

But, after a few minutes, the expedition squad finally defeated Zakum and claimed his treasure. I just wanted the certificate.

[​IMG]
    There was also a Zak Helm that no one picked up, so I decided to take it. And the stats are bad, in comparison to the Scarlion Helm that I have.

But hey. I can cross "Defeating Zakum with a party" off my bucket list. Needless to say, another dream of mine came true. All that's missing is a T-Shirt that says "I beat Zakum with a party, and all I got was this lousy helmet." as a souvenir.

As of now, I'm going to take a break from training and make some mesos. So, back to my "job" at the mall.

And for the party that I participated with, that was fun. I'll have to remember to stock up on Cure Alls for next time, if there is a next time, or if I ever get bored.

• Great Work Great Work x 5
  13. OP
    OP
    rhandomone

rhandomone Stone Golem

Jun 26, 2022
    Male
    Warrior
    4/20/23

Not much of an update. Just training at 7F still. Although I did do some quests from the Temple of Time a couple of days ago just to get them out of the way. Don't want to go into detail, but for the sake of context, I'll do it.

Fought 999 Oblivion Guards and Chiefs for quest advancement. Then got to Lyka.

[​IMG]

All I can say is: His Seduce ability makes you jump like a moron and renders potions useless, and Hero's Will one of the few ways to escape it. Too bad it has a cooldown.

I beat him by summoning my courage to face him as I learned his attack patterns. Then I got a small amount of EXP from completing the quests.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And some crystals that I will probably never use.

All of this just to gain access to the Pink Bean entrance. But I am severely underleveled to face him, so that will have to wait until another day. Maybe in 2024 depending on how much I train at 7F in China.

And I want to apologize if I seem a bit down. Looked up some guides and I have a feeling that I built my character incorrectly, again. Less HP than I was expected to get, not doing enough damage, even with max Zerk (25000 Damage on Average w/ Max Zerk Percentage). I really don't want to rebirth since I do not want to go through all of the challenging quests that I worked so hard to get through, especially the jump quests to access Zakum fights. It doesn't help that I'm at Level 149, and soon to be 150. Also I have the best gear that I can get. So what am I missing?

14. Journalist

Journalist Slime

Feb 20, 2023
    7:46 PM
    Journalist
    Spearman
    Toilet
    Don't be discouraged! From what i can see you have a lot of extra mp. Start hp washing by putting AP points into HP every time you level up, and using AP reset to -mp +str. You will easily reach 30k hp with HB. as for dmg, it will get better as you upgrade your gear over time, no need to restart or anything that drastic! you are doing great don't worry.

15. OP
    OP
    rhandomone

rhandomone Stone Golem

Jun 26, 2022
    Male
    Warrior
    I just learned that is what HP washing is. Boy do I feel dumb. But thanks for the info.

16. OP
    OP
    rhandomone

rhandomone Stone Golem

Jun 26, 2022
    Male
    Warrior
    4/23/23

Posting this small entry, mostly for an experimentation. Mainly with Hex of the Beholder and Coke Zero Pills.

Without CZP

[​IMG]

With CZP

[​IMG]
    What I learned. They don't stack together.

But that's okay. Because there are some positives to this.

1. I don't have to worry about spending mesos on CZP anymore once the buff takes place.
    2. +25 Accuracy.

Although if they do decide to make them stack, I might have have to fork over the mesos once again.

And yeah. I had to sacrifice my Vote Cash and Power Stance just to max out Hex of the Beholder. Was it worth it? Kind of. Because my beholder buddy now gives me free buffs once I keep him summoned.

I swear, me and my Beholder Buddy, and Chupi, will rule Maple World one day.

17. OP
    OP
    rhandomone

rhandomone Stone Golem

Jun 26, 2022
    Male
    Warrior
    4/25/23

Today was another bossing day because I felt like it. Tagged along with Repairman to take down Papulatus twice. Then we decided to take to the 7F boss. He goes by the name Jiaoceng. Though we call him JC.

[​IMG]

Guy has got skills. But Repairman and I took him down, with a little help of TomTomgun, the Bishop. The boss gave about 5% EXP, which some of that came from his clones. Though I chop it all down to us requiring A TON of EXP for leveling. Then again, we technically two-manned JC, which made the fight take longer. Either way, it was still fun, despite the 10 minute time limit.

I do have one complaint though, and it's a tough one. WHERE IS MY BLACK BELT?! I beat the master, and I don't get a Black Belt? What kind of dojo is this? This sounds like a ripoff and no one shou...........

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 26, 2023
  18. OP
    OP
    rhandomone

rhandomone Stone Golem

Jun 26, 2022
    Male
    Warrior
    5/20/23

And now another journal entry prior to millions of years ago.

Made mesos at the FM and the Mall's CDs. Then today, I bought a Pink Gaia Cape for 70m Mesos. It came with 4 Wep. Atk. and I scrolled it for an extra 4 STR due to 2 60%s failing and 2 succeeding.

[​IMG]

It was still worth the investment.

Other than that, nothing else is new. Just training at 7F. Though I am at the level where I can join in on HornTail hunts. But, do I want to is the question.

Only time will tell.

• Like Like x 3
  19. OP
    OP
    rhandomone

rhandomone Stone Golem

Jun 26, 2022
    Male
    Warrior
    5/24/23

Spent my hard earned mesos on a stronger but slower spear.

[​IMG]

Then some ATT Buffers

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There goes most of my mesos.

But on the plus side, I did defeat JC with in a Two Person army. Died on the first attempt and failed. But with the help of buffs, we beat JC on the second run.

So was it worth spending all those mesos on buffs? I can only answer this in one single phrase.

HOORAY FOR STEROIDS!!! (In the game)

• Like Like x 4
  20. OP
    OP
    rhandomone

rhandomone Stone Golem

Jun 26, 2022
    Male
    Warrior
    5/30/23

Gonna make this one quick.

Bought myself a MoN service with mesos, twice, from a party doing the CWKPQ.

[​IMG]

It's actually a Mark of Naricain.

Few attempts at good Wep. Att. were a bust. I got lucky to have a 5 Att MoN. It went so much well on the second run that I tipped everyone involved some extra mesos. I thank all of you, and the RNG gods.

Last edited: May 31, 2023
    • Like Like x 3