1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Multimage/dk sweeper nerf

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by bobaboss, Mar 2, 2023.

1. bobaboss

bobaboss Orange Mushroom

Aug 14, 2022
    5:15 AM
    I’m not sure how difficult it would be to implement this but if sweeper mules got a nerf to their looting cycle such as only having 1 minute to loot instead of 3 the efficiency of the strat is severely reduced.

You can still do multimage by looting every minute but just like the 5 ultimates bot checker it would just make it less comfortable to perform.

This should be only applied for other party members looting for you so it doesn’t affect solo client players looting patterns.

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    4:15 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    The state represses and the law cheats
    The tax bleeds the unfortunate
    No duty is imposed on the rich
    "Rights of the poor" is a hollow phrase
    Enough languishing in custody
    Equality wants other laws:
    No rights without obligations, it says,
    And as well, no obligations without rights

im not original author btw

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  3. beegoratto

beegoratto Skelosaurus

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    2:15 AM
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    This honestly sounds like something that would hurt regular players way more than multifarmers

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    bobaboss

bobaboss Orange Mushroom

Aug 14, 2022
    I’m smooth brain please explain

If you don’t have a pet sure but as you’re moving around to attack your pet loots for you but that’s if the loot nerf can only be implemented globally

5. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    4:15 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Internationale

• Great Work Great Work x 2
  6. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    12:15 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    you do realise the dk strat is unaffected by this at all, this also hurts single-mage leechers at maps like ulu2 and skele. Though it would severely affect any 2 channel multimage set up but one channel would still be alive and well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. beegoratto

beegoratto Skelosaurus

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    No I’m not talking about single client players, I’m talking about party play.

Say you’re duo maging or 7f INT with a friend and they want to give you NX drops. You have 1 minute to get it.

Say you’re selling Zak or HTP service. Buyer now has 1 minute to reloot, minus res time.

Say a Manon chair or card drops and you want to smega it’s available. People have 1 min to get there and loot.

This is terrible QoL for a minor inconvenience to the multi farmer as they already have the ability to fully sweep the map every min if they wanted to

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Every change done so far to hurt the multi farmer has had some impact on single client play. If your position is that multi farming is still not balanced after the current nerfs (sweeper, macro, cast limit) this is another option to balance things out.

There can also be a middle ground, instead of going for 1 minute, it can be restricted to 2.

• Like Like x 2
  9. OP
    OP
    bobaboss

bobaboss Orange Mushroom

Aug 14, 2022
    For Zakum service I agree maybe those can have their own drop timer for the helms specifically but again I have no idea how coding works and stuff but the other scenarios don’t happen quite often enough vs farmers having to loot 3x as much.

The only reason I still think multifarm is still unbalanced is because of how easy the setup is obtained and operated vs single mage leech.

Leeching 4 mages to 1 hit with trash gear vs high level/fund to 1 hit petri is a big price difference and ease of play is the cherry on top even more so now that multi dk is meta.

2 minutes is still pretty easy but it would be plenty of time for the rest of the players.

10. mjk

mjk Master Chronos

Mar 22, 2020
    Male
    MattNL
    Night Lord
    Pasta
    Time to go back to mage sweeping

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    When you're single client farming a map like Ulu 2 or Ninto as a mage (for example) you have to stop and change platform every 3 minutes to loot (ie climb to top platform on Ulu2). This change would mean we have to stop and loot every 1 minute which would severely hurt the efficiency of single client farming and only slightly inconvenience multi client players. It wouldn't even make multiclient worse necessarily, just more tedious.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    10:15 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    In my fairly limited experience with multimaging (probably less than 15 hours combined on duo viks and trio/quad ulu1) I honestly just swept continuously. I'd move my char around after every iteration of casts because keeping track of a 3 min timer (even by just looking at buffs) felt like more effort.

As mentioned before, this change would have 0 (or very little) impact on at least my approach to multimaging, but it'd sure as hell make me less inclined to single mage ulu2.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    bobaboss

bobaboss Orange Mushroom

Aug 14, 2022
    I think everyone ignored the part where it says sweeper in the title but just like how meso up sweeper nerfs are just decrease the timer for the SWEEPER mule and not for the mage.

Hp wash challenge will put an end to leeching anyways so we will all be farming solo just like the reboot server on gms lol

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Leeching is the most efficient way of leveling up, regardless of your base int. If there are no additional changes other than what's been revealed so far the challenges won't have much of an effect on leeching.

Using washing as an excuse to need leech is just weak as it has nothing to do with holy symbol and full map attacks being overpowered.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    On this note just want to say I absolutely love being able to forget to unequip pet loot and simply activate dark sight at the end of a boss run.

• Great Work Great Work x 3