1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Guide] Krythan's Leech Buying Guide

Discussion in 'Guides' started by Krythan, Feb 26, 2023.

1. Krythan

Krythan Wolfspider

Sep 2, 2022
    8:50 PM
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    Buying leech

This guide is intended for players who are interested in buying leech. Thanks to Nightz777Nightz777, the MapleLegends leech expert, for all the information!

Information and prices reflect 2024 meta and market. Subject to change.

What is leech?

Leech is paying another player to kill monsters for you, so you get exp, without having to do the work. In this scenario, you are the buyer (the one buying the leech), and paying the seller (the one doing the killing).

How does leech work?

When a party member kills a monster, some exp is shared with the party. The seller is likely going to be a mage, due to their large map-sized area of attack skills, and if they are a Bishop, their ability provide the Holy Symbol (HS) skill for increasing the experience that all members receive.

There are two conditions to get exp from a monster the seller kills:

For example, if a level 150 seller kills a level 22 Evil Eye, the buyer can be as low as level 17 and still get exp.

How much exp do I get from leech?

The short answer? See "where do I buy leech?" for estimates. Long answer? It depends on a number of factors, including: the map, your level, the seller's level, and the number of other party members. To get the most exp, ensure that the other buyers are around your level, that that you're leeching from the highest level monster that you can get exp from. See Moomin's eph calculator for more details.

Where do I buy leech?

Here are the most popular maps for which people buy leech. The listed exp is the expected hourly exp that a split buyer will receive.

LevelsNicknameNameExp/HourRatio
    10-20bubblingsBubblings50-75k 1:0.01
    20-30geninGenin200-250k1:0.035
    30-43jr. wraithsJr. Wraiths250-350k 1:0.05
    36-43porkiesPorky's250-350k 1:0.065
    43-50wraithsWraiths550-650k1:0.1
    50-53red slimesRed Slimes800-900k1:0.15
    53-55gs1Pac Pinky900k-1m1:0.16
    55-58gs5Selkie Jr.1m-1.1m1:0.17
    58-65gs2Slimy1.1m-1.2m 1:0.18
    57-65peach monkeyPeach Monkey's1.1m-1.2m 1:0.18
    65-70wrWindraiders2.5m-3m 1:0.42
    67-70cdsGreatest Oldies (partial exp)2m-3m1:0.42
    71-75cdsGreatest Oldies (full exp)3m-4m1:0.5
    75-82wsWolf Spider5m-7m 1:1.1
    82-90viksVikerola11m-12m 1:2.0
    90-100ulu2Ulu Estate II12m-14m1:2.2
    100-105ulu3Ulu Estate III15m-18m1:2.5
    105-120petrisPetrifighters20m-24m1:3.1
    108-120skelesSkelegons18m-22m1:3.1
    125+5-6fSutra Depository 5-6 F25m+1:3.3
    Source: Inspired by the famous Nightz777 quote.

How much does leech cost?

There are three ways that leech sellers price their services. For leech below level 105, leech is sold "hourly". 11m if you're the only buyer, 6m each if two characters are buying. Above 105, leech is sold by "ratio" - where to pay based on how much exp you get. You also see "package" prices, where it's a fixed amount for a level range.

Let's take a look at each of these three common pricing methods:

1. Hourly Pricing

By the hour, simply, you pay them for every hour that they are killing monsters for you.

Hourly leech services are often sold as solo, or split. Solo is when you're the only buyer. Split is when you and another buyer (called your partner) are splitting the cost. Some sellers already have a partner, or are willing to coordinate one for you, others require the buyer (that’s you) to have or find a partner if opting for split pricing. Hourly leech pricing is most often preferred by sellers who have a fixed set of time available, or just want the easiest way to price.

Hourly pricing is the most common pricing method before level 105.

As of early 2023, it's common to see leech being sold for around 11m per hour solo, or 6m per hour split for each buyer.

Tip: Sellers in MapleLegends will sometimes "pause the clock", meaning they're taking a coffee or bathroom break, which doesn't count towards the time you're paying them for.

2. Ratio Pricing

By the exp, also known as ratio, is when you pay the seller based on how much exp they generate for you. Ratio leech pricing is often preferred at higher levels, as it's the most accurate and fair way to bill, especially as a wider range of buyer levels makes the exp received per hour less predictable. Ratio defines how much exp you get for every meso you pay.

Ratio pricing is the most common pricing method above level 105. However, ANY leech can be sold as ratio leech. See the "Ratio" column in the above table for estimates.

For example, a ratio of 1:3.3 (sometimes abbreviated to 3.3) would cost you 1 meso for every 3.3 exp you get from the seller. So 10,000,000 exp would cost just over 3,000,000 mesos.

Common ratios include:
    • Levels 0-89: Rare to see ratio pricing
    • Levels 90-100: Often 1:2.0 to 1:2.2
    • Level 105-125: Often 1:3.0 to 1:3.1
    • Level 125+: Often 1:3.1 to 1:3.3
    Sellers will often ask you to provide how much exp you had before and after the session. Some sellers ask for screenshots, others just ask you to type it in chat, while others use different discord/website tools to see your current exp.

Tip: You can use leechcalculator.com to calculate both hourly and ratio pricing.

3. Package Pricing

Less common than hourly, or ratio, certain sellers will promise a package deal, or a fixed price for a level range. For example, a seller might advertise a level 67-75 package for a set price. Package pricing is most often preferred by buyers who want to pay for exactly what they are getting, and sellers who want the flexibility to grind at their own pace. Common packages include...
    • Porkys (porkies) 36-43
    • Greatest Oldies (cds) 67-75
    • Windraiders (wr) 65-67
    • Wolfspiders (ws) 75-82
    • Vikerolas (viks) 82-90
    • Ulu Estate II (ulu2) 90-100
    Tip: Want to know if it's a good price? You can search the #leeching channel of the community discord to see what other sellers have advertised.

How do I pay for leech?

Generally, the seller will tell you how they want to be paid. Some sellers prefer to collect fixed payments ahead of the session, while others prefer to calculate after the session and trade once it's done. For longer sessions, it's not uncommon for the seller to set up a shop in the FM with an item you can buy for what you owe. This allows the buyers to go AFK, and easily pay when they are back online. It's rare to pay ahead of time for ratio pricing, as you won't know to exact price until you've gotten the exp.

Sellers will often ask for your Discord, (or “disc”). They’ll be able to message you when done, or ask for you to provide a screenshot or numbers of your current exp.

Did you know? You'll often earn some additional mesos while getting leeched. Because mesos dropped from monsters are shared with the party, especially for higher level leech, it's not uncommon to make an extra 200k to 1m of mesos during a session.

How do I find a leech seller?

Smega - The easiest way to find a seller is to watch the super megaphones in the game. Often, sellers will broadcast when they are about to start selling and have an open slot. These are often the most convenient, as it's when the seller is online and ready to go! Alternatively, you can always smega yourself for a seller. Smegas are an item from the Cash Shop, where you can broadcast a message to everyone online. Make sure to provide your current level, if you currently have a partner, and (optional) which monster/map you would like.

Discord - If you're not having any luck, the #leeching channel of the community discord has an active community of buyers and sellers who are mostly friendly.

Maps - You can also visit the maps where you would buy leech, and see if anyone is currently farming them. Often, someone who is already farming that map, or already selling leech there, is willing to add you to their party (for a price).

What's the ideal party size?

The more players in a party, the more total exp is created due to party bonuses, and how the Bishop's experience-boosting buff Holy Symbol scales with number of players. However, each individual player receives a smaller cut. Here's a chart created by the famous Nightz777Nightz777, showing how the number of players in the party influences the total share of exp:

[​IMG]

For example: Let's say a sample monster gives 100 exp. A solo bishop with Holy Symbol would get 110 exp from this monster. If the bishop added a buyer, the same monster would give the bishop 120 exp, and the buyer would get 60 exp.

What other jargon is used?

Other things you will hear in your MapleLegends leeching adventures:
    • Long Hours - Generally this means that the seller is committing to at least 2 hours if not more. Someone please check on Nightz for me and make sure they're still alive!
    • Quad / Trio - There are four/three buyers
    • Door - The seller has a bishop that can cast dimension door, providing a free portal between the nearest town and their location on the leech map. Often the safest option, and the sellers will usually put their door at a safe location. Alternatively, you can walk to the map, or use a NX teleport rock.
    • Ready - Buyer ready, seller ready, etc. Generally means the person in question is at or near to the map and anxious to start.
    • 1-hit / 2-hit - The efficiency at which the seller can clear mobs. For example, many bishops can sell 2-hit petri leech, but fewer can sell the increased epm at 1-hit petri leech.
    • MW20 - Maple Warrior 20 is a 4th job character ability that increases all players stats by 10%.
    • MW10 - Maple Warrior 10, same skill, but only a 5% bonus.
    As of early 2023, the mastery book to increase the skill to level 20 costs over 300m mesos, so not every seller has the ability. However, buyers who are leeching characters they plan to wash will often require MW20. Why? For every 10 points of INT you have when you level up, you gain 1 MP. This includes benefits from base INT, INT gear, and MW20. Example: A character with 100 INT would gain 10 MP when they leveled up. A character with 100 INT and MW20 would have 110 INT, and gain 11 MP when they leveling up. If you're washing a character, you're interested in every little bit of extra MP you can get.

Can I see some examples?

Let's review a few examples:

This means the seller is at Wolf Spiders in New Leaf City, which require being level 75 to get exp. They are selling at the split rate of 5,500,000 mesos per hour, and they already have one buyer and are looking for a second. Let's see another:

This means the seller is at Petrifighters in Singapore, selling at a ratio of 1 meso for every 3.1 exp, and has the Maple Warrior 10 buff.

This means the buyer wants to get leech from Vikerolas in Singapore, and are at least level 82 to get exp. They are asking their seller to provide the Maple Warrior 20 buff, and they also are looking for a second buyer to split the cost with.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2024 at 3:14 PM
    • Like Like x 11
    • Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Informative Informative x 4
  2. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Wolfspider

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    Thanks all! I wrote this guide to help new players understand the mechanics of buying leech. For a deeper understanding of how leech works for the sellers, check out some other forum posts!

3. SinclairJ

SinclairJ Master Chronos

Dec 8, 2020
    1:50 AM
    Chief Bandit
    Thank you, I broke a girls heart to sell art so I could afford leech to level 130. I am currently preparing for my first zakum run as an attacker and my childhood dream has been fulfilled

• Like Like x 1
  4. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    9:50 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    loved the guide, easy to understand

5. Signature

Signature Stone Golem

Apr 29, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Flamous
    Bishop
    Well written guide! Can recommend Moomins EPH calculator as a complement to the "what is the ideal party size" section. Here you can see the real nitty gritty details on exp for different buyers. One thing to note aswell is that different levels within the party gets different amounts of exp so if you pay by hour and are a low level whilst having high levels in party you will recieve less exp per meso. Just something to keep in mind.

6. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Wolfspider

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    Thanks all! I've updated a few sections based on feedback including:

- Improved explanation of how ratio pricing is calculated.
    - Added link to Moomins EPH calculator (thanks SigantureSiganture)
    - Minor improvements to sections/sentences for readability.

7. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    I typed it out in excel back in 2021 but that's really all, the numbers are public knowledge

8. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Wolfspider

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
  9. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Another thing I'd add is a section explaining to sellers how to properly use DRODS in order to track people their EXP gain over a session.

A lot of people don't know that the rankings update for everyone in the party when someone is added to the party, most people think it's only on level up or if the person changes maps/channels.

What I normally do is $maple ign everyone at the time I have added them to my party in my map and when I then finish my leech session there's usually various people AFK so I simply kick my HS mule and add it again to the party. This will update the rankings for everyone present in the party and it allows me to $maple them again and it'll show their current level and %.

From here on you can easily calculate the total exp they have gained and the cost of leech they owe you. If they are still afk you can simply set up your store and let them know what item is for them to purchase. Using the bot in this way makes you less reliant on people sending their exp for when they return from being afk.

Alternatively you could use the $exp ign 200 command, as xiaoyaozxiaoyaoz pointed out to me that the $maple command gets increasingly more inaccurate as people get much higher level. Still need to repeat the same steps as mentioned above but with a different command and then you just subtract the two exp numbers you get from the bot and it'll show you the total exp gained which you can divide by your leech rate like 3.1 for example. The potential difference in meso is extremely small though.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    5:50 PM
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    This is a great guide and you utilized tags as well to help people use the search function to further help them find this thread, nice job you guys keep up the good work
    OnionSpark

Krythan, Siganture, Nightz777, xiaoyaoz you guys are whwolesomoe wholesome

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Jacquon

Jacquon Red Snail

Jan 6, 2021
    Male
    Jacquon
    Thief
    Is the ratio for Ulu 3 also 1:2.4-2.6?

• Like Like x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Wolfspider

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    I rarely see folks selling ulu3 for ratio, but when I do it's somewhere between ulu2 and petri prices, so 2.6-3.0.

13. MainSan

MainSan Mushmom

Mar 20, 2022
    Male
    MainSan
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk
    Don't trust the list by Nightz777Nightz777. He's a notorious petri seller. The numbers he's given are desperately skewed to help his struggle against evergrowing mw30 debtsOnionGlass

/s

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Bead

Bead Red Snail

Apr 5, 2023
    Male
    Bean
    Beginner
    Misfits
    Thanks for writing this up! Will definitely refer newer players to this guide!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Wolfspider

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2023
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  16. PreistestSky

PreistestSky Orange Mushroom

Jun 10, 2020
    5:50 PM
    Preistest
    Bishop
    shouldn't the 82 - 85 for vikrola's be 82-90 since by this chart's own numbers viks are better than ulu 1?

• Like Like x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Wolfspider

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    Updated! Thank you! I've also extended the level range for Wind Raiders, as it's comparable to CD's until level 71!

• Like Like x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Wolfspider

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    January 22nd, 2024 - Added more information on ratio leech.
    via xiaoyaozxiaoyaoz on Discord

I've updated the table in the original post to contain a column for "Ratio". While it's rare to see ratio pricing at lower levels, it's something that I'd like to see more of. Especially in cases such as buying at off-meta maps, and/or when there are more than 2 buyers.

Buying ratio leech for a map that's not on that list? Pay based on the best equivalent you have at your given level. For example: A level 100 leech buyer at Cornians (Burning Forest) should pay 1:2.5, because that's the price of the most efficient map (ulu3) for their given level.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2024
    • Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  19. nyess

nyess Snail

Jan 1, 2024
    Male
    8:50 AM
    Beginner
    Hello, is the Viks listed 11-12m EPH for solo or split leech?

I could get 11-12m EPH solo (1+1), but could only get 9.5m+ EPH split (1+2)

Lv.135~ Bish training 2 leechers in a party.

20. OP
    OP
    Krythan

Krythan Wolfspider

Sep 2, 2022
    Krythan
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    9.5m/hour is within bounds of what what I would expect for viks. The above chart lists estimates for split leech, but they are just estimates. In practice, recordings could be higher or lower. Most often, the variance in recorded exp is going to come from the buyer's rotation and/or a difference in levels between the buyers.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2024