1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Old and clueless player looking for basic MS guides

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Kostok, Mar 23, 2023.

1. Kostok

Kostok Mano

Mar 23, 2023
    Male
    9:42 PM
    Hey there! Original pre-bang player here. It's been a long time since I stopped playing when there were just explorers. I remember getting my NL to level 90s was awesome. I also played MSM and quit it 2 years ago due to app crashes. It was easy to get used to because the mobile game hand-holds you all the way.

I created my first character here yesterday and BAM!, I found out I didn't remember anything about pre-bang leveling and itemization. Were questing or mobbing better? I was a semi dex-less assassin, there were some boots and bathrobes scrolling involved but where and why did I get them? I don't remember anything at all (except basic locations, PQs, and the banger music of the game)! I found some guides here on this forum. Got the idea of HP washing, and the necessity to start with a cleric but they are not answering my very basic questions. If you guys can point me out to certain guides, I would appreciate it. Thanks!

2. creative

creative Mr. Anchor

Nov 2, 2019
    Male
    2:42 PM
    First off, welcome to the server. I'll see if I can point you in the right direction for some guides to help you out. If I miss any, I'm sure someone else will comment with ones that I've missed.

Playing the server efficiently (optional)
    Ellin Ring Questline (Lv.50+)
    Places to leech and their EXP per minute
    Lv.1 - Lv.35 in under 6 hours
    Monster Book hunting guide for Monster Ring
    Zak JQ video guide Pt.1 | Pt.2
    Leech Calculator to show how much leech is (best used in the future)
    Owl Repo for FM prices, check out the guide on how to contribute
    Job guides can be found in the guides section, I'd suggest ones that are hopefully recently updated or posted

3. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    7:42 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Feel free to reach out with any more specific questions on Discord! Ainz Ooal Gown#0001

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Kostok

Kostok Mano

Mar 23, 2023
    Male
    Thank you so much! I will check all them out!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    11:42 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Unfortunately, a good chunk of guides are also old and clueless.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. OP
    OP
    Kostok

Kostok Mano

Mar 23, 2023
    Male

:D

7. Lynx

Lynx Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    8:42 PM
    Beginner
    You definitely don't have to start with a cleric, its a common misconception. Just play whatever you enjoy

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Kostok

Kostok Mano

Mar 23, 2023
    Male
    Thanks. Good to know.

9. inkera

inkera King Slime

Mar 11, 2023
    Female
    inky
    Cleric, Magician
  10. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    3:42 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    first, welcome!

the guys already told some usefull guides, if you need a more especific thing feel free to ask

11. OP
    OP
    Kostok

Kostok Mano

Mar 23, 2023
    Male
    Thank you! I decided to make a bishop anyway because I like healers in general. I guess I have several questions.

1. Should I look out for equips and scrolls in general at low levels for myself and to sell? I am just using whatever drops for now (I am currently level 19).
    2. Should I go LUKless?
    3. Which path is the best for leveling? Quests, mobbing, or PQs? IIRC some PQs were better in terms of leveling in pre-bang original maple but ML guides tend to favor quests I think.

12. inkera

inkera King Slime

Mar 11, 2023
    Female
    inky
    Cleric, Magician
    Like you, I'm wearing whatever drops at this point - I'm a regular build though. My nephew went lukless and he is way more powerful than I am! Quests give you 3 exp; PQ's are always a fast way to level (if that is what you are looking for).

• Like Like x 1
  13. HimeHam

HimeHam Pac Pinky

Mar 22, 2020
    Female
    12:42 PM
    Corsair
    until ~30-40 quests are definitely the best option. PQ's are great for meeting people. My closest friends on this server I met doing PQ's. Training is faster and you get a lot of mesos from gach tickets.

It's probably worth it to card farm mobs near your level to make life easier for yourself in the future should you aim for the monster book ring.

LUKless is super good on ML because elemental wands have no penalty for using the wrong element. Also the only benefit LUK mages have over LUKless is that Staffs have more Magic Attack, but one INT is worth as much as a Magic Attack (a little more actually) but the amount of INT you miss out on by putting in LUK is usually more than the Magic Attack you gain from stronger Equips / Weapons.

For LUKless equips, you don't need much until 4th job, and for weapons you can go Wooden Wand > Green Paint Brush > Yellow Umbrella / Nocturnal Staff > Heart Wand > Elemental Wand 1-4 > Elemental Wand 5-8. Mages basically don't need gear until 4th. Though a Zakum Helmet is kinda nice at lvl 50.

A lot of great training locations are also holy weak / undead so training will be a breeze for you.

At around level 70-90 I would recommend learning about MP washing. Level 90 is a great spot to start, and it's pretty easy to do if you've built up a votestreak and lots of NX. Once you start nearing 30k MP you can decide whether or not you want to HP wash. (essentially only needed for bossing)

Also make sure your Bishop is on it's own account. Bishops eat up NX you'll need for other classes and they're amazing when multiclienting. Even if you don't want to multiclient / self leech now you might later so it's good to give yourself the option.

Potion costs can get expensive. I'd recommend you check out the potions at New Leaf City. Do some math and save yourself some mesos. (Grilled Cheese is cheaper than Elixers and it Gives more MP plus it heals your HP.) (Mana Bulls are great once you have ~4k-5k MP) also consider checking the Free Market for Power Elixers.

Don't worry about playing optimally on this server. It's your story after all. The people on the forums will tell you that you have to do this or that but we're moving towards a future where you can play however you want.

I hope you have a good time on the server! smilemush

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  14. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    leave ur nick mates, i will check if i have something to give o/

15. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    about @question, all you need you find on this answer

16. OP
    OP
    Kostok

Kostok Mano

Mar 23, 2023
    Male
    Thanks. Would appreciate any help! IGN is clerica

17. OP
    OP
    Kostok

Kostok Mano

Mar 23, 2023
    Male
    Wow thank you! That answers all my questions and more!

• Like Like x 1
  18. inkera

inkera King Slime

Mar 11, 2023
    Female
    inky
    Cleric, Magician
    That's very nice of you! IGN = inkera

Thanks!