1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Do’s and Don’ts of Scrolling with White Scrolls

Discussion in 'Items & Mesos' started by beegoratto, Mar 29, 2023.

1. beegoratto

beegoratto Skelosaurus

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    9:19 AM
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Many players seem to struggle with scrolling their weapons with White Scrolls, leading to scuffed weapons that inevitably blow up to Clean Slate Scrolls. In this guide I will attempt to outline practices that one should follow or avoid to minimize the chances of ruining an item worth several billion mesos.

The Do’s:
    • Record your scrolling session. If there are any bugs you encounter, you want to have evidence to present to Staff when submitting a ticket. Commonly used programs include OBS and NVidia Shadowplay but worst comes to worst you can record your screen with your phone or another recording device and this is better than literally having no evidence.
    • Understand what the White Scroll prompts do. If you have WhiteScrollPrompt set to true (enabled) in Legends.ini, make sure you know what the buttons do. “Yes” will scroll your item with the selected scroll and a White Scroll, “No” will scroll your item with the selected scroll and NOT use a White Scroll (this is usually how items are scuffed) and “Cancel” will nullify the scrolling process entirely and nothing will happen. “Cancel” is always safe to hit so when in doubt just hit “Cancel” and think things over.
    • Make sure you have the same number of scrolls you will be using as White Scrolls. This means if you are scrolling a weapon with 10% scrolls, and have 18 10% scrolls in your inventory, make sure you also have 18 White Scrolls. If you have more normal scrolls than White Scrolls, put them in storage or somewhere else so you do not risk accidentally scrolling your item after you have run out of White Scrolls.
    • Store your White Scrolls in Cash Shop until you’re ready to scroll. This will prevent you from accidentally using one when scrolling other items (or dummy scrolling). Make sure you take them out of the Cash Shop before you scroll.
    • Double check you’re using the correct scroll on the correct item and you have White Scrolls in your inventory
    • Triple check you’re using the correct scroll on the correct item and you have White Scrolls in your inventory
    • (Optional) Press “Y” during the White Scroll prompt to use the White Scroll (select “Yes”) as this minimizes the chance you misclick “No”
    • (Optional) Set WhiteScrollPrompt to false in Legends.ini if you feel like you’re liable to misclick. This will mean any White Scroll in your inventory will automatically be used when scrolling so make sure you’re properly storing your White Scrolls in the Cash Shop when you don’t want to use them.
    The Don’t’s:
    • Don’t use Legendary Spirit unless you have to. This adds an additional check box to the process that can scuff your scrolling.
    • Don’t do anything while dragging a scroll, including alt-tabbing. If you want to do something else, make sure you unselect the scroll by clicking anywhere on the screen except on the item you want scrolled before doing whatever else it is you wanted to do
    • Don’t have more scrolls than White Scrolls. You will risk slamming an extra scroll once you run out of White Scrolls.
    • Don’t dummy scroll. You’ll risk using your White Scrolls accidentally if they are in your inventory or forgetting to move them out of the CS if you are storing them. If you dummy scroll with WS in your inventory, you may also build up muscle memory for clicking “No” repeatedly (leading to you accidentally clicking “No” when trying to use a White Scroll)
    • Don’t rush. You’ve spent a long time getting these items, a few extra seconds to double check your work won’t kill you.
    • Don’t hit unnecessary keystrokes including jumping or casting abilities for good luck, as these can lead to accidentally hitting the wrong button or triggering a bug.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 9
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  2. Edann

Edann Slimy Retired Staff

Oct 24, 2020
    6:19 PM
    Edann
    I/L Arch Mage
    Pasta
    And if you fuck up your item at least don't pretend it bugged out

• Agree x 11
    • Creative x 3
    • Friendly x 2
    • Disagree x 1
    • Great Work x 1
  3. ooShawnyoo

ooShawnyoo Dark Stone Golem

Sep 17, 2021
    Male
    Montreal
    12:19 PM
    Frenzied
    Did the guy freak out on Discord or something?

4. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    My preferred method of Scrolling with white scrolls is to practice for 3 hours a day on https://www.3daimtrainer.com/. That way when it's time to click "Yes", I would have had hundreds of hours of practice under my belt clicking on the right target. Sometimes I get discouraged because my aim is terrible, but then I tell myself "No, -ovv, I need to be better. I've spent thousands of hours grinding at uwu2 for these white scrolls and I'd be a huge pepega if I managed to blow it up all at once due to poor aim." so I convince myself to continue with the rest of my training. An unintended side-effect is that I've also improved my ability to focus without blinking. My personal best time is 1 minute and 48 seconds. This training has also also helped in other games too. I'm now Bronze 2 in Valorant when I was Bronze 3 just four seasons ago.

• Informative Informative x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    1:19 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
  6. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    10:19 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
  7. OP
    OP
    beegoratto

beegoratto Skelosaurus

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    This is the same as turning ws prompt off and just slamming on item with the extra added step of the player potentially unchecking the legendary spirit box. It’s up to personal preference but it’s an optional thing to remove possible bugs or potential pepega moments

8. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    10:19 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    dont you still need to press "yes" if you drag without the ws prompt on, if using without legendary spirit

9. OP
    OP
    beegoratto

beegoratto Skelosaurus

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    I thought no, but now I’m unsure

10. Cornwall

Cornwall Chronos

Dec 11, 2020
    Male
    12:19 PM
    Cornsair
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Since when does beegorattobeegoratto make helpful serious posts in the forums

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. Palladino

Palladino Master Chronos

Apr 26, 2020
    5:19 PM
    Paladin
    Funk
    he applied for the balance team

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    beegoratto

beegoratto Skelosaurus

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Wtf I made a whole ass BM guide

13. Oradious

Oradious Mr. Anchor

Aug 28, 2018
    Male
    12:19 AM
    Oradious
    F/P Arch Mage, Gunslinger, Buccaneer
    Pasta
  14. OP
    OP
    beegoratto

beegoratto Skelosaurus

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
  15. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    5:19 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    I hope you learned your lesson, now get back to the memes.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Edann

Edann Slimy Retired Staff

Oct 24, 2020
    6:19 PM
    Edann
    I/L Arch Mage
    Pasta
    Better than dying because 5 loose CL pixels block your INFERIOR dr observation technique for a couple frames

• Creative Creative x 1
  17. OP
    OP
    beegoratto

beegoratto Skelosaurus

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Surely you mean Bahamut