1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Dark Knight Skill Changes

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by xiaoyaoz, Sep 20, 2022.

1. RemiIia

RemiIia Mr. Anchor

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    5:52 PM
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    alright, I did some revision to my original post after I went back to the drawing board and worked out everything that new and old data suggested.

I hope my post can gain some support for this to happen.

• Like Like x 1
  2. KEKMEISTER

KEKMEISTER Red Snail

Mar 19, 2022
    Male
    FangBladeJr
    Dark Knight, F/P Arch Mage
    Arcane
    As I'm sure many other DKs are still practicing their "new" shiny ability I think a small QoL change for the active berserk would for the buff icon to be listed below the other buffs like mount, battleship, etc. I have found that looking at my hp to make sure it isn't 1 and then trying to find the berserk icon inside the list of all the other buffs is a bit annoying, especially if you get rebuffed during the active berserk duration. It would be nice to be able to easily find the most important buff for DKs that controls whether we live or die depending on when it deactivates.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. RemiIia

RemiIia Mr. Anchor

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜

bump

4. lycan93

lycan93 Blue Snail

Jun 3, 2023
    8:52 AM
    Warrior
    why my dragon blood its not same with website

Attached Files:

5. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    2:52 AM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
  6. lycan93

lycan93 Blue Snail

Jun 3, 2023
    8:52 AM
    Warrior
  7. Brycekrispy7

Brycekrispy7 Snail

Nov 20, 2020
    Male
    Z0diac
    Shadower
    Nimbus
    I think DK is missing some of its identity that it previously had in original pre-bb Maplestory. I think DKs are missing the identity of being the class with the highest amount of HP. In original MS basically nobody HP washed so DKs had the highest HP along with other warriors if they received HB. I think they can regain this identity and also help/fix some class issues many people describe by buffing their max HP to 45k. If it's possible, their max HP should still be 30k without HB but when they receive a HB buff it will become 45k max. I think this will also make the class feel more authentic to the original pre-bb Maplestory experience because basically nobody ever reached 30k HP in original MS so when DKs used HB it always gave a nice HP bonus to them and none of that bonus HP was "wasted". On MapleLegends this isn't as common as most DKs gain a much smaller % amount of their bonus HP from HB then they would have in original pre-bb Maplestory. This change also won't make existing DKs want to reroll to get to 45k because with the release of the HP challenges you can get to 45k max HP with a level 180 DK that can gain 1,125 HP from equips.

This change will make DKs more durable which will only help one of their major issues which is survivability while berserking. In addition to this, it will also make it easier to gain the extra damage from lower HP berserk thresholds which in turn will increase their overall damage in most scenarios. This change will also help with potion efficiency as having a higher HP pool will help with % based HP potions. I also think this change will make the class more accessible to more players who might have been turned away from the class because of how stress inducing it can feel to be on thin ice while trying to berserk.

However its done, I think its important that DKs are a decently popular class in MapleLegends because it should help make the server retain more players or at the very least, retain more level 155+ players. When HP challenges are released I think new or previous players who never seriously got into Legends because of HP washing will join/return and try this server out. If there are more DKs on the server for them to do content with I think they will be more likely to continue playing. In the notes for the HP threshold amounts its stated that some of those numbers were developed with receiving HB in mind. If these new players read this and are excited to see they don't have to wash but later once they get to those levels realize they can't find any DKs it can feel really bad and may cause some of them to quit. I think this scenario could happen to new players who join this server, level up, and think that it won't be that hard to find a DK and are disappointed when they can't do the content they thought they could do.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    7:52 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    so many people are making dks they must be a good class

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    2:52 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    It's so good i need 12

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. bienfu

bienfu Pac Pinky

Aug 14, 2022
    Male
    secondpink
    Beginner
    I'm back baby.

Aura of the beholder ought to reduce some damage taken (it reflects...)

The active berserker buff should be more damage and make Drk immune to any stuns and debuffs

Kthnx!

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  11. Tarnished

Tarnished Pac Pinky

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    Confessor, Tarnished, Hawthorn
    Hero
    IMO some additional QoL changes could make DK feel a lot smoother
    • Allow zerk to be cast at any time. Currently you can't use it if you're locked in your very very slow Crusher animation, which means you can't count on Active Zerk as a quick-time life saving ability
    • Add Re-cast to turn off Active Zerk (and maybe even refund 50% of its remaining duration). Right-clicking to remove Active Zerk after Sed may or may not be a skill-check but it feels unintuitive and you can't do it on controller.
    • Allow Mounts in CWK

Last edited: Aug 10, 2023
  12. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    7:52 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    it would be nice to see how many dks were created 6 months prior to feb 2022 vs 6 months since patch (^:

• Informative Informative x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    3:52 AM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    Not a DK main but one thing I noticed is the reworked package can be complete if Dragon blood was improved upon.

Original Reworked Skill:

Dragon Blood
    • When activated, heals for 5% max HP every 4 seconds
    • Duration is 120 seconds, with a cooldown of 180 seconds

Suggested Reworked Skill

Dragon Blood
    • When activated, heals for 2% max HP every 1 seconds
    • Duration is 30 seconds, with a cooldown of 60 seconds
    The intention of the suggested rework/change is for Dragon Blood to compliment the Active Berserk part of the skill. One can argue that the skill ceiling is lowered/the floor is raised, but IMO the class as a whole can benefit from a constant stream of HP recovery that can go hand in hand with the reworked berserk.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Gino

Gino Brown Teddy

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    8:52 PM
    GlNO
    Dark Knight
    Sleepywood
    What happened to zerker I just got 1 shotted to death by a jr yeti....

Last edited: Aug 17, 2023
  15. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    My guess is you went to 1 hp from active zerk then died to cold damage.

The snowy maps around El Nath do constant damage that ignores iframes unless you drink that like hot chocolate stuff

Last edited: Aug 17, 2023
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Gino

Gino Brown Teddy

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    GlNO
    Dark Knight
    Sleepywood
    Yeah that is what happened hmm..why does zerk bring my hp to 1 when I get hit though that's kinda too extreme don't ya think? Sorry I still don't understand zerk changes yet.

17. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    That's only the active Zerk. Active zerk is a buff that lasts 30 sec that will make any hit bring you down to 1 HP (or kill you at 1 hp), no matter how much damage it originally did. If you don't want that, you can zerk like normal and just take hits until you're low health, and stay at low health for the passive zerk damage boost and don't press the zerk button.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Gino

Gino Brown Teddy

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    GlNO
    Dark Knight
    Sleepywood
    Ahh ok I think I understand better now it's like a trigger once I press it I will go into the danger zone that makes sense. :yay:

Last edited: Aug 18, 2023
  19. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Yeah that's a good way of thinking of it. It becomes a useful tool later when you're bossing as you can reduce big boss hit to small amounts and use cheaper potions, but while killing normal monsters (like Jr. Yeti) it's wasteful.

20. Gino

Gino Brown Teddy

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    GlNO
    Dark Knight
    Sleepywood
    Seems like warrior weapons are unbalanced...specifically polearms.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2023