1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Should the Upgrade Curve Be Changed?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by bienfu, Sep 5, 2023.

1. Subterlabor

Subterlabor Headless Horseman

Mar 13, 2023
    3:32 PM
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Alright, if progression is a "fake" metric, why do you have a ws+10 timeless? :cautious:

Why does anyone upgrade anything? Why isn't everyone sitting on maple island whacking snails?

2. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    2:32 PM
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Because those were the personal goals I set for myself. I literally just said players define progression metrics, it’s not some hard rule implemented by the game. It’s arbitrary goals that you, the player, decide on.

3. Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Because if not for progression the game is pointless. I think there is a very small few people who stay on the game on a routine basis just to FMhoe or otherwise. The point of almost any game in existence is progression of some level, Mario, Tetris, Need for speed Underground 2 (lol random throwback) is all based on progression. Blankly saying "it's your choice that you want to progress" isn't a 1 off scapegoat to disregard all balancing in the game.

4. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    I’m going to assume you didn’t actually read my post and I’ll just re-iterate:

it does not matter how much they change the drop table. You will hit a wall eventually where “progression” slows down significantly. At a certain point you’re going to have to be happy with what you have.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    11:32 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Maybe the real 25 att cape is the friends made along the way

• Agree Agree x 7
  6. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    The connections you have on ML far outweigh the gear you wear in terms of gatekeeping.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    That's a different arguement altogether. There will always be people with 20+att capes, ws+10 items etc, but that means therefore everyone else isn't allowed to pay a realistic affordable price for a 4 att cape, or other upgrades? The system only allows there to be a maximum potential of items, so unless something is changed sure. There will always be a "wall" in progression. The arguement is WHERE that wall is, because right now it's dropping even lower+earlier with the excessive prices of capes just by example.

The best possible cape in existence would be 29 w.att, so does that mean the "wall" should be at a 4att clean cape, because other people dumping billions are depleting the supply available to the playerbase, in turn skyrocketing the price?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    The price of scrolled capes hasn’t changed at all. You don’t have to buy a clean cape.

9. Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    That doesn't answer the question

10. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    You have literally built your own wall, is the answer.
    1. If your “wall” is the inability to afford a 240m item, this game probably is not for you, seeing as how the “gold standard” item I mentioned (14 wa gloves) is worth 550mz

2. you’re paying a premium for the available slots. If you really wanted you could easily buy a 0 slot 6 attack cape for 100 coins. It’s literally your own decision to overpay for a clean 4 wa cape.

11. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    I actually want to go back to this point really quick. I agree progression is an important part of the game. That’s why I set a perfect +7 timeless as one of my original goals to work on. Slowly farming ws, and scrolling it over time was incredibly satisfying. I worked to accomplish my goal and felt like I was progressing, as you put it.

You also have the ability to to the same thing, if you wanted to. You just choose to instead ask to have the same outcome handed to you instead of making it a goal to work on long term.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Why Boomer Blen trying to build a wall.

• Great Work Great Work x 5
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    lmao

Nobody is asking to be "handed" a ws+10 bow, people are wanting a more realistic "wall" in progression. We want BALANCE to be adjusted. That doesn't mean "I want the wall of progression to be a ws+10 bow, 25 att gloves, 20 att fs, etc etc" shit all I want right now is a 8-10 att cape, and a 130+ timeless. I'd be content with that to carry me into deep endgame.

14. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    Okay and what’s stopping you from working on those goals right now?

15. Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Alright, we should increase ws, cs, capes, and 14 att glove prices instead. Lets make everything 3bill each, because since it's still "possible" in time the balance of the game is irrelevant, and progression is personal choice.

16. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    it’s honestly amusing to me that you have made goals, and are clearly making progress (as can be seen from your recent smegas of your 14 wa timeless gloves) but are still adamant you can’t progress.

17. Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    I never said I can't progress beeg

18. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    So what’s the issue?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. Subterlabor

Mar 13, 2023
    SweatLord
    Bowmaster
    Toilet
    Maybe read the post

20. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    11:32 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    I really think the highly anticipated Subterlabor journal would help a lot in this discussion. Even if not for the sake of the readers, it'd probably do a great job of reminding Subterlabor of hours spent and gains made as a result.
    Fwiw, 14 att glove, 8 att cape and 130 bow are all feasibly obtainable within months, which is probably the time it'd take you to reach pb levels from your current level/funding.

• Agree Agree x 4