1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Remove NLC Pots

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Lionheart, Jul 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DontStop

DontStop Red Snail

Jun 12, 2015
    Male
    3:33 AM
    Stop
    Hermit
    Majestic
    Good thing warriors burn pots like crazy with hp pools exceeding 10k with no viable money source. Bishops can at least afford the pots from a viable income, other classes who want decent exp at high lvl monsters are breaking even / losing money from pots.

2. Loki

Loki Slime

Jun 17, 2015
    Male
    New Zealand
    8:33 PM
    Precision
    Bowman
    GUCCI
    You're wasting your time trying to convince these people. Look at the rankings and you'll see so many bishops and mages because ulty is op and it's only op because of NLC pots.

This topic was brought up a lot on the MS and Basil forums years ago and Neckson never went through with it.

NLC pots are the reason Bish and Mages are easy mode and since the Bish and Mage pop is so high you wont be able to convince them.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    2:33 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Yet. :) Just gonna wait till you get in leech range of skeles. lol! Actually if you've never been leeched, fair enough. The statement was aimed more at the population in general. Because I know there are many leechers out there...

Right well you see the thing is, MP costs 2x as much as HP. That is.. until we throw in other NLC pots like sorcerer elixirs, supreme pizzas, and grilled cheese...

@Kimberly@Kimberly: please don't lock this thread until at least Ryan gets a chance to explain his view. No one else seems to be posting in favor though. :speechless:

4. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    5:33 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Removing the nlc pots means making things harder for all jobs, so mages will still remain proportionally in advantage. The problem is everything would be harder than what GMS was like, and people are usually looking for nostalgia in this server over challenges. The server itself is a challenge and the fact that mages are easy gameplay was a feature too.
    Now, a change in the prices of nlc potions might be reasonable. But not a huge change.

5. Yell

Yell Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Apr 10, 2015
    With Waldo.
    4:33 AM
    Snail
    I'm going to put this out here as a warning.

DO NOT bash the opinions of others.

Posts that are insulting will be deleted and that person will receive infraction according to their post.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Rod

Rod Selkie Jr.

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    9:33 AM
    This is my opinion about this thread:

ᕙ Kappa ᕗ

• Like Like x 1
  7. Loki

Loki Slime

Jun 17, 2015
    Male
    New Zealand
    8:33 PM
    Precision
    Bowman
    GUCCI
    Like I said I'm not going to bother arguing about it but you're silly if you think it proportionally nerfs all jobs.

8. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    5:33 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    The resemblance is amazing

Mages raise leeching price to cover their pot burn -> Other jobs pay it anyways because most players are lazy by nature and they also have more expensive potion costs added to them if they want to solo grind or boss -> Mages end up earning tons more mesos than other jobs

9. Jasmine

Jasmine Horny Mushroom

May 22, 2015
    Female
    Narnia
    Bliss
    Bishop
    Majestic
    In all honesty, if pots cost more, we charge more for leech, we can still afford the high priced scrolls and other people wont because they just spent all their money on buying leech.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Plaudible

Plaudible Slime

Apr 3, 2015
    Male
    Plaudible
    Ranger
    Valhalla
    Why is this even a topic?

For the same reason as bishops not getting genesis gimped, this is to completely re-experience the old Maplestory. It's to make the experience as similar as it was originally. NLC pots were a part of Maplestory back then, as they will be now...

11. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Or we could just remove the forums from the game. Because I swear any discussion that tries to take a look at rebalancing ANYTHING turns into people just trolling "lets just remove all things from the game".

On another note, been talking to some people. As mentioned before (somewhere in this mess of a thread) maybe prices could be tweaked. Also, maybe only some individual potions could be removed or have prices tweaked. Don't want to screw over the warriors or archers and thieves! Just the bishops and my fellow mages! :p

• Like Like x 1
  12. DontStop

DontStop Red Snail

Jun 12, 2015
    Male
    Stop
    Hermit
    Majestic
    People would take your post more seriously if your point was more valid. Removing mp pots won't change anything for mages considering that they would only charge more for leech to make up for the loss of pot money. People are still going to pay for the leech and mages will still come out on top. Your idea isn't re-balancing anything.

• Like Like x 4
  13. Samus

Samus Dark Stone Golem

May 15, 2015
    Female
    Samus
    Marksman
    i'm REALLY sick of posts like this on every big discussion on the forums. If you want to state your opinion or add something to the discussion, all power to you. But no matter which side you are on in any discussion, there is absolutely no need for elitist, pointless comments like this which only have the intent of mocking the other side of the argument. Let's all be civil.

• Like Like x 5
  14. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I think you're wrong. Mage may still be on the top, but we should make them pay for it. And nobody has to buy a leech. Not everybody does. You know, despite all the talk about bishops this, leeching that, the primary reason I've been pushing this was to fight inflation of mesos. Everything else like making bishop and mage's life harder is just an added bonus.

Thanks for saying what needed to be said.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Berz

Berz Orange Mushroom

May 26, 2015
    Male
    Not close enough to the fridge
    Beginner
    -
    @Lionheart@Lionheart I'm not going to say I never liked but I never really thought "I like this dude" until this post.

I wouldnt mind seeing ales, ginseng, honester, and mana @ 16k, 8k, 9k, 9k, respectiveley

"It doesn't affect all classes the same!" Nothing ever does.

"Leeching prices will go up!" Demand will go down and mages will sell leech just to cover some loses at high burn maps.

"Why are you trying to make it harder?"
    Please understand that these potion make cost go down and can cut cost by 50% and even more. So even at x4 prices you will only feel a x2 x3 price when moving off regular potions and will only get better from there.

"There is no good that comes out of this/Why have a money sink?" Having an effective money sink is a good idea for low pop servers. This pervents excess accumaltion of pure wealth, not talking about items of value, but straight money. When this occures on low populations it becomes harder and harder for new players to intergrate into the game, but that is a whole post in self right there.

16. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    4:33 PM
    Cleaned up the thread a little.

If you have nothing to contribute that advances the discussion in a sufficiently objective manner, kindly refrain from posting.

17. Animate

Animate Timer

Apr 2, 2015
    Male
    Donut
    I/L Mage
    JSquad
    I disagree.

18. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    10:33 AM
    Moderator Post
    The reason OP brings up NLC removes is basically because NLC has the cheapest pots. I go compare one pot just for sake of contribution (be note nothing is going to be changed, but at least you guys will see some sight why he suggest this):

Grilled Cheese - 500 MP/HP 20 DEF buff for 30 min | COST: 500 mesos

Now for the other pots...

Unagi:
    1000 HP | COST: 1,100 (worse by 1000 MP, 20 DEF, 100 mesos)
    Waffle:
    300 HP/MP | COST: 600 (worse by 200 HP/MP, 20 DEF, 100 mesos)
    Watermelon
    1000 HP/MP |COST: 3,200 (worse by 200 mesos, 20 DEF)
    Ice Cream Pop:
    2000 HP | COST: 2,300 (worse by 2000 MP, 300 mesos, 20 DEF)
    Cherry Pie:
    2000 HP/MP 2 ATT buff (worse by 1000 mesos, although gives 2 ATT buff which is nothing useful)
    Melting Cheese:
    4000 HP | COSTS: 4,500 (worse by 500 mesos, 4000 MP, 20 DEF)
    Reindeer Milk:
    Pretty much as bad as Melting Cheese
    Sunrise Dew:
    4000 MP | COSTS: 8,100 mesos (worse by way too much over grilled cheese to even put here)
    Sunset Dew:
    5000 MP | COSTS: 10,200 mesos ^ ditto

19. npfenix1

npfenix1 Brown Teddy

May 18, 2015
    Male
    Under the bridge.
    11:33 AM
    *LURKING*
    Marauder
    You've really gained my respect over all of these posts @Lionheart@Lionheart . Proud to say my Ranger is in your guild.
    You argue your points smoothly and you're well spoken in that manner too. If anything I wish there was more people who'd bring up
    points (as well done as this) that went against the public opinion. Because these kind of threads bring discussions and ways to see how people on this server think.

But I agree with Loki:
    Basically, you're riding into a battle where odds are strongly against you. I'm not saying its bad, you probably know it well yourself.
    I wouldn't really have made this post if it wasn't so one-sided. Feels like you're shouting in a cave and not getting any positive echos back.

I'm all about making games extra-hardcore-difficult-rough-laborious-teethgritting hard but that's just my opinion.
    And that is why I also think your idea isn't bad. Everyone here are talking as if LEECH has to be part of the game. There's no world without it.
    I play Islander currently and I love it here being able to whack things with basic attack and always getting the same amount of EXP.

Maybe removing them(NLC pots) is too drastic, either way I can live with both solutions.

Just wanted to come here and give you my vote because after reading some posts it feels like picking up on someone who's bringing up a solid idea.

• Like Like x 6
  20. Neko

Neko Wolfspider

Dec 26, 2014
    10:33 AM
    Neko / Inumimi lvl 6x BM
    Bishop
    Project <3
    I liked the post, cuz i think there has to be some kind of change Kappa

Maybe just make the nlc pots 2x as expensive instead of removing them or something, should still be cheaper than everything else in the long run for high lvls ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.