1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Remove NLC Pots

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Lionheart, Jul 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    2:32 PM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    No please,Im not a op bishop why should me and the rest of the job pay for this?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Neko

Neko Wolfspider

Dec 26, 2014
    Neko / Inumimi lvl 6x BM
    Bishop
    Project <3
    Would not affect anyone more/less if the pots got removed right ?
    so i don`t see how increasing the prices would be any different

3. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    The answer is just leave mages alone :confused: no more nerfs no more crap this is old ms and we like it how it was

• Like Like x 5
  4. TweedleDeem

TweedleDeem Orange Mushroom

Jun 24, 2015
    8:32 AM
    Twedle
    Priest
    Evolution
    While I love small (ish) and classic servers, I get nervous with threads like this. While I do want people to have a voice and make change to what they want, or at least try, threads like this that will make effect my maple life massively, as well as others, really make me feel iffy. I hope we don't change too much from the original experience.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
    • Like Like x 2
  5. Friend

Friend Slime

Jun 7, 2015
    Male
    9:32 AM
    Friend
    Cleric
    this would pretty much kill mages... reason has been explained by numerous ppl

6. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    7:32 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I just want to point out, mages are doing quite well. They dominate the rankings and can get money and farm stuff easier than most other classes. At least, that's what everyone else tells me when we suggest adding gash items to mobs. So I'd bet if we took away their discount potions, they'd still do fine.

Also, we don't have to remove or nerf ALL the things in NLC. Like, if we just want to target the %heal of MP, we can just change the mana bull, ginseng root, and ginger ales.

7. TweedleDeem

Jun 24, 2015
    Twedle
    Priest
    Evolution
    It's so ignorant to assume all mages have it well. Dear god.

8. Friend

Friend Slime

Jun 7, 2015
    Male
    Friend
    Cleric

What you're saying is pretty one sided tho... aren't you going to mention the current pot drain mages face as well as the fact that they are terrible at bosses (one of the best ways to make money)?

Sure there are many mages on the highscores and they are better at farming, but you have to understand every class is different. They all have their unique selling point. You can't compare apples to oranges.

• Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    7:32 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    The rankings clearly prove my point by a landslide. OnionListen

If we want to talk about ignorance, it's ignoring what's blatantly right in front of your face. Sure mate, there are some people that aren't doing well. I'm 100% sure that it's their faults though. Either they don't know how to manage their items or mesos, train way too aggressively, or.. simply don't know enough about the game and what they probably should be doing. That or just pisspoor decision making. Should I 30% my +6 weapon I heavily rely on and would be screwed without? Sure! Then it blows up and it's time to make a thread on the forums whining that we need to make this item easier to get from gash... Kappa

There's tons of quests out there that give nice supplies of potions and scrolls to sell. Then you do LPQ, LMPQ, you get a huge stockpile of items you can use or sell to other players. There's lots of ways to be successful in this game. And if you're not, sorry, but you're doing something wrong.

One-sided? How? Currently there is no pot drain because the NLC pots are ridiculously cheap. Also, you want to talk about bosses.. have you considered that bossing ends up becoming a way for most of these other "bossing classes" to level up? We've had Anego, Crow, Headless, Bigfoot, and everything else available for a while now. Still it doesn't seem like any of the others will catch up any time soon.

To say mages are terrible at bossing is an exaggeration though. If we want to talk about one-sided arguments. So in 4th job, mages have a really good skill that hits 15 mobs at once, and generally, other skills that aren't stellar single-target DPS compared to say, dexless nightlords hitting 6x with triple throw + shadow partner. But I'd say just because you have like 75% of the DPS of another "bossing class" it doesn't make you terrible.

10. TweedleDeem

Jun 24, 2015
    Twedle
    Priest
    Evolution
    It's so infuriating that you want to ruin the game for all mages because of the top ranking players. Also when will you be happy? When mages sink 6 mil into potting while other sink less, and when mages don't own the leader boards anymore? What is it that you want? A gold hole? Mage nerf? I don't understand. A mage having to pay 6 mil for pots hourly who doesn't sell leech is ridiculous and honestly just really upsets me that you would want to do this to them/us.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    10:32 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    LMPQ? OnionSpit No one does that anymore, I'd understand if you said OPQ.

12. Invincible

Invincible Brown Teddy

Mar 17, 2015
    Male
    Canada/Quebec
    Invincible
    Bishop
    Honor
    Potion already cost way too much mesos on 1x drop, im a lvl 112 priest and i have to still go farm mesos at GS2(Ghost ships 2), himing cost almost as much as buying leech for 4m hour, i should not need to still be going at low lvl spot to make mesos because i dont have enough mesos to grind at the right place until i reach lvl 120, so if they make the price even higher that would make no sense, Mage/Bishop class is pretty weak into boss fighting, their only advantage is that they can actualy sell leech and clear mobs map pretty fast, so in my opinion its an extremely bad idea, i understand what your saying but the potion cost already way too much until you reach lvl 120+ as a mage/bishop so its even worst for other classes that reached an high lvl. The server is also already 3 month and half old so if they increase price now it will be unfair to every single new player on the server, its too late to come up with a such idea even if it would have been a good one.

13. driverdown

driverdown Orange Mushroom

Apr 18, 2015
    Female
    nowhere
    Falling
    Ranger
    buttstuff
    I'm kinda surprised no one does LMPQ anymore...it's still good for 51-55 or something. I mean its fast exp OnionXD

14. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Highlvls where able to train efficiently before nlc update in gms. So any comment about it not being worth it is false.
    All removing these Pots would do is remove mesos from the economy but mostly from Mages, with I'm fine with as a Priest.
    I'd like to see this happen.

15. xquzion

xquzion Capt. Latanica

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    3:32 PM
    Sean
    everyone talks about mages and noone takes into consideration that a warrior gets hit for 3k at skeles prob each 2 secs... make the math to see how much that would cost w/o nlc pots

• Like Like x 2
  16. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    ...But I love NLC's potions. ;_;

17. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    The next person making a very sarcastic or insulting comment in attempts to be funny gets a 3 day ban from the forums.

Getting to 10+ deleted posts after 2 staff warnings and still on-going is ridiculous. If you want contribute in disagreeing, be mature and provide valid statements, so we can see you don't want this happening. The more mature your post is the more your opinion is taken, by everyone.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Senpai

Senpai King Slime

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Senpai
    Assassin

Hey i just found out about this going on and i was shocked because im a fighter with no rage (as most warriors if not all), im using warrior elixirs and if they are removed.. well its like wiping out all fighters/crusaders/heroes
    I think this is valid enough to stop this madness :O correct me if i am mistaken...

19. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Theres are other attack potions, your are wrong, I just corrected you.

20. Senpai

Senpai King Slime

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Senpai
    Assassin
    there are no other potions that give 10 or more attack that you can buy from npc, so im not wrong.. you are

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.