1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[POLL] 2007 MS NX vs Private Server NX

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kaysimon, Oct 24, 2015.

How much NX per vote?

1. 5K NX per vote

2. 1K NX per vote

3. 500 NX per vote with 100 and 250 NX drops from mobs

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    2:09 PM
    GodIy
    Brawler
    Kimberly said it herself. She said that she wanted the server to be challenging. Why do you think she hasn't added Maple Weapons? Where have you been?

2. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
    The equips that are rare and only obtainable from gachapon should stay the way they are. People are complaining about scrolls more-so than equips. For the scrolls that are only obtainable from gachapon, maybe it would be in the game's best interest to have certain mobs drop them as well.

The argument has kind of shifted from how much NX per vote as of now. We're basically arguing about how difficult this game should be at this point.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    8:09 PM
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    Hero, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    ~Demure~
    And it is challenging, but apparently not enough to make you happy.
    Where I've been? Right here. While you were playing Royals ;) I've been right here, enjoying the server just the way it is without complaining (I haven't complained about Gach, but I'm happy to see it getting tweaked).

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
    I'll repeat, bosses at higher levels can have an increased drop rate to compensate for that. Instead of making it so that bosses spawn more frequently, they can buff the drop rate high enough so that you would not need to farm bosses for hours to gain the same amount of scrolls as you would from farming on a lv120+ Mage.

In my opinion, it should be harder for lv120+ Mages to farm just because they can also sell leech for 7m/hr. The amount of scrolls dropped from bosses should be significantly higher than mobs so that they're enabled to make more money. lv120+ Mages are already OP enough; not only can they leech, but they can level up much faster. It would make sense to buff boss drop rates significantly to compensate for it.

5. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
    It's challenging enough the way it is. I'm not the one complaining. I'm trying to prevent the staff from making a spoon-feeding gachapon machine because so many players are crying about the lack of scrolls.

6. pannenkoek

pannenkoek Horny Mushroom

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    8:09 PM
    xBowMaster
    Marksman
    GoedVerhaal!
    Been grinding at FOG for around 5/6hours and found 4 GFA 60%. Not really getting 4 GFA 60s or something of that value at gachapon for 5k nx...
    So I kinda agree with the system being it now. Already giving active players more profit, because of drops of mobs/bosses. If the mobs/bosses would drop even more and faster the scrolls will also decrease more in value. Just like getting more gachapon tickets each vote will decrease prices.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    1:09 PM
    Nikki
    Assassin
    There is absolutely no way to balance that out. Some days bishops grind 12 hours, some days they grind 1. Keeping the bosses at a static droprate that assumes the amount of farming a bishop/archmage will do is, again, unequal. And it doesn't address the higher level players ability, whether bishop or attacker, to walk over to a lower leveled boss and WRECK all of them.

You need a diversification technique that provides EQUAL OPPORTUNITY for all, high and low levels alike. May I suggest low level PQ's (KPQ, LPQ, OPQ, PPQ, CarnPQ[eventually]) and low level (unfarmable and unrepeatable) quests. This encourages server growth, creation of new characters, increases nostalgia (GMS didn't have empty PQ's.. come on), and hits on each of the big 4 economic concepts we need to solve (meso velocity, player lvl inequality, equal playing field, active play)

• Like Like x 1
  8. SgtUBER

SgtUBER Master Chronos

Oct 2, 2015
    Female
    West coast of Canada :3
    11:09 AM
    SgtUBER
    Brawler
    Bread
    just posting a comment so i can get email notifications.....carry on.....
    but this thread gives me a headache OnionConfused

• Like Like x 11
  9. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
    If we could keep it the way it is now, I'd be all for it. However, since people are complaining, it's already confirmed that gachapon will be tweaked again, meaning scrolls will become easier to obtain. The issue I have is that I want scrolls to be more-so obtainable from mobs/bosses rather than gachapon. Players should have to work for their money, not vote until they get 150k NX and then get tons of scrolls from gachapon after doing absolutely nothing.

• Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
    The more valuable scrolls would be obviously be obtainable from higher leveled mobs. I don't know if this is how it works on GMS today, but the drop rate for certain items from a mob/boss can decrease and decrease the more you out-level the boss. This would mean that a lv50 player would have a harder time finding a dropped scroll from the same lv30 mob/boss than a lv35 player.

Also, having a much higher drop rate for bosses would make it a bit more equal among lv120+ Mages and other classes. Since lv120+ Mages already have the benefit of leveling faster as well as being able to sell leech, they should be forced to deal with their lower drop rate from mobs.

p.s. Obtaining scrolls for PQing (which I thought was already implemented for some PQs) would also be a great way to gain mesos for lower level players. I completely agree with that.

11. Doap

Doap Mixed Golem

Jan 15, 2015
    Male
    Doap
    Hunter
    :less
  12. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
  13. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
    It's giving me one too, haha.

14. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    You see, though, we are trying to COMBAT inequality not exacerbate it. As it sits right now the [higher leveled players/older players/players who have farmed a lot] already have exponentially more economic power than the [new players/low leveled players/players who haven't farmed a bunch.] A simple rule about economies is that vast inequality slows them down, which is where the 'meso velocity' talk comes in.

The drop rate decrease as levels raise isn't a horrible idea.. and the much higher drop rate from 120+ boss monsters to account for farming diversification also isn't bad either..

Although I still think it is IMPOSSIBLE to balance that correctly and would be much more in favor of a simple PQ/Quest based diversification that provides for an equal playing field for all.

15. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
    I completely agree with the PQ scrolls idea. If a pretty nice scroll was only obtainable from a certain lower-leveled PQ, not only would it even out the playing field for new players but it would also encourage more veteran players to PQ with newer players for that specific scroll.

However, tweaking gachapon alone will not fix that inequality that you're describing. If gachapon was tweaked the way players wanted it, newer players as well as non-farming classes would be able to obtain scrolls from gachapon, but so would farming classes. And on top of that, they would still level faster, be able to sell leech, as well as farm for items much more effectively. Unfortunately, this is the road I believe we could be taking in the near future, and it wouldn't help balance anything.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    Mmmhmm. The item drop buffing should be almost completely boss monsters and PQ reward based, not farming monsters based. You could even go as far as slightly buffing the toughness of the PQ bosses and evening out the exp gain through stages. This would make defeating the boss and getting a chance at the good items an 'accomplishment.'

For low level players that prefer grinding, some of the same rewards (sought after scrolls that come from gacha, rare equips from gacha, etc etc) could be added to the favorite monsters of those levels. These drops could be made unobtainable for anyone that is a certain amount of levels higher than that monsters level. These drops could end by the time the ultimate skills come around.

now we are getting somewhere..

17. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
    I agree, but wouldn't it be a better idea to have the mobs that people don't prefer training at drop the scrolls? That way you can pick your poison- less EXP and better % drop rate vs better EXP and lower % drop rate.

18. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    For difficulty's sake (which I believe is something you want), yes, but the point is to have these scrolls coming to market more often so that those who already have a ton of mesos can purchase them to their hearts content. You are only level 3x-4x and have spent a lot of time on royals lately, but I believe that the general consensus is that this server is tough enough.

We just need a diversification of items to get the economy going faster. Gachapon should (and probably will) definitely stay so that they can continue catering to all types of players.

19. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    Not a bad idea, but there should be other ways of obtaining nx. Drops would be alright if there's a cap on how much you can earn each day, but you run into the problem with overflowing maps with useless nx you can't pick up. How about this idea instead:
    Vote: 1k nx
    Daily Jump Quest for 1k nx
    Mob Drops 250~500k nx on Cosmetics (Give the nx a different name like cnx (cosmetic nx)

This would give people a chance to vote and a reason to logon. No classes would have an advantage over another class in a random jump quest. It would be solely based on player skill.
    Pqs wouldn't work because some characters don't have any pqs they can do. Dependant on player level, not to mention some pqs are shorter then others.

20. fryber

fryber Windraider

Jun 1, 2015
    Male
    Out of sight, out of time
    OpTiC
    Sniper, Marksman
    Beaters
    To say the least there are plenty of interesting ideas, and keeping 120 mages in check always makes me happy.