1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[POLL] 2007 MS NX vs Private Server NX

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by kaysimon, Oct 24, 2015.

How much NX per vote?

1. 5K NX per vote

2. 1K NX per vote

3. 500 NX per vote with 100 and 250 NX drops from mobs

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    9:02 AM
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    Then what the hell do we do? Should I put a lvl 1 in my party so I get a really high drop rate. Bring him/her to the map? Multi person crap would not work. Zak would not drop helms since the highest lvl would probably do the most dps.

2. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
    I don't think that idea would apply to Zakum. It would only be put in place to prevent high leveled players from farming at low level areas, which would give low levels less places to train.

3. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    I think you mean, it would give low levels more places to train. Pretty confident you mean this.

4. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    8:02 AM
    Nikki
    Assassin
    We diversify how players obtain rare, sellable, and sought after free market items. We scale this diversification to benefit lower leveled players more to combat inequality and encourage new character creation. By doing this we can basically keep gachapon at the same rate and rules its at right now, maybe even lower the rates a bit.

All of the items chosen for diversification from the PQ's(various parts including boss and bonus stage)/Unfarmable Quests as well as all of the items chosen for diversification in the drop table of monsters from 10-100. I don't know about low leveled bosses, but I guess so as long as droprate restrictions for high levels are put in place

Along that (^) train of thought, should each PQ/Monster drop something different or should it all be one drop table?

5. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
    Yeah, it would be the best idea to have different scrolls from different PQs so that older players wouldn't only do one PQ.

6. Distance

Distance Dark Stone Golem

Jan 23, 2015
    Male
    3:02 PM
    Yeah, I like the idea of having better prizes for PQing, like rare scrolls and stuff. Also, has anyone ever gotten a PaC from LPQ? I recall it being possible to get one from the bonus boxes in GMS.

• Like Like x 3
  7. mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    The issue with decreasing NX gain to make it more GMS-like is that this servers population isn't GMS-like at all. Lots of people didn't purchase NX back in GMS but there were some that spent hundreds and thousands on NX which made up for it. Here on Legends, we can't purchase NX. No matter what, everyone is stuck with 5k NX every 24 hours. In GMS if I wanted to, I could purchase 100k NX in one day. We don't have that option here. If we were restricted to 1k NX per day, items from gach would be incredibly expensive and hard to get. Since our population is so low and we aren't able to purchase NX, I think that 5k NX daily is as close as we can get to simulating GMS.

Sorry if my post is hard to understand. Had a difficult time putting my thoughts into words..just woke up lol

• Like Like x 1
  8. Andyman99999

Andyman99999 Pac Pinky

Oct 9, 2015
    Male
    Andyman99999
    Hero
    Misfits
    You would have to open pqs to all levels which would break leveling for lower levels unless you just open it for the players who are higher leveled. This would still somewhat break the pqs since, it would make them extremely easy to do. Rotating different scrolls for different pqs might be the best idea. Then again, some people still may not pq because they might just wait until the scroll they want is on an easier pq.

9. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    2:02 PM
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    Not per se. CWKPQ hype? Kappa

Not going to actually write much here since I think it's fine as it is. Changes would only be for the worse.

• Like Like x 2
  10. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
    That's kind of the point, though. The main reason I proposed less NX was so that people couldn't have as much NX to abuse gachapon tremendously after it gets tweaked.

And, technically, you can purchase NX with Legends Points, but the staff is afraid of being sued by Neckson if that was the primary source of NX.

11. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
    It's already been confirmed that they're tweaking gachapon, so it probably won't stay the same. We're just talking about other ways they can dispense scrolls so that players can't be spoon-fed by gachapon, even inactive players.

12. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    Not gach. The amount of NX.

13. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    10:02 AM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Some of the ideas in this thread seem decent but need to be modified. However the level penalty for drop rates seems stupid to me. Implementing it would basically be telling all high leveled players that all those levels they've gained should punished.
    My lv 183 bishop has a 70 level lead over skeles, you are basically saying I should get a diminished drop rate from the place where I grind because unlike a lot of others I actually grinded? Same for my lv 159 NL with ToT or skeles since the highest level mob is 131. Punishing players for leveling seems stupid, high levels SHOULD have advantages over low levels, it's the reward for all the grinding, it should never be possible for low levels to make the same amount of mesos as high levels without being extremely lucky.

• Like Like x 5
  14. rewyuio

rewyuio Selkie Jr.

Jul 2, 2015
    Male
    Wicked,HolySpirit
    Dark Knight
    High,Project
    You, in no grounds, can talk about upper level gameplay in this server. You have been here 2 weeks and have not seen any kind of upper level gameplay. Raising the nx drop on bosses? Hey legends, who has the timers on anego and make her their bitch? Project does.... In addition many players are known to camp the mini bosses like BBder(sage cat), darkninja(dyle), moofin(manon), ciri(levi). We'd just be fighting over the bosses for nx to wash. It's already bad enogh losj and i(along with many other drks) had to wait over 6 months worth of 5k nx to play our class to the full potiental, and now you walk up here thinking here this wont hinder anyone? Get fucking real. Our scrolls have inflated massively. If it wasnt for the lower level players who just gach you'd see more 30's going off the charts. I could not give a fuck if lower level players got good gachs, good for them they made a little money, where as upper players could easily get the mesos for that quickly and keep money throughout the economy circulating. Take it from me, ask any of the players higher up "who farms the most" you'd get answers of mostly warriors who farm and can easily keep up with these gach users(losj, empiredk, swordart, and if anyone has noticed me). We need a way to get scrolll and if the way to do so is to let lower level players gach then so be it. It really not hard at all to many money so you shouldnt complain about it as you have not experienced it first hand.

• Like Like x 10
  15. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    Hero, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    ~Demure~
    This.

16. juan0072

juan0072 Blue Snail

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    Neckson-MapleStory
  17. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
    Higher leveled mobs can drop scrolls too. Nobody mentioned which scrolls would drop from which mobs. And I agree, higher levels should be able to make more profit, but lower levels should be able to make somewhat of a living as well. I can hardly afford potions right now at level 35.

18. SgtUBER

SgtUBER Master Chronos

Oct 2, 2015
    Female
    West coast of Canada :3
    6:02 AM
    SgtUBER
    Brawler
    Bread
    i'm lvl 38 and i'm doing fine with the amount of mesos i'm getting from just selling equips.
    just grind harder, atm you sound like you are just trying to find the easy way out...

• Like Like x 2
  19. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
    Why so mad? We've moved off the NX topic. We were recently just saying that gachapon shouldn't spoon-feed players cause it's easy to abuse it. Also, farming wouldn't be faster in making profit if Chaos Scrolls were only available in gachapon and gachapon was tweaked to the point that you guys stopped crying about it. Look at MapleRoyals for example. Their gachapon wasn't always filled with Chaos Scrolls, but when it was, a lot of their playerbase just started to abuse it without having to play the game. So, are you telling me you would rather have inactive players make huge profit for doing nothing instead of increasing drop rates for mobs so that players who actually do something can make profit?

Last edited: Oct 25, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    kaysimon

kaysimon Mushmom

Oct 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    GodIy
    Brawler
    The easy way out? If we could leave the game the way it is, I wouldn't have a problem with it. Players are crying over the lack of scrolls, so gachapon was already confirmed to be tweaked again, which is only gonna make the game easier.

They're going to do something about the scrolls issue without a doubt. All I'm saying is that it would be better to make players work for scrolls (by killing mobs) rather than letting players gather almost 400k NX from voting in 3 months and letting them make profit without having to do any hard work.