1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

x3 Exp, x2 Meso, x2 Drop?

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Mr Maple, Jan 10, 2016.

Increase the rates to x3 EXP, x2 Meso, x2 Drop?

1. Yes

15.4%
  2. No

84.6%
  1. Mr Maple

Mr Maple Slime

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    Australia
    12:08 PM
    Frostea
    Magician
    Firstly I would like to say a big thank you to 'Poofcakes' for helping me install this game and getting through my errors! :)

So I have recently moved from MapleRoyals to MapleLegends due to the toxic community MapleRoyals has. Very disrespectful people who wouldn't bother helping me with errors I would get and basically turned their back on me. Anyways im glad to be part of this community now and have a suggestion.

In MapleRoyals they have x4 EXP, x4 Meso and x2 Drop. Now I think this is just a tad high as it makes purchasing things in the market easier but puts prices up in FM like anything. My suggestion is to give MapleLegends x3 EXP, x2 Meso and x2 Drop. Why?

Firstly I think increasing the rate will gather more people to join. People WANT a Nostalgic experience and MapleLegends offers that experience, but people want it to be a little easier levelling up aswell. Not by a ton, just a bit because some of us old maple players like myself, couldn't reach 3rd job and higher because of how hard it was. Yes that's what made it fun, but I think increasing by a tad wont hurt.

Secondly I think increasing the Meso rate and Drop rate by a tad wont hurt either. It MAY make things easier for new-comers and might help with prices and such in FM or trades.

Thirdly which I think this point is the most important, it COMPETES with MapleRoyals. Since they are now the TOP private server and have 500+ members online everyday. I think if people saw the rates, it MAY gather some new people to play. Yes its lower rates then Royals, but its better because it isn't too easy, but also not too hard and may be better for those casual players due to work and responsibilities and may not have a lot of time to play.

This is just a suggestion because iv seen the player base for Royals and Legends and there is a MASSIVE difference, but even though Legends has a lower player base, it sure as hell has a much nicer community! :)

What do you guys think?

• Like Like x 2
  2. ArrivingDawn

ArrivingDawn Blue Snail

Jan 9, 2016
    Female
    6:08 PM
    goldfish
    Beginner
  3. Guilherme

Guilherme Red Snail

Jan 5, 2016
    Male
    Brazil
    10:08 PM
    PiuDGL
    Assassin
    CosaNostra
    Our rate is the best just the way he are. For me at least

4. OP
    OP
    Mr Maple

Mr Maple Slime

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    Australia
    Frostea
    Magician
    I understand and im not here to argue or anything :)

I just think increasing just a tad might make it a bit easier to level, but mainly compete with Royals and other servers. I just want what's best for Legends and would like to help bring more people to this game :)

5. ArrivingDawn

ArrivingDawn Blue Snail

Jan 9, 2016
    Female
    goldfish
    Beginner
  6. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    2:08 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    No

7. Togain

Togain Orange Mushroom

Sep 28, 2015
    Horntail's Cave
    8:08 PM
    Togain
    Dark Knight
    I don't know that this is the best way to "compete" with other servers. A large part of the appeal here is the difficulty, so if you throw that out the window what really stands out?

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Mr Maple

Mr Maple Slime

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    Australia
    Frostea
    Magician
    This is only a suggestion, I only just thought of this not to long ago. I haven't thought of a lot of other aspects and if its a good idea or not. So I welcome any suggestions/ opinions, just please don't blame me or anything, just suggesting things is all :)

9. Snow

Snow Mr. Anchor

Aug 30, 2015
    Male
    Demure
    Well thank you for your suggestion ;) I guess everyone likes to exp faster, but there are plenty of servers where people can do that. As you can read on GTOP this is Old School Server, and next to v62, 2x exp is most important to feel the nostalgic experience.
    I think it was main idea when this server was created to make it as much similar to old pre big bang maple as it is possible. You may think 2x or 3x doesn't make huge difference, but according to my own experience it does matter when you suddenly get 50% more exp :p
    Also I think the number of active players right now is just fine, If we will need to increase it we will find a way. (+ Server communicates 'Highly populated' when online number gets near 200, so I don't think we're ready yet).
    Thank you for your interest, glad to see that new people to this server care about it so much. Keep it up! :D

• Like Like x 3
  10. Snow

Snow Mr. Anchor

Aug 30, 2015
    Male
    Demure
    Yea, with all those HS mules and +15% event, but its not perma ;)

11. Marky

Marky Mano

Dec 23, 2015
    Male
    oldtimemarky
    Thief
    Descendants
    No 2x is easy enough why make it easier??

12. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I don't want to compete with other servers. I already know by heart that people prefer higher rates, and chance is that I could have easily got more players, if not more than MR if I went to rates like OriginMS did (who remember that server?)

The thing though is, it would go against the nature of what my goal was, also what I prefer myself personally, which means I run the server to beat other servers rather than myself. I run Legends for the users, by the users. I don't run Legends in a business way to become big, I run it for fun.

There's also an other thing I have observed, and that is the higher rates you offer as a server, the less tight your community will be. This means that higher rate servers (this is higher rates than MR) has often a community that has a lot of drama and immature people, which is a really big turn off for me personally. I rather have 100 great people than 500 where 300 or so of them are extremely toxic and mood killers. For Legends I personally believe we have one of the tightest community, and that is really something that makes me happy, since that is one of the strongest point an old 1x/1x/1x server had that I played, and was partly the reason this server was born, since that server had other issues that frustrated people a lot management wise. I made this server for them originally, even though this server isn't 1x/1x/1x with 2x cards.

I am not planning to change the rates ever on this server. If something like this is ever considered, its on a new world. But if that happens, the rates will be much different for that said world, and most likely aimed for the higher rate group.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2016
    • Like Like x 20
  13. Jackii Kon

Jackii Kon Dark Stone Golem

Sep 21, 2015
    Male
    Dragon Knight
    :(
    While higher rates might attract more people I don't think it'd be a very good idea for a few reasons. So we're on 2x exp and 3x Quest exp ...Most people already duo with a priest, or have an HS mule and there's also events going on that further buff the rates (Like right now, 15%) While that might not seem like a lot it actually makes leveling rather easy. Most people up until 3rd gain a good 1-2% per minute and then until 120 you mostly gain 0.5-1% per minute and that's without HS or partying. So leveling already is quite fast.
    Well and if you're lazy you can always buy leech zz

If you're just starting out and you know nobody, you got no funding and you're a loner it might seem tough at first but by simply looting everything that drops you already get enough Mesos for pots. While it is true that inflation is still a thing I don't see how higher drop rates and/or meso rates would fix that. Drop rate also seems fine to me (and I'm quite unlucky, so no bias here) because you pretty much get everything you want if you farm long enough. Sure, not everyone can invest that kinda time but for the most part you don't really need to invest a lot of time in farming, especially in early levels.

And ofc there's Gacha at lvl 45 which is still basically free money.

This is honestly up to staff and what kind of server they want to provide. I don't think the main goal of this server ever was to compete with top private servers but rather to deliver the best pre bb Maplestory experience while removing the pay2win option. About it "not being too easy" ..Honestly this is also difficult because it's up to you. Personally, mind you I'm 19 years old with a job, waiting to get into uni in a few months, I've been playing for roughly 3 1/2 months now and out of that time I probably only played actively for 60-70%. I took the slowest approach you could take to leveling. I solo'd. No leech, no parties. This isn't meant to show off how ~incredibly skilled~ I am at Maple (lol yeah right) but rather that even when choosing the slowest option, steady effort can lead you to results.

Really, no hard feelings..But I don't think higher rates would be healthy for this server. In terms of growth, maybe. But not gameplay.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    9:08 PM
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    I meant because of the increased spawn so I guess it's more like 4x exp PogChamp

• Like Like x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    Mr Maple

Mr Maple Slime

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    Australia
    Frostea
    Magician
    Sorry I didn't mean to start any arguments or anything, was only a suggestion :(

• Like Like x 1
  16. Jackii Kon

Jackii Kon Dark Stone Golem

Sep 21, 2015
    Male
    Dragon Knight
    :(
    Not trying to argue here, just discussing :p

• Like Like x 2
  17. Snow

Snow Mr. Anchor

Aug 30, 2015
    Male
    Demure
    Nah, Don't be sorry :D Once for a while we all have to recall why this server is 2x/1x/1x ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Losj

Losj Capt. Latanica

Apr 28, 2015
    Dark Knight
    Project
    It's all good buddy but most players prefer lower rates that play here including myself. It is a way bigger reward when you get high level here compared to other servers. If you throw suggestions on this server about higher exp rates people jump you like lions :D

But yea EXP rates are fine as they are :)

• Like Like x 4
  19. MapleBento

MapleBento Slimy

Apr 2, 2015
    Male
    7:08 PM
    Grizzly
    Dark Knight
    Noir
    I love the slow rates. ^^ I can understand that a lot of people don't have the time to invest in rates like these and even I have a hard time staying constantly active with work and school on my plate. But low rates are my life. I even wish there was a 1x exp no 4th job server because I love that era of Maplestory. However, I love MapleLegends as it is and vote for rates remaining the same. OnionRelax

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    7:08 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Absolutely against this. Every now and then, there's always going to be some new person that has barely played at all that suggests, "Let's increase the rates!" But we've already had many successful horntail runs now, we've almost got a level 200... many more will come. The suggestion will just destroy the server.

You should just play the server as it is. I think you will enjoy it. And if not... well... there are always people who just quit and go do something else. This will happen whether our rates are 1x or if they are 50x.

• Like Like x 3