1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

New World

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Fiona, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Fiona

Fiona Red Snail

Apr 7, 2015
    Male
    6:09 AM
    Hero
    Hello friends, MapleLegends has been open for 1 year, 3months, and 18 days. That equals to 475 days in total. The server is going strong and that is a testament to how good the development and community has been. But I must ask you kindly, if you could please introduce a new world. There is a reason GMS introduced new worlds, not many newbies want to join a server that is years old. Sometimes new players want to feel on the same level and join something fresh and have their own fun. I think it's time. I know tons of players who would be interested in joining this server if a new world is added simply because.. there are no fresh new v62 servers for the summer. And that really blows. So please give us a home <3 and I mean I'm not bribing you here but I would donate 300$ out of apprecation if it actually happened

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  2. cakemakes

cakemakes Slime

Sep 1, 2015
    Male
    5:09 AM
    CakeMakes
    Assassin
    Imagine
    um, i think there was already a threat suggesting this

3. OP
    OP
    Fiona

Fiona Red Snail

Apr 7, 2015
    Male
    Hero
    I looked and didn't find any suggestion threads about it. I remember seeing one in 2015 but that was like a year ago.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Snow

Snow Mr. Anchor

Aug 30, 2015
    Male
    11:09 AM
    Demure
    As someone who plays for almost a year on this server I kind of agree that the change is needed. I can also add that not 'newbie' players are bored too, many people want a wipe of this server so everyone gets equal chance to start from the beginning and everyone would be able to acomplish something in rankings.
    I think making new world would kind of fix this issue and that would allow to keep old world as it is now, but I bet it's hard to do and would take a lot of time and hard working from GMs to keep 2 worlds. With 2nd world there are also other problems like nx from voting or the player base. The number of people online (~~100) is almost fine. I don't think splitting it in 2 worlds is good thing.
    #WipeHype

• Like Like x 5
  5. Vith

Vith Dark Stone Golem

May 6, 2016
    Vith
    White Knight
    Not a bad idea actually, but don't you think it would split the playerbase even further?

What I personally feel is needed, is skill balancing (v62 was horrible for balance), more content, events, and better scroll availability (not so much as relying on gach [that shouldn't be the only way to get certain content]).

I understand Kim wants to keep it as close to v62 GMS as possible, but things can still be changed. v62 GMS was very flawed and needed changes in itself.

6. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    I don't think a second world is a good idea for a small community. It would only make it even smaller as everyone will go separate ways.

• Like Like x 7
  7. OP
    OP
    Fiona

Fiona Red Snail

Apr 7, 2015
    Male
    Hero
    Well it would introduce new players but yeah, it would split the playerbase a bit.

I am not opposed to a wipe either but I didn't bring it up because I know how crazy people can get when you say the W word. At the end of the day 10% would quit because of it, 25% would say they are quitting but play again, 25% would be happy to rejoin/restart, and 40% would be new players excited to play.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Boggyb

Boggyb Master Chronos

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    10:09 AM
    Pauldaniels
    Bishop
    Misfits
  9. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    whype Kreygasm

10. MinYoongi

MinYoongi Blue Snail

Nov 10, 2015
    Male
    xxS4suk3x93
    Bowman
    whype Onionthehehe

we all want to have fun again so let's just do this and get it over with

11. iChecco

iChecco Slimy

Jun 21, 2015
    My House
    LegoIas
    Bowmaster
    Demure
    You're making your points, but this is actually not much different from asking a wipe. Opening a new world would prolly bring new players but would demolish the current one. Like you said, people like fresh server so why would they join the old world when there is a new one which means no increase of player base for the old world and people will keep moving from the old one to the new one cuz this will also fuck up the economy and maybe other things and make players want to quit. At the end the old world will just be a dead world

• Like Like x 3
  12. Isaac

Isaac Selkie Jr.

Sep 15, 2015
    Male
    Vancouver
    3:09 AM
    Goblin
    Mafia
    Asking for a second server in a small community like this is basically a half assed wipe. No one will play the old world other than for nostalgia reasons. I don't think the server needs a wipe seeing how the numbers are going up without one at the moment. Despite the server being a year old there's still a lot to be achieved. Look at the rankings, there's only 1 lvl 200 and the lowest level of the top 5 players is 191. There are rarely any perfect items. If anyone thinks it's impossible to catch up to the top levels now.. twas once a legend named Chihaya.

• Like Like x 5
  13. Snow

Snow Mr. Anchor

Aug 30, 2015
    Male
    Demure
    Don't expect top 5 to be all 200 lvls on the server with max 120 ppl online at once ResidentSleeper

• Like Like x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    Fiona

Fiona Red Snail

Apr 7, 2015
    Male
    Hero
    I disagree. Chihaya was only 5 months late to the server, you can't compare that to being 16 months late. It's very obviously too late.

?????? The numbers are going up???????? There are 64 players online right now, there use to be a time when 200 players was ezpz. I don't see how that is going up.

I do agree a new world might be a bad idea but that just is more reason for #WIPEHYPE :^)

15. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    As previously stated a second world wouldn't work for a server of this size but a wipe... God I'd love a wipe. The fun of v62 is the begging of the journey. A wipe would piss people off but it would definitely do more good than bad for the server.

Edit, due to Kim's response

I do agree with kim, in the sense that if we were to wipe currently we'd just end up back here. Once the issues with v62 are fixed then it would be a great time to wipe.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2016
    • Like Like x 3
  16. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Its a total waste of time to wipe (or make a second server) if no changes happen/happened that people dislike right now. People may want a wipe now, but if there's no changes it will be exact same as how it is now -1 year.

• Like Like x 9
  17. OP
    OP
    Fiona

Fiona Red Snail

Apr 7, 2015
    Male
    Hero
    Idk the past year the server has fixed many bugs and added a decent amount of content. It seems the thing people hate the most right now is the lack of end-game content but with a wipe they wouldn't reach end-game for a while so you'd have plenty of time to fix that problem imo. The time the server was the most popular was when it was still fresh because it wasn't a visible problem yet.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Isaac

Isaac Selkie Jr.

Sep 15, 2015
    Male
    Vancouver
    3:09 AM
    Goblin
    Mafia
    Online count was down to 30 or so a while ago when I suggested a wipe, it's 64 now so that's an improvement. Also people are registering to forums every day; judging by the vote history on Gtop the server is growing even if the process is slow. (or more people vote abusing kappa)
    Take Minecraft for example, you can start new servers all you want. If the first exact same server got boring in the end the second will too, same with the third and so forth.

• Like Like x 3
  19. Gang

Gang Timer

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Gang
    Night Lord
    Demure
    If proper changes are made before wiping the server, it'll be a different story (My biggest concern would be the current leeching system). With those in place, you could create alot of hype for a new start. I think in the end it will be alot better then the current state of the server.

Perhaps making a few community polls about what direction everyone wants this server to go is a wise idea.

• Like Like x 3
  20. SYLegend

SYLegend Dark Stone Golem

Mar 6, 2015
    Male
    I'm totally against wipes but this would actually be a good reason for one. This server shouldn't ever have had leech in it's current form.

• Like Like x 2