1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

New World

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Fiona, Jul 19, 2016.

1. Kyle

Kyle Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    Male
    6:32 PM
    Paladin
    i would honestly like a wipe with the way this server is headed now. the new content we've added recently would be of use to all of us if we wiped. and let's be real, no one new is playing here. so nobody is really experiencing the new content really.

• Like Like x 2
  2. iChecco

iChecco Slimy

Jun 21, 2015
    My House
    12:32 AM
    LegoIas
    Bowmaster
    Demure
    johnusfjohnusf this man is new

• Like Like x 4
  3. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    WutFace

4. Isaac

Isaac Selkie Jr.

Sep 15, 2015
    Male
    Vancouver
    4:32 PM
    Goblin
    Mafia
    I feel like this thread would only get somewhere if it's done as a community poll lmao

5. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    8:32 PM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Please no wipe OnionF4, I still need my level 200 npc in ellinia OnionPanic

• Like Like x 9
  6. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    7:32 PM
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    Maybe after APQ is available.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Isaac

Isaac Selkie Jr.

Sep 15, 2015
    Male
    Vancouver
    4:32 PM
    Goblin
    Mafia
    you're gonna turn into a fken npc if it wipes lmao
    and CWKPQ

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kosmith

Kosmith Red Snail

Jul 13, 2016
    Male
    1:32 AM
    Kosmith
    Cleric
    I think a wipe is too soon, if the statistics are correct and the population is growing and the server is getting better, then I think we should wait for it to grow larger, the staff to get bigger (to manage 2 worlds) and more donations will come in. When the population will be big enough I think a vote should be called. [​IMG] We are still in the LAG phase. If any action will be needed I think wiping is not the one to be made but the second new world. Nevertheless it's still too soon to do either.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Gang

Gang Timer

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Gang
    Night Lord
    Demure
    Yup, this thread has become pointless without a poll. It's been made clear that Kimberly cannot give any information at this point. Would be nice if it could be added.

10. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Actually I think non-polls are better, since people actually talk in text what they think instead of just pressing a vote and move on. I need proper discussions, not voting. Voting is useless for me on such topic.

• Like Like x 5
  11. coffee

coffee Mano

Aug 5, 2015
    Male
    1:32 AM
    coffee32
    Beginner
    iwant wipe + remove spawn boost+remove gach+lower drop rate by little bit = better server with more people.
    people want new start

12. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    I have absolutely no opinion on this topic

• Like Like x 2
  13. PuureDank

PuureDank King Slime

Feb 7, 2016
    Male
    I was analyzing your formula you just made there and it clearly does not add up on my calculator! Removing spawn boost and gach in addition to the decrease in drop rate will drive others away even more! For one, there would be little to no economic growth as you are essentially eliminating the source to the necessities required to sustain the market! You argue that a new start can attract more players under these new rules but how can this be justified! The drop rates are already abominable enough and I think many would prefer the drop rates to be aggrandized instead! I'm certain your suggestion will cause more cataclysmic results than prosperity! If you are part of the population that is advocating for such a momentous change, you will need to provide a more thorough explanation to support it!

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Togain

Togain Orange Mushroom

Sep 28, 2015
    Horntail's Cave
    Togain
    Dark Knight
    Please stop. "Cataclysmic" is the adjective form, rofl.

Anyway, on topic: As somebody who's been playing off and on for a while now, all this discussion about whether to wipe or not as well as no information from the staff makes it pretty difficult for me to want to put in any time since the future of the server seems... uncertain. I'd be down for a wipe for some reasons stated above, such as eliminating leech and balancing some things about v62, but not knowing what's going to happen is causing me to want to just vote every 24 hours without really wanting to play.

• Like Like x 5
  15. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Wipe +1 along with some changes;
    • ''All'' maps (probably not the ones that were buffed intentionally) mob spawn rate debuffed back to gms standards or at least the skele maps.
    • Leech changes to disable self leeching or at least make solo grinding faster than leeching an afker (e.g no exp gain after 1 minute without killing any mobs).
    • Holy symbol changes to gradually get a bigger bonus the bigger the party becomes instead of having the biggest relative advantage with a party of 2 (this could overall be a buff in exp gains).
    • Remove the luckless elemental wands or add the penalty for bishops using elemental wands.
    • Remove the FM button.
    My biggest gripe with this server is the emphasis on leeching using bishops (I know there's people that do like it and that's fine too!).
    Even if you would wipe now without changing anything it would already be alot better than it was when the server first started since many things have been improved along the way.

Just my IMO for a succesful wipe. bb

• Like Like x 2
  16. PuureDank

PuureDank King Slime

Feb 7, 2016
    Male
    My only problem with the wipe is that all the progress that the server has made over the past 4x2+6 months will be lost. Many, and I mean A LOT of players have invested and dedicated so much time and just a simple wipe will erase all of their hardwork! I do not think the same players that are that high level will have the same motivation to commit the same amount of time to get to where they are now and I'm talking about the high level people. This is probably too precarious of a risk in my opinion without knowing if there will be positive results for sure. I think the GMs should make a decision soon or else this discussion will just leave players pondering whether or not they should invest any further amount of time in this game. And i am just going to use this example as a comparison, there were other private servers that we probably heard of that had a wipe not too long ago (approximately 5+4-6 months ago) and initially it was exciting and hype but the hype dies down after a while na mean and i wouldn't say that server is excelling because of the wipe right now.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    I na what you mean and though I don't know what server you're talking about noone can predict what effect a wipe would have :).

18. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    The wipe hype should just stay a troll imo

• Like Like x 8
  19. PuureDank

PuureDank King Slime

Feb 7, 2016
    Male
    I totally agree with you. However, it would be great if you could further elaborate on this because such a momentous discussion absolutely requires each and everyone's perspectives. It is easy to agree or disagree on this idea, like Kimmy said, we could easily hold a poll but it is best if constructive feedback, it makes your argument much more stronger :)

• Like Like x 2
  20. Boggyb

Boggyb Master Chronos

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    11:32 PM
    Pauldaniels
    Bishop
    Misfits
    Someone should start a thread to discuss what changes would be made to bishops in the new world; preferably with a poll with some of the ideas taken from this thread and others. Personally I'd like HS removed completely or changed to just a 15% self buff or something.

• Like Like x 4