1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Self-Bishop Leech

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by xNator, Mar 29, 2017.

1. xNator

xNator Chronos

Dec 16, 2015
    Male
    4:27 AM
    xNator
    Night Lord
    Eternal
    I have another suggestion for u guys :)

I think leeching yourself with a bishop should no longer be allowed. I think it's dumb, unfair, and not nostalgic. Don't get me wrong though, I'm all for hs mules, or having a bishop for farming, OR LEECHING OTHER PEOPLE, however, just not yourself.

2. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    3:27 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    What about if you had your arch mage leeching another char of yours along with a HS mule?

OnionSmart

• Like Like x 4
  3. OP
    OP
    xNator

xNator Chronos

Dec 16, 2015
    Male
    xNator
    Night Lord
    Eternal
    I feel like its kind of the same thing, but normally we don't see the problem with arch mages. But i think both should be not allowed

4. fryber

fryber Windraider

Jun 1, 2015
    Male
    Out of sight, out of time
    OpTiC
    Sniper, Marksman
    Beaters
    "dumb, unfair, not nostalgic" nice points. OnionYawn

• Like Like x 6
  5. Sloth

Sloth Master Chronos

Mar 5, 2017
    Male
    8:27 PM
    Raphiel, Trivia
    Bishop
    Home
    Personally i think this happens in original maple as well. They might use two computer at the same time, i have seen this a few times

6. OP
    OP
    xNator

xNator Chronos

Dec 16, 2015
    Male
    xNator
    Night Lord
    Eternal
    Yeah a lot of people do it now because it's allowed, this thread is to hopefully change that

7. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    5:27 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    Considering they have just recently removed the block ppl got with trying to log on 2 different accs on same computer along with make anyone able to open up multiple clients by simply clicking it again, I doubt this would ever happen. If this were also to be implemented now it would be incredibly unfair to new players who are trying to heavy wash their character or plan to wash their characters along with having already started a mage to do this process. Imo if a person takes the time to make a mage they have every right to be able to leech themselves. Although I do see the bigger problem being how efficient leech is at the earlier levels where it is literally faster to get leeched by a mage than to actually grind yourself (which is something I think should be changed).

• Like Like x 2
  8. Heps

Heps Slimy

Feb 13, 2017
    Male
    9:27 AM
    Defender
    If we had 10k+ online + 100+ channels sure, other than that with 250~ average online, it's not a an issue

9. Calhoun

Calhoun Horny Mushroom

Mar 2, 2017
    11:27 AM
    Calhoun
    Spearman
    I think kim should cancel the self leech.

10. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    10:27 AM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Hmmm seems a bit weird to ban self-leech and not leech overal. You may not pay mesos but you spended time training a Bishop or a Mage+HS mule (that is harder) and then you spend hours pressing one button. Self-leeching seems more hard work than paying someone else.
    Oh well, anyone is free to do what they want as long as they dont hurt others, hakuna matata :)

• Like Like x 7
  11. Rasenganjedi

Rasenganjedi Slimy

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    Netherlands
    Buccake
    Buccaneer
    Nebula
    What next? "Temple of Timevshould be removed, because it's not v62 so not nostalgic" MapleF3

• Like Like x 1
  12. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Not nostalgic is a bit weird argument on this one since this was 100% happening during v0.62. In fact, it was never removed until Genesis received a cooldown on big bang (v0.93).

• Like Like x 5
  13. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    6:27 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Selfleeching is, another type of grinding. I can't see any difference between grinding and selfleeching. just my opinion.

• Like Like x 2
  14. United

United Skelegon

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    11:27 AM
    United
    Dark Knight
    Demure
    How the hell will you know if its self leech or some1 selling leech
    This is retarded... any1 can make a bishop (easiest class to reach 4th job) and start self leech...........

• Like Like x 3
  15. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    Hmmm not sure how fast is compared to fire/poison +hs mule o.o
    If you dont have much help as a priest

16. ThePotatoSalad

ThePotatoSalad Windraider

Mar 19, 2017
    Male
    Sweden
    LucyFlower/ZhanShen666
    Bishop
    ChineseSoul
    I don't get it the point to remove self-leeching function.

Dumb ? No, it's actually smart to do that, first you get a bishop and then self-leeching your other character. This way is faster than level up your other character from the beginning and meanwhile you can have stable income by farming with your bishop or leeching other people(one stone two birds). Self-leeching is one of the smartest way to fast leveling your character. This is just one option for you, if you don't want self-leeching and want enjoying your game, choice another way. There are still lots of people who needs self-leeching to make multi-character.

Unfair? How? Some players do spend more time in this game than others, because they love the game. More time spend in game means you have better gear, higher level and multi-character, i don't see anything wrong here. If you think it's unfair, just put more time in this game and deal with it.

Not nostalgic? I guess before big bang patch, more than 90% players knows how to self-leeching and self-leeching is part of the game. People do it now because is part of the memory they still remember. So what is your "not nostalgic" point mean? :confused:

• Like Like x 2
  17. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    3:27 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Well honestly, I never liked leeching OR multi-clienting. And it's nothing about nostalgia or "unfairness" that maybe someone can't afford 2 computers (lol). It's just not the way the game should be played. You don't level up your character by actually playing it. Instead you use some other easy-to-level class to do it for you.

So then what we get with the whole broken 2 people HS mechanic is tons of people playing by themselves. Instead of bringing players together for parties, they get driven apart. And by far the most popular class is bishop because of this, so the cost of mage gears, especially ele wands which were designed for mages and not actually priests goes through the roof.

So I mean. Let's just say that if multiclient and leeching wasn't a thing, I'd be much better off with less competition.

edit: Oh one more thing. Check out the beginner rankings. I know Brucewillis was leeched. Probably the other guy too. Kind of makes the fact that they are up there a non-accomplishment, doesn't it?

• Like Like x 1
  18. ThePotatoSalad

ThePotatoSalad Windraider

Mar 19, 2017
    Male
    Sweden
    LucyFlower/ZhanShen666
    Bishop
    ChineseSoul

Like i said, the self-leeching is just one option for players. Someone like to do the self-lecching way and someone don't, i do like level up my character on the easiest way by self-leeching(not yet in this server), my goal is have 3 high level characters. To make the progress faster, i have to do the self-leeching, because i don't have enough time to reach my goal and i have unstable playtime(make harder to find people). And what is your definition about word "broken"? Because everyone use it? I guess not.

What i see about this server is there are still lots of players who enjoying the game by doing party quests and npc quests. And also there are still not enough players you can find to party with, because people are from different countries with different time zone. Self-leeching is the solution for people who wants to grind when there is no people you can find to party with.

Every individual in this game shall feel free to play with the style they like as long as they follow the terms and conditions. You can't just force them to do the way they don't like, this is wrong.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    6:27 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    we all know who's #1 beginner :D

• Like Like x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    xNator

xNator Chronos

Dec 16, 2015
    Male
    xNator
    Night Lord
    Eternal
    Thanks i didnt know u were an asshole but i guess i learn something new everyday

• Like Like x 1