1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Warrior Hammer Bro's Guide to the Modern Paladin

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by Paid2Win, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Paid2Win

Paid2Win Brown Teddy

Oct 25, 2019
    Male
    7:03 PM
    Paid2Win
    Paladin
    Katsu
    EDIT:
    Last major update 02/01/2024
    Last minor update: 05/08/2021
    RECENT UPDATES: major
    -All of it. It's been three years y'all we need a facelift
    - Ya boy is back
    -Removed some salty-ness, I needed a break y'all I'm sorry
    -10.5k to 11.k words

UPCOMING CHANGES: Add pictures for NT boss meta discussion, add in prestige coin system explanation and farming rotation for paladins.
    WORD COUNT: 11.5k

So you want to be a Paladin? YEEHAW.

Welcome to a new Paladin guide focused around level progression, gear, and making smort decisions. Let's preface this first with: This guide is 100% my opinion, gathered from gameplay, hammer bro friendship, statistics, blood, sweat, and BW tears. If you don't agree with it that is A-Okay partner; there are other Paladin guides on the forum and in the world so feel free to compare and contrast.

Paladin Pros:
    + Solid 4th job training opportunities for a very fast progression.
    + Endgame meta with both swords and blunt weapons (bw) gives you options and variety
    + Buffed blast range gives Paladins more efficiency with single target DPS
    + Rule the school on elemental bosses (I'm looking at you Scar && NT)
    + Big Hammer

Paladin Cons:
    - Elemental resistant bosses and mobs can own your ass
    - Deal significantly less cleave damage than other warrior classes
    - No class buffs to contribute to bossing
    - Third job and 120 to 130 training is a slog
    - Bossing skills take later to get due to the high number of skills you need.
    - A lot people still do not understand what a paladin does or what roles they fill in bossing, so you will have to become a salesman to make it onto some runs.
    - Be continuously subjected to nerfs without balance

Paladin differs from Hero in many ways, but my favorite variance is the fact that Paladins can go sword or BW endgame.

Why go one or the other? That's entirely up to you. The quick version is this: Swords have a more stable damage range (tighter attack range on your stats page), Timeless and Reverse options, have a 1H and 2H option, and are faster. BW are significantly cheaper, have higher attack and clean accuracy at endgame, and can hit higher numbers.

The negatives follow the positives. Swords are very expensive, scrolls are more expensive, etc. BWs have an obnoxiously large attack range (so your lows are very low), are generally slower, really can only be 1H in endgame for viable damage.

There is already a guide on how to go "hybrid" on the forums so I won't harp about that but it is an option as well. Ultimately, with the new blast range, it does not matter if you go sword or blunt weapon, just make sure you follow through on your option.

Paladins have a couple of options when it comes to AP distribution.

Dexless is the idea of having as close to 4 base dex as humanly possible and pumping all of your base AP into str. Going dexless lets you put all of your AP into strength, which benefits greatly from Maple Warrior at higher levels where MW is plentiful. Remember, MW does not affect any stat gained from equips, just your base score. Dexless is especially popular if you decide to go BW, as your endgame option does not require dex and has 13 accuracy clean.

Going dexless is also going to cost you more meso, as warriors may not need the dexterity but always fight for accuracy stat. This is especially true at lower levels. If you are new to the server, or don't have a lot of money to fund a warrior, you may want to start low dex and transition into dexless later in the game. There is no shame in having base dex, and if anyone tells you otherwise they can go pound sand. Even at high level with decent gear, it may not be possible to go dexless due to dex requirements from weapons.

Low Dex refers to a build where the warrior generally keeps between 20 and 50 base AP into dexterity. If you plan on going with a sword, this is probably going to be your main option unless you have god-tier funding and friends to carry you, or decide to go Dragon Claymore and rebel against the system. Even BW Paladins may choose to go low dex to assist with accuracy in earlier jobs and prepare for NT weapons.

HP Washing is optional on a paladin. Just like HP washing is optional for all other classes, HP washing is optional for a Paladin. No one is saying you have to HP wash.

Now should you HP wash???

If you want to do endgame content, which at this point is HT, NT and Pink Bean, the answer is yes. If you want the option to Bigfoot to level around 13x, the answer is yes. If you want to flex more than 20k HP, the answer is yes.

To have more comfortable gameplay and survivability, I recommend casually washing your Paladin. You can do this with INT equips and adding 40-50 points of base int.

For a point of reference:

I personally did not truly start washing until 120, and only used INT from a Zakum helm and Deputy Star from 50 to 120. After 120, I leveled with INT equipment (roughly 120 int/level from 120 to 155) and now have around 27.7k HP at 198.

There are a ton of HP washing guides, detailing base INT vs equip INT, how to wash, etc. Go check that out or feel free to hit me up to talk HP washing specifics for your character.

There is now a HP system in place to assist with people not having to HP wash. At this time (02/01/2024) there are only two levels of the new system up so the jury is out. This is another alternative to washing as long as you don't mind repetitive, grinding quests. If you choose to use this HP system, it does not stack with washing to a certain extent and if you wash too much you will not get HP from the new system.

If you are OP Pro and know how to fund and gear a warrior, feel free to scroll on by this section.

After multiple requests, this section is being overhauled into a "best in slot" section. Each slot will be broken up into starter gear, mid tier progression, bossing tier, and endgame progression. Take those terms as you will. Starter tier is the bare bones for a new, unfunded character. Mid tier is for leveling progression through third job. Bossing tier is for fresh 130-150s looking to get into the scene. Endgame is self explanatory.

This guide is written at a pace in which unfunded characters can gear up without relying on an additional character for meso. If you have funding, you may find it easier to gear up earlier in the game.

Every warrior is going to have different goals for their character. This gearing guide focuses on maximum base strength, maximum dex earned from gear, and being able to equip NT weapons or a Stonetooth sword. Remember, any stat gained from gear is not utilized in maple warrior bonuses. This guide functions on the premise of boosting base strength whenever possible to gather more gains from MW.

If you do not plan on ever using a weapon with a dex requirement, make any changes necessary to suit your personal goals.

HELMET SLOT
    Starter: Blue Wisconsin
    Mid tier: Zakum/Scar/Ravana helm
    Bossing: Zak/Scar helm 60%'d for dex
    Endgame: Zakum/Scar/Auf helm 30+ dex or scrolled for accuracy

Explanation:
    The first investment you should make on any warrior is a Blue Wisconsin, whether it is scrolled or not. At +8 accuracy base, the base stat alone makes it your best in slot until a Zakum or Scar helmet. Ravana helms are a meme but very easy to acquire and you can use them as a place holder. For the Blue Wisc, You can try your luck at scrolling or finding a decently scrolled one for a couple of mil.

Once you get a Zakum or Scarlion helm, aim to 60% your first helm. Don't pop it if you can't afford to replace it. With 13~17 or 15~19 base dex, even if you pass just half of your 60%s you're still looking at a decent helm that will hold you over. If you have friends that can/will carry you through multiple runs, you can roll the dice with 30 & 70%s.

Endgame is when you can afford to try your luck at 70s or 30s. If you have 0 plans of ever using a weapon with a dex requirement, you may want to risk it for accuracy scrolls. A helmet for Dex 30% will give +3 Dex. A Helmet for Accuracy 30% will give +2 Dex and +4 Accuracy. At this point in ML, only dark scrolls for accuracy exist, so there is no safemode 60%ing a helmet.

If you have any intention of using a weapon with a dex requirement, do yourself a favor and scroll your helmet for dex. Yeet until desired dex is achieved.

BODY SLOT (top/bottom/overall)
    Starter: a scrolled Chainmail (level 35 warrior overall) - 100% scrolls from NPC for unfunded characters, or additionally scrolled for funded characters.
    Mid tier: a scrolled Battle Road or Battle Empress (level 80 warrior overall)
    Bossing: either a Battle Road or Neos set, getting at least 25+ combined stat from both.
    Endgame: Neos top scrolled for strength and a Neos bottom scrolled for dex getting at least 35+ combined stat, or a well leveled timeless/reverse Taragon.

Explanation:
    Your second investment, depending on your funding, is a dex overall. You can scroll a chainmail with 100% scrolls from the vendor for a low price at 14 total dex. If you have funding, you can find a god tier chainmail or try your luck with 30%s and 60%s. I don't personally recommend this, as you can easily replace the chainmail with a Battle Road at level 80 which comes with up to 10 base stat, but if you have money to spare and want to sweat harder, go for it.

Your midtier is going to be a battle road/empress, which are incredibly cheap and can be 60/70%'d for dex for a decent turn out. Somewhere down the road, you should replace your overall with a Neos set, green if you have a dex requirement on your weapon. Why Green Neos, specifically? That is the only Neos that comes with a high maximum base dex.

It is NOT worth it to rush into a neos top/bottom set that is not scrolled. I would recommend securing a good set of dex pants (14+ dex) before even considering the jump. A neos set is not worth it unless the top/bottom set will not set you back AP.

Eventually, your endgame body equips are a neos top/bottom set scrolled, or a well leveled reverse/timeless Taragon, the warrior overall. I recommend a green neos top/bottom because they both give dex (+7 max from top and +4 max from bottom) that you won't have to add to your base. Either way, you should shoot for a 20+ stat top and a 14+ stat bottom or a 35+ stat overall.

GLOVES SLOT
    Starter: a low attack (4-8 attack) work glove or yellow marker
    Mid tier and Bossing: a mid-ranged (10-12 attack) work glove or yellow marker
    Endgame: a stronger (14+ attack) work glove or yellow marker

Explanation:
    Your next investment should be any color attack work glove or yellow marker.

Why not a warrior glove? The base stat on them is negligible, they have a niche market resale value, and they are not readily available. The two most commonly scrolled gloves are yellow markers and brown work gloves, which both are a common equip with 7 slots clean. Find a failed WG to start off with, and slowly scale up as you level. A 10 attack WG is a ML staple and offers a good trade off of attack to meso.

Once you try to scale up past 10, the attack per meso ratio jumps exponentially.

SHOES SLOT
    Starter: slime shoes, or a red snow shoe scrolled for avoid/accuracy
    Mid tier and Bossing: a high accuracy shoe, or a scrolled boot for jump/dex
    Endgame: facestompers, a 12+ dex common shoe, a 10+dex green crescent, or a 15+ stat scrolled timeless Grabbe.

Explanation:
    Shoes can generally go one of two ways: scrolled for jump aka the expensive route or scrolled for avoid aka the cheap route. Avoid scrolls add accuracy but not dex and the scrolls are very, very cheap. Jump scrolls add dex and the scrolls are 10x more expensive.

I personally used an avoid red snow shoe (7 slot from el nath vendor) until I could equip crescent shoes (level 100 warrior shoe with up to 8 base stat) which I scrolled for jump. You can also just do kpq for slime shoes, which also have str/dex, and 1-2 INT for any washing.

Some people prefer to get common shoes scrolled for dex/jump, which have more resale value but less stat. Crescent shoes come with wdef, str/dex, and accuracy. The choice is yours. The true endgame shoe for most people would facestompers, which have a level requirement of 150 and are only dropped from Pink Bean. The pay off for an attack shoe versus a 10-15 dex shoe, which could trade off as 10-15 base strength, hits turning point depending on the final attack of the show. Because the range formula is an ever-changing combination of str and attack and not a static, exact number, one or the other may be better.

EAR SLOT
    Starter: EPQ earrings, nothing, or someone's failed dex experiment
    Midrange and Bossing: 6+ dex earring
    Endgame: 10+ dex earring

Explanation:
    As soon as you can afford one, get a pair of dex earrings. They are not cheap, as a majority of classes use dex earrings so there is a very high demand for them. You can do EPQ for altaire/glittering altaire earrings if PQing is your cup of tea. Those come with up to +3 of all base stats.

The type of earring doesn't matter. Your endgame goal is 10+ dex earrings. After 10 dex, earring prices also shoot up exponentially, and the price per dex is rarely worth it unless you have finished other slots.

CAPE SLOT
    Starter: dex scrolled ragged cape or a ragged black cape
    Midtier: a lower (2-3) attack cape
    Bossing: a (3-5) blackfist cloak or (3-4) mid-ranged cape
    Endgame: a (8+) higher attack cape

Explanation:
    Starting off capes are a little rough. There is the black raggedy cape, which is 1-2 weapon attack 0 slot cape. At lower level, you will probably benefit more from a 8+ dex cape than a 1-2 attack cape. The dex will raise your minimum attack range and provide more accuracy, and with your strength so low, the attack isn't really potent at this level.

The main form of attack capes manifest as Pink Adventurer Capes (level 50) and Pink Gaia Capes (level 65). a PAC is 1~3 base attack. a PGC is 2~4 base attack.

Once you get leveled and 3rd and early 4th job, it's a good time to revisit the idea of an attack cape. You can buy a 1-3 attack cape very cheap on the market. Some people will scroll them for dex, which could help your leveling progression but ruins resale value. If you don't need the dex, I would never scroll a 3+ attack cape for anything other than attack using chaos scrolls.

At midtier, you can pick up either attack cape or a BFC (blackfist cloak) from cwkpq. The BFC is heavy RNG, untradeable so it has no resale value, and you are going to have to get a solid CWKPQ crew together on a regular basis. Endgame is a straight up chaos'd cape. The more attack the better.

FACE ACCESS SLOT
    Starter: ???
    Midtier: Clean sad mask
    Bossing: 4+ dex sad mask
    Endgame: 7+ dex sad mask

Explanation:
    Aside from event equips, a sad mask scrolled for avoid/dex is going to be your best in slot, always. Sad masks are available at level 25 for equipping, but come from CWKPQ and are not cheap. Sad masks come with 9~11 accuracy and 7 slots. Each 60/70% avoid scroll gives +1 dex.

This is not an item that's prioritized at lower level, but can be moved up the list if you really need the accuracy. When you can afford a clean one, get it. I wouldn't invest in dark scrolling them until you have disposable income.

EYE ACCESS SLOT
    Starter: LPQ glasses or ???
    Midtier: 7+ accuracy white raccoon mask
    Bossing: 12+ accuracy white raccoon mask
    Endgame: chaos'd spectrum googles or white raccoon mask with dex/accuracy

Explanation:
    LPQ offers a hell of a slog for glasses that have 0~2 base slot on them. A white raccoon mask offers 1~3 base accuracy, which tops out at 1 point higher than a regular raccoon mask. The face access slot is a better purchase than this mask, and should be bought first.

The issue with eye slots is that the only available scrolls are INT or accuracy. Accuracy scrolls grain a measly 1 dex with a 30%, and no dex with 60/70s. Out of all of the equip slots, I'd rate the eye accessory slot as least important. You can scoop up a clean mask whenever you get around to it. Most people just 100% this for accuracy.

Endgame you have the option of throwing mesos into 30s and praying, settling on a 12-14 accuracy mask, or buying chaos'd specs. I would caution against the specs due to the ridiculous price increase once chaos start landing, and having to fight with every other class who prioritizes stat over accuracy (pirates, thieves, archers, basically anyone but you and mages). The stat gain off of clean specs is not worth it.

RING SLOTS
    Only options: Ellin Ring, MB ring, event rings.

Explanation:
    On ML, there are only two permanent rings that give any real stat, your monster book ring and the Ellin ring.

Make sure you do your Ellin ring quest. The questline pops up at level 45 and will take you to the top of Helios tower in Ludibrium. It's +1 all stat and 100 hp/mp. It is stupid to not get this, point blank. There are biannual event rings that pop up as well that can be farmed, but always expire.

PENDANT SLOT
    Starter: Warm Muffler
    Midtier: Deputy Star
    Bossing: Mark of Naricain
    Endgame: Chaos'd MoN and Horntail Pendant

Explanation:

An old winter event introduced the Warm Muffler into the game. This is a level 30 pendant equip with 1~3 in all slots, and some WDEF and MDEF. Finding a 2~3 Str/Dex one of these isnt' too hard, and the Int will help with washing.

A deputy star will cost you a decent chunk of meso. It is helpful for washing with a general +5 of all stat, but if you are okay with waiting, find someone to get you a Bigfoot toe at level 80 and just use the NLC quests to get your own. I might regret posting this in a guide, but anyone is free to message me if you ever need a Jack o' Lantern from Headless Horseman or a BF toe for a deputy star free of charge if you find the spawn.

At level 90, you can sign up for CWKPQ. You are effectively useless, but you can sign. Bossing levels for CWKPQ start at 125 for most classes (this is when you start to get shared EXP) but you will need to be carried by guild members or friends, as you are not a real attacker at 125. You can also buy MoN service from an established group if you have the meso at level 90. A MoN comes with 2~5 base attack (the library is wrong, 5 is maximum attack), 4~6 all base stats, and some HP/MP. At mid range, this is your best in slot.

Endgame pendant is a chaos'd MoN and/or HT pendant. When i said chaos'd MoN, I am talking about a 8~10 attack MoN. If you are equipping a weapon with base dex, or if you have shitty luck chaosing MoNs (like me), consider a Horntail Pendant. HTP, after the egg is used, have 21~23 base stats, weapon and magic defense, and avoid. At progressive levels in the game (15x-17x) HTP is going to give you almost the same range as an unchaosed 5 att MoN, and give you a dex gain of anywhere from 15 to 21 dex, depending on the stats of your pendants. If you are trying to equip a ST or a NT grave, this may help tide you over while you progress your other dex equips. Everything is trade off after all.

A lot of people do HTP + grave, and MoN + non-dex weapon depending on if SI is available. Make the best call for your gameplay.

Alright, let's talk weapons. Anyone who knows me knows I am incredibly biased to BW, but we are going to talk pros and cons of everything.

SPEED

Before we talk about weapons, we need to talk about weapon speed. You will see speed names/numbers detailed in the guide below. In this version of ML, Speed is arguably more important than anything else in endgame comparison.
    Slower weapons with higher attack may be more useful during your mid-tier bossing levels, but when you get to endgame you'll learn one thing.

Speed is King.

How important? Let's bring in the numbers.

On a dummy, with the same exact buffs (booster, fire charge, coke zero pill) I tested two weapons with a 16 watt shield

The top result (4,259,426) was with a 10 str 137 att crushed skill [normal 6]
    The bottom result (4,187,491) was with a clean 1 str 106 att flairgrave [fast 4]

[​IMG]

Shout to nicorobin for breaking up my dpm checks for a cleaner look.

That puts the damage difference, with BWs, at 71,935 DPM, with the skull just barely eking out a victory, with 21 attack difference. That is absolutely insane.

On a recent test with a 10str/125 attack grave, it was outperforming my 10str/137 crushed skull by 500k DPM. In a one hour fight, that's an extra 30M damage.

I forgot to take a screen shot due to the pure shock of the speed meta.

Does your party have SI? Buccs are around at a lot of endgame content and are common in ML. SI levels the playing field for all normal [6] weapons.

2H SWORD:

The current buffless (i.e. no outside party buffs) meta favors the Stonetooth Sword - A level 100 2H Sword with Fast [5] attack, 101 average clean weapon attack and a 120 dex requirement. ST are strong contenders but can be vastly overpriced due to the rare nature of actually finding one, the fact that Paladins and Heroes both use them, and RNG.

A cheaper option to the ST is a Dragon Claymore - A level 110 2H sword with Normal [6] attack, 105 average clean weapon attack and a 0 dex requirement.

A third, less talked about option is a 2H Sword speargrave/flairgrave (further referred to as "grave" in this guide). It is a 2H sword with Normal [6] attack, 103~113 clean weapon attack and a 0dex requirement. This sword is a better, rarer, more expensive claymore. It boasts a higher attack than a Claymore, but is still Normal [6] speed, so for it to be considered a higher DPM weapon you have to have SI.

Finally, your best in slot is going to be Reverse/Timeless weapons, which are both normal [6]. The Reverse Nibleheim (awful name btw) is 108~112 attack. The Timeless Nibleheim is 110~114, but that is a Pink Bean exclusive. This attack base might see janky compared to a grave, but you have to remember that Pink Bean weapons level up three/five times. Each level has the chance of adding 0~2 attack.

ML highly rewards "faster" weapons in the current meta, which is what makes the ST so powerful, but that does not mean it is the be all end all of all weapons. A paladin's DPM can be changed at the drop of a dime depending on a ton of things, including SI (Speed Infusion), a 4th job Buccaneer skill that makes speed 5-6 weapons with higher attack superior.

1H SWORD+SHIELD:

With any 1H weapon, an attack shield is necessary. We could get into damage multipliers and technical talk but know this: if you have a 105 attack 1h weapon with no attack shield you are going to do significantly less damage than someone with a 105 attack 2h weapon. At this time, 2H sword seems to be much stronger and the preferred meta due to sword and 2H weapon multipler. If you want to be a rebel, though, let's talk 1H sword.

The 1H grave is a viable option. The grave is a 1H sword with Fast [4] speed, 100 average base attack and a 125 dex requirement. The grave is expensive, especially if you want a 120+ attack weapon. Godspeed in finding one, soldier.

Another option is the Red Katana - a 1H sword with Fast [4] speed, 83 average base attack and a 0 dex requirement. The RK was really the only 1H Paladin sword until the grave. You would need a RK scrolled to 100+ attack to be viable in endgame. Unfortunately, the flairgrave destroys the RK meta with a higher base attack than most scrolled ones. This is an option if you for some reason have low funding but a good (14+ attack) shield.

I will mention the Timeless/Reverse Executioners (also a dumb name, why is there an 's' at the end) just because they exist. Both are fast [5], which feels pointless. People do not regularly use Dragon Carabellas for a reason, and these swords will suffer much more than their fast [4] counterparts despite the high base attack unless you have SI every single run. If you're going to use a fast [5] sword, most people just use a ST. The money you would spend on a shield + carabella scrolled high enough to out-DPM a ST is.... a lot. The choice is always yours.

1H BW:

Welcome to the best weapon section!!! Hello Hammer Brothers. Let us talk about our righteous hammer icons:

Crushed Skull - 1H BW 115 average base attack, 13 average base accuracy, normal [6] and 0 dex requirement

A max attack clean (120) skull still sells for a fraction of the price of its sword counterparts and offers a much higher base attack, beautiful aesthetic, and the power to frighten your enemies as they watch you bash in the faces of their comrades with a skull attached to a stick. A crushed skull should be used with a good shield, same as described in the 1H sword section.

Grave - 1H BW 103 average base attack, fast [4] and 125 dex requirement. This is your go-to option when there is no SI available. They are craftable and sell for a fraction of their sword counterparts. Every 1H BW Pally should have one on the back burner.

The Reverse/Timeless BWs have been buffed, so we will now talk about them. Please note that any reverse/timeless weapons that popped into existence before the buff did not get fixed, so they are useless. There were very few, if any, PB BWs that dropped post-buff and pre-PB shut down.

The Timeless Allargando (who named these things dude) was buffed from library stats, so the base attack for both of them is actually 10 higher than listed. So the timeless (118-122) and the reverse (116-120) can now directly compete with the crushed skull. With level ups, the base damage can now pass a crushed skull before scrolls hit, which is nice. What is not nice is the price variance. Perfect stat crushed skulls have been hovering around 30-35m or 10-11 coins (02/2024). The crafting material costs for a timeless are more than 10x that, and realistically a waste of resources. That means the only reasonable way to get these weapons is trolling the FM after PB runs.

Despite not looking as cool as the skull, the 1H BW grave is the best in slot for BW Paladins when there is not SI. Much like the argument between a Dragon Claymore and a Stonetooth, the speed of the grave demolishes any additional attack garnered by the crushed skull unless you have an absolute god tier crushed skull or timeless weapon.

2H BW:

There is no real data on 2H BW meta, but if you want to be a trendsetter, the only answer I can think of is The Morningstar - 2H BW 92 average base attack normal [6] speed 0 dex requirement. This is the only endgame BW I can find that isn't slower than molasses and would be the equivalent of using a RK instead of a flairgrave. I haven't tested this meta out, but your Morningstar would need to be 110+ attack. I do not recommend this to anyone who does not hate themselves.

The Reverse/Timeless Bellocce is slow [7] and therefore useless to Paladins.

You guys can check out user wanpi12456's Paladin DPM guide for side by side comparisons. A lot of work was put into the guide and it has good theoretical data.

Just be careful guys. DPM guides are nice, but they are showing you a screenshot of extremely expensive gear that is not realistic to most players in a controlled setting. These calculations do not account for support skills or other boss mechanics, such as guardian, that boost damage mitigation and may offer more in some fights and less in others. They are a good reference point, but do not take them as Paladin law. Play what you want to play, how you want to play. Don't let the lines on a graph tell you how to play your character. If you wanted to be a big dick DPM monster, you wouldn't have rolled Paladin anyways.

Skills To Pay The Bills | SP Points

HP Recovery [5]
    Improved Max HP [10 - MAX]
    Power Strike [5]
    [Slash Blast 20 - Max]
    Power Strike [20 - Max]

The first goal is always to get Improved Max HP maxed. After that your attack skills in any order you prefer. I find it easiest to get maxed SB first and then finish off Power Strike, but it doesn't matter. Your final AP can go into whatever you want.

Mastery Sword/BW [10]
    Booster Sword/Mastery [10]
    Mastery Sword/BW [20 - Maxed]
    Power Guard [30 - Maxed]
    Booster [20 - Maxed]
    Threaten [20 - Maxed]

DO. NOT. EVER. PUT. ANYTHING. INTO. FINAL ATTACK.

In this version of Maple, Final Attack is the kiss of death. The animation will ruin your DPM and is clunky and destroys mobility. Don't touch it. If you are planning on going hybrid, you can max mastery/booster of your second weapon. Threaten is a small, but useful skill that lowers the enemy's weapon attack and weapon defense for sixty seconds. This may seem like a hassle to recast, but on bosses with multiple limbs (HT, Zak, etc) or bosses with high weapon defense (Verga 1st/2nd body) it can help speed up the kill. After you're done with the above skills, you'll probably have enough points to put into mastery/booster of the weapon you aren't using. I don't care what you do with the AP as long as it isn't final attack.

HYBRID BUILD FINAL SP
    Fire Charge Weapon1 [ 30 - Max]
    Fire Charge Weapon2 [ 30 - Max]
    Lightning Charge Weapon1 [ 30 - Max]
    Charged Blow [ 30 - Max]
    Improving MP Recovery [20 - max]
    IF SHIELD: Shield Mastery [11] or Freestyle

From here on out, if you are using a shield you should invest in Shield Mastery. If you want all charges, get Ice charge as well. Ice charge is pretty garbage and the bosses that you need to use it against can be fit on the head of a thimble. The low damage multiplier makes ice garbage, despite the frozen status effect it applies.

In regards to Improving MP Recovery in both builds:

If you plan to run Horntail or Pink Bean, max improving MP recovery. If you don't, then there is little use of this skill. There is a very specific, meme-y meta revolving around mana burn attacks (boss casted attacks that attack your MP bar instead of your HP) that hit while you are seduced. The idea is, if you are seduced and mana burned down to 0 MP, the proc from maxed improved MP recovery is 30 mp, which is the same cost as Hero's Will. It has saved lives before, but is incredibly luck and meme based.

SINGLE WEAPON BUILD FINAL SP

Fire Charge [30 - Max]
    Lightning Charge [30 - Max]
    Charged Blow [30 - Max]
    Ice Charge [30 - Max]
    Improving MP Recovery [20 - max]
    IF SHIELD: Shield Mastery [11] or Freestyle

The moral of the story is simple. Get fire charge first. Get lightning charge and CB maxed by 4th job. Everything else is optional.

Note by user: Annolis
    I'm going to suggest an alternative route in the 3rd Job build. I believe you undervalue the Ice Charge. For those who want to conserve pots and/or fear dying too easily against heavier monsters (especially if you are a quester and want to accomplish some quests that require very difficult mobs to kill) then the Ice Charge is very handy. Freezing mobs in place ensures better survivability and keeps HP pot usage down. This is certainly not for everyone - especially the more common way I've seen people play this game which is some sort of "I have to reach level 1xx as fast as I possibly can and I don't care what I'm missing along the way."​

100% correct in the fact that I do undervalue ice charge. It has it's merits for training and can definitely be maxed out without issue by anyone. Spend your SP there if this training style suits you better!

Welcome to Paladin, Paladin.

I am going to put every 4th job skill on a tier instead of giving y'all a step by step, do this at this level. Why? Because there is no consensus. Every person has a different opinion on what skills you should max first and there is no right answer.

Each skill will get a training rank and a bossing rank, which will correlate with it's score in said category.

S-Rank -- This is the ultimate Paladin skill; Other people say "OP pls nerf"
    A-Rank -- Greatness but not godliness; a highlight of Paladin power
    B-Rank -- Above average integrity; a class staple
    C-Rank - It's aiight; This skill exists, so there is that.
    D-Rank -- But y tho?; actual garbage, pls buff

Skills are listed alphabetically

Achilles (max 30)
    Bossing Rank: A
    Training Rank: B

Achilles is a flat damage reduction of 15% from all incoming damage. Unlike power guard, Achilles negates all incoming damage by 15% including 1/1s. That means a 1/1 is actually a 15%ofyourHP/1, which can be the difference between life and death in some bosses. As a training tool, Achilles will save you potion money and is generally just a Good (tm) skill to have, but isn't anything super special and belongs to all Warriors.

Advanced Charged Blow (max 10)
    Bossing Rank: C

Advanced Charge Blow is a passive skill that boosts Charged Blow from third job. It's main function is allowing you to keep your weapon charge intact when using charged blow, and it also provides a damage boost. As a 'cleave' skill in bossing, ACB is painful compared to other cleave skills. It does 350% on up six targets, which sounds great on paper until you realize it's range is actually laughable. There are no bosses where you can use ACB on more than three targets with it's range, except half the ten minute Jiaoceng fight, which means it has to compete with DRK and Hero abilities which do almost double it's damage. As a training skill, ACB exists, which is good. It will be your main mobbing skill in between Heaven's Hammer pushes and has a stun effect which saves you meso. It's a quick 10 SP that you can squeeze in somewhere.

Blast (max 30)
    Bossing Rank: S
    Training Rank: C

Blast is a single target attack that does 600% damage at max level. This is your bossing skill, point blank. As single target attackers, Paladins rely on blast for their average single target damage as the 'best of the warriors'. There is no bossing without blast. You don't really use it in training unless you are cleaning up a mob and one happened to be left over.

Divine/Holy Charge (max 20)

Divine/Holy Charge, furthermore referred to as DC, are the BW and Sword 4th job weapon charges. At level 20, Divine Charge gives a 185% damage buff, making it the most powerful buff in the game. So why is the ranking so low for both categories? DC uses 20 fourth job SP for a measly 10% damage gain. Buffing DC was an attempt of balance after severe nerfs done by the balance team to prevent muling, which is fine. It does do more damage.

There are no major holy weak bosses; the main area this skill shines is when the boss you are fighting has no elemental weaknesses. The damage gain is negligible for most characters, with the exception of OP gear Paladin Gods.

However the SP it costs only make it worth it if you plan on training at Skeles. Skeles are obviously holy weak and a viable spot if you can actually find a map and a partner. Gallos are also holy weak, and an okay place to farm scrolls, but by the time you get DC, their EPH will not be high enough.

Guardian (max 30)
    ONE-HANDED ONLY
    Bossing Rank: B
    Training Rank: D

Guardian is a skill that can only be used by one-handed weapon uses with a shield. If you never plan to use 1H gameplay, skip the skill. If you do play, 1H, this is a skill to look into. Guardian is a defense-utility skill that has a chance to straight up block skills. At level 30, it is a now a 20% chance (up from 15% with the 12/20 balance change). Like Shadow Shifter, this block happens independently of the character's base avoid, which means two things. One, any attack in the game can be blocked by guardian, regardless of your avoid and the monster's attack. Two, if Guardian does not activate, you still get a 'miss' chance for the attack.

Guardian is a gorgeous skill that provides survivability and quality of life in bossing. Blocked attacks will stun smaller bosses that aren't fixed in place and slide them away from you. Blocked attacks will deal no damage, and will not put a status effect on you since the attack was blocked. This is super useful in bosses like Verga, who have seduce/stun ability based on if the attack hits. No so much in Horntail, where the seduce isn't a physical attack, but a status effect. Less hits also means less chance for your stance to fail, less potions used, and less missed frames from the knockback effect of being hit. Guardian offers less overall durability than Achilles, which puts it at a B rank, and is based on RNG. In training, there is little use for guardian. It will save some potions, but it really doesn't help much.

Heaven's Hammer (max 30)
    Training Rank: S

Heaven's Hammer is a map-wide attack that deals a fixed amount to mobs within range. Even with bringing HH's cooldown up and bossing damage down, HH is still an important class skill. It can hit the entire field of view and can be used during weapon cancels on bosses for 50k of memes. Training with HH at meta maps will yield far better results than not using it, point blank. It is the best paladin training skill. The only reason HH is ranked at C instead of D for bossing is CWKPQ, Zakum arms, and bosses that summon flying mobs in NT. If CWKPQ as cleave, the short animation is a burst 150k in between spamming ACB. At Zakum, you get to spread damage all across arms and help take them down faster.

The main thing to realize about HH is that it is useless if it is not maxed. Each level of HH does not do more damage, but it does lower the cool down drastically. I recommend maxing it early, while the EXP is still easy to come by and you don't want to cry when Zakum runs give you 3% exp.

Hero's Will (max 5)
    Bossing Rank: A - HT/PB, D - All other bosses
    Training Rank: D

Hero's Will uses MP to escape abnormal conditions. There is no use for this in training. For bossing, this is the only way to get out of the Seduce status effect inflicted by Horntail. Most people will not let you HT with them unless you have one point here.

Maple Warrior (max 30)

Maple Warrior is a flat % boost to all of your base skills. It does not effect any stat gained by equipment. Maple Warrior 20 is the current server staple, but there is MW 30 with Pink Bean's release. Maple Warrior is that skill someone needs to have, but that someone necessarily doesn't have to be you. It is a sturdy and solid skill that exists and is offered to every class. As a Paladin, it is not a priority to get over your other skills, but can offer increased damage for you and your party. MW 20 is currently the most expensive common place book on the server, and it is not easy to save up for. Consider who you are bossing with and if someone else will be able to provide MW20 before investing in it. There are better place to spend your skill points <170.

Monster Magnet (max 30)

Monster Magnet pulls monsters closer to you. It was buffed to work on mobile bosses in 2021. Truthfully in bossing it is kind of meme. In certain bosses, it can be used to reposition off the wall or grab flying mobs to you. The only reason this got a C in training is for it's meme potential. If Paladins had an excess of SP in 4th job, Monster Magnet could have more of a meta, but the skills you would have to sacrifice to get it isn't worth it. Some people have talked about a new meta of using MM to pull everything in for HH/Gene, but the range/time to charge of MM isn't good enough for that to be consistent and realistic.

Power Stance (max 30)
    Bossing Rank: A

Power Stance is the warrior holy mecca. This skill is an activated ability that prevents physical knockback from all damage sources. At level 30, this skill is a 90% chance to avoid a KB. Power Stance is vital to bossing warriors, who get thrown around like a rag doll in big fights due to their lack of avoid. Your DPM will increase, your survivability will increase, everything good in your life will increase with stance. You will use it always and be annoyed when it wears off and you're on your mount trying to climb somewhere. Stance gets a high training ranking for sheer quality of life increases. You will hate playing a class without stance once you get stance.

One thing to note is that stance doesn't really become useful until you have at least 21 skill points invested in it. Before that, it is not reliable.

Rush (max 30)
    Training Rank: A

Rush pushes up to ten monsters forward, dealing damage at the same time. Rush is your yeet skill. It is the easiest way to push monsters together and reposition moveable bosses to where they need to go. The key to rush is very simple. Put one point into it at level 120. Never put a point into it again. Rush is a one point wonder that increases quality of life for 1 simple skill point. Get rush. Use rush. Rush rush.

One more thing to note is that Rush is the best finisher for HH'd mobs with 1 HP left. I use it more in training than ACB half of the time.

Still unhappy? Want me to tell you what to do? I can only share my own progression, which was done in a time before HH nerfs, before DC buff, and before changes. It is more suitable for Paladins that prefer bossing.

This was my 1H Paladin build that I used in from 05-2019 to 11-2020. Check the bossing section for more skill meta in specific bosses.

Rush [1]
    Heaven's Hammer [30 - Max]
    Blast [10 - Max]
    Stance [21]
    Blast [30- Max]
    Advanced Charge Blow [10 - Max]
    Hero's Will [1]
    Stance [30 - Max]
    Achilles [30 - Max]
    Maple Warrior [9]
    Guardian [30 - Max]
    Maple Warrior [20]
    Divine Charge [20] (when I leveled up, it was before the divine charge buff)
    Monster Magnet [28]

This section is provided by MeatSlam 100% in 2021 and not by me.

1-35: Follow one of the many guides in the guide section that make these levels relatively easy
    35-50ish: Teddys/LPQ (I'm not sure the exactly the best spot to train here as I mainly did LPQ)

From here on I'll give you an exact guide for the best exp/hour if you want to just grind (even if you were getting leeched these spots are almost comparable).
    I'd recommend scrolling a dex glove to bridge the accuracy gap for certain levels where you wouldn't be able to hit without it (depends on your base dex. I was able to afford a Z-Helm at around level 50 unfunded)

50ish Truckers: As soon as you can hit Truckers go there. Really good spawn and drop alot of etcs that help you recover potion costs.

55ish-70ish Forest of Golems: The new buffed forest of golems is just as good if not better than Ghost Ship for a warrior (and better drops). Use the FM button to go to the top of the map, clear every platform then repeat. Partying with other people here is usually comparable to solo depending on class.

Between the late 60s and early 70s there isn't really a new spot to go until you get fire charge leveled up so you can either stay at Golems or PPQ.

70ish-late 90ish Dual Ghost Pirates: As soon as you can 100% hit Dual Ghost Pirates go there. The map is very very very good for WKs now, fire weak and amazing spawn. Easily better then every other map available for a large chunk of 3rd job.

A few tips for the map: Get your mount if it wasn't obvious. Once again use the FM button to go to the top of the map after clearing every platform. I ignored the very top platform entirely as it only spawns 3 mobs maximum and didn't seem to effect the overall spawn of the map that much. At the bottom use slash blast to round up every mob before killing - its usually faster. DPG have a magic attack that can be annoying but as long as you are somewhat close to them they will walk towards you. You'll get the hang of it after a few levels.

90ish-105ish: Grim Phantom Watches: Once you are somewhat strong and can 100% hit them go to Grims. This buffed map might not seem the best but there is a certain secret that makes it very good. Ignore the entire map except for the very bottom and the 1 platform above the bottom. They buffed the spawn so much near the bottom you don't need to go anywhere else. There are constant packs of 3-6 grims at pretty much all times once you get a rotation down.
    Side note: CDs can also be good at this level but the map is very crowded and Grims are comparable if not better.

105ish-123: Himes: At a certain point you get strong enough that Himes is better than Grims. I can't really tell you when that point is so you will have to test the epm every few levels. These levels get fairly slow as you approach 4th job so buy some leech (you should have extra money) if needed.

I am currently level 125 and just as a quick aside want to say you don't have to follow this advice if you have a mage to leech from:

You should max ACB first if you are unfunded. Levels 123-131 will be beyond hell without it. If you are buying leech these levels probably will cost you 150m+ if not more. You delay HH by a few levels in exchange for increasing your damage output by 3x. ACB is also very pot efficient as it perma stuns any mob you fight so it's easy to make money.

123+: I'm still experimenting where the best spot is before HH but so far the best spot I have found is Road of Regrets 4/5 (Chief Qualm Guardian). You will likely average anywhere from 14-18m EPH depending on your gear. Which isn't bad for a non-leeching option that makes you money. You can buy Shaolin leech at lvl 125+ if you ever get too bored and get lucky with drops.

An interlude from someone less holy than MeatJesus

Post 123+ is a hard place to be. I recommend farming Headless Horsemen from Phantom Forest while you're 12x. Before HH is maxed, the best places for 123+ will be where you trained from 120-123. Temple of Time has some okay spots, but training before HH sucks.

I still stand by maxing HH ASAP. If the other smart play is maxing ACB right away, grinding to 130, and then reseting the ACB AP to HH.

Once you break past 150+, You can 7F like every other warrior, it just sucks. ACB range isn't good for the platforms and you will have to jump and move significantly more than other 7F classes.

You can test out multiple other places, such as crimson guardians at CWK, Oblivion 4 at ToT, Skeles, etc. The biggest obstacle you will find is this: you train better and more efficiently with a mage, or in a party. Paladins do not have a way to finish what HH starts in a timely manner that doesnt cut into EPH gains.

The alternate grind is bossing. Maxing blast early, going Bigfoot and HH hunting, doing daily Ravana/Pap/Zak/etc.

The shortlist:

Use Holy: Griffey, Levi, Ravana, Pap, Samu, Anego, Dodo, Zak, Krex, Lyka, JC, HT, Dunas, Verga B3, CWK warrior no other cleave bosses alive, CWK pirate, Dunas2

Use Fire: BF, Pianus, CWK cleave 2+ alive, Scar, Verga B2, Core Blaze

Use Lightning: HH, Crow, Targa, Nib, Verga B1, Nameless, Lily, PB, Aufheben

Use Ice: Manon, CWK thief only cleave alive

Just Cry: CWK mage, Ariel

The cheatsheet:

Please note, if you don't have holy charge you can sub in fire charge unless otherwise noted.

You can gain shared EXP if you are within five (5) levels of the boss. If the charge has a (w) next to it, the monster is weak to that element and will take additional damage. If a charge has (s), DO NOT USE THIS CHARGE. The monster is strong against it or completely immune.

Headless Horseman LEV 101: Lightning Charge (w)
    Griffey LEV 105: Holy Charge, Lightning Charge (s)
    Manon LEV 105: Ice Charge(w), Fire Charge (s)
    Bigfoot LEV 110: Fire Charge (w)
    Pianus R/L LEV 110: Fire Charge (w)
    Black Crow LEV 115: Lightning Charge (w)
    Kacchuu Musha (Samurai) LEV 120: Holy Charge (w), Lightning Charge (w), Fire Charge (s)
    Leviathan LEV 120: Holy Charge, Lightning Charge, Fire Charge (s), Ice Charge (s)
    Ravana LEV 120: Holy Charge
    Dodo LEV 121: Holy Charge, Fire Charge (s), Lightning Charge (s) Ice Charge (s)
    Papulatus LEV 125: Holy Charge
    Female Boss (Anego) LEV 130: Holy Charge (w), Lightning Charge (w)
    CWKPQ Heron (pirate) LEV 130: Holy Charge
    CWKPQ Hsalf (thief) LEV 130: Ice (w), Holy Charge (s)
    CWKPQ Margana (mage) CWKPQ LEV 130: Margana is strong to L/F/I/H
    CWKPQ Rellik (archer) CWKPQ LEV 130: Fire Charge (w), Holy Charge (s)
    CWKPQ Red Nirg (warrior) LEV 130: Holy Charge - ONLY IF SINGLE TARGET, Fire Charge
    Lilynouch LEV 131: Lightning Charge (w), Ice Charge (s)
    Krexel LEV 140: Holy Charge, -- EYE 1 ONLY: Ice Charge (w), Fire Charge (s)
    Scarlion LEV 140*: Fire Charge (w), Lightning Charge (s), Ice Charge (s)
    Targa LEV 140*: Ice Charge(w), Fire Charge (s)
    Zakum LEV 140: Holy Charge unless dealing with elemental weak arm
    Lyka LEV 141: Holy Charge, Lightning Charge, Fire Charge (s)
    Jiaoceng (JC) LEV 150: Holy Charge
    Horntail LEV 160: Holy Charge
    Nibergen B1/B2/B3 LEV 168: Lightning Charge (w), Ice Charge(w), Fire Charge (s)
    Vergamot B1 LEV 168: B1 Lightning Charge (w), Fire Charge (s)
    Vergamot B2 LEV 168: Fire Charge (w), Lightning Charge (s), Ice Charge (s)
    Vergamot B3 LEV 168: Holy Charge
    Dunas LEV 174: Holy Charge
    Dunas2 LEV 176: Holy Charge
    Dunas2 Unit LEV 174: Lightning (w)
    Nameless Magic Monster LEV 174: Lightning Charge (w), Ice Charge (s)
    Core Blaze LEV 178: Fire Charge (w), Lightning Charge (w)
    PB Statue Ariel LEV 180 Ariel is strong to L/F/I/H
    PB Statue Rex The Wise LEV 180: Holy Charge
    PB Statue Solomon The Wise LEV 180: Holy Charge
    PB Statue Huigin (left bird) LEV 180: Ice Charge(w), Fire Charge (s)
    PB Statue Munin (right bird) LEV 180: Fire Charge (w), Ice Charge (s)
    Pink Bean LEV 180: Lightning Charge, Fire Charge (s), Holy Charge (s), Ice Charge (s)

*Body 1 (80) and 2 (100) are actually lower levels. Only Body 3 is 140

Let's talk about bossing. The plan for this section is going over the basic skills that you need to be viable. "Viable" refers to you being able to put out enough damage that you aren't being 100% carried by your team.

Zakum
    Level Requirement: 135 for shared exp, 140 for 100% damage.
    HP: 10k to tank body hits (before achilles), 3k for ranged attacks.
    Skills needed: Heaven's Hammer (Maxed), Blast (Maxed)
    Optional helpful skills: Stance (level 21+), Achilles (any level), ACB (level 10)
    Meta:
    Attack one of the bottom arms while placing yourself in the center of the body so that your HH hits every arm. Switch to other bottom arm once it's dead. From there it depends on what arms are left, if you have cleavers, and what your party can hit. Blast can hit the top right arm. Friendly reminder: Arm #4 near the top right is fire weak. Arm #3 on the left side is ice weak, fire strong. Those are the only two arms with elemental properties.

Once you are on the body, there are two schools of thought.

Tactic #1 (T#1)is what I prefer and what offers the most DPM, but may also use your potions. You are going to want to tank touch hits closest to the end of the platform on the side your party is attacking on, so your bishop's heal will reach you. This is where stance will really up your DPM. Without it, you are going to be tossed around like a gator in a tornado. Tanking body will provide additional DPM via PG, but most importantly you will not be affected by pillar stuns or 1/1 attacks. Blast on the main body, HH whenever he is weapon cancelled. ACB is only really helpful when cleaning up the mobs.

Tactic #2 (T#2) is the DRK mimic. You stand within melee range but do not tank body hits, similar to how a DRK does to zerk. When a pillar marker is where you are, rush into the body to tank a touch hit instead. This might save you more potions early on (13x to early 14x range) but requires you to reposition a lot, pay more attention to animations, and is generally a hassle. You will do less DPM, it will be annoying, and you will still manage to get stuns. I'd also argue that the potting you have to do for a 1/1 at 20k+ HP is more wasteful than tanking 6k hits unless you are very unwashed.

upload_2021-5-8_19-45-23.png

CWKPQ
    Level Requirement: 125 for shared exp, 130 for 100% damage.
    HP: 9k to tank buffed attack up Red Nirg hits.
    Accuracy requirement: around 205 at level 130 to be able to 100% hit all bosses.
    Skills needed: Heaven's Hammer (maxed), ACB (maxed), Blast (level 10+)
    Optional helpful skills: Stance (level 21+), Achilles (any level),
    Meta:
    You will be in the cleave party which includes three bosses: The Archer, The Warrior, and the Thief. Your main meta is very simple. Rush all the bosses to the right. Stand on top of said bosses. Use ACB until HH is off cool down. Then HH. Rinse, repeat.

Red Nirg (warrior - green bar) ele neutral
    Hsalf (thief - blue bar) ice weak
    Rellik (archer - yellow bar) fire weak

Use fire charge while all three bosses are alive. Your multipliers are better, as the ice weak boss is not strong to fire. Rellik will die first, as your heroes/drks/shadowers are distributing even damage, and you are dealing extra elementally boosted to Rellik/archer. While warrior/thief are alive, use fire or holy charge. The minimal damage you would gain by switching to ice charge for the thief, is negated by the 50% loss on the warrior. Switch to ice charge when Hsalf/thief is the last one alive. He will be, because he sucks and has iframes and does a stupid jump attack. If, by some chance, only the warrior is left alive, you can holy charge.

Why stand on the bodies? The archer delivers a stun and can 1/1. The warrior does a huge KB that can send you flying back to the statue, and then you'll get stun-locked and smashed back into oblivion until you have stance. Stance is a godsend for CWKPQ. Achilles helps a lot for damage mitigation. Since you're in cleave party, you won't be using blast until the very, very end.

Horntail (HT)
    Level Requirement: 155 for shared exp, 160 for 100% damage.
    HP: 13k to tank legs physical damage
    Skills needed: HH (maxed), Blast (maxed), Hero's Will (1+), Stance (maxed)
    Optional helpful skills: Achilles (maxed), Hero's Will (maxed), ACB (maxed), Guardian (if 1handed, maxed),
    Meta:

Welcome to the big leagues boys. HT is actually very chill on a paladin. Preheads you just smash blast and HH when he is cancelled. Once the body is summoned, you stand on HT, to the left of the "abs" line, which is the direct center of his stomach, and is used to split HT in half.

upload_2020-4-25_19-2-14.png

The reason you stay to the left of the abs is simple. The tail does a slap that will yeet you into oblivion over to the right if stance fails and you will most likely die trying to get back. A buffed tail can knock out most of your party except 30k warrior and chonk masters. If you cross over the ab line, the right arm will aggro on you and cause your sed mule to have double the amount of seds.

Use blast on the legs and jump + HH to reach all body parts. Time your jumps and be smart. You don't want to jump while youre taking damage and get yeeted left or right. You should be standing on Horntail, taking touch damage. There is a ridiculous amount of 1/1s on the floor, as well as stun/knockbacks you will have to deal with if you do not stand on HT legs. Use threaten as well to help with your teammates who do more lines than you. Blast the leg until it dies.

If you are too far right, your blast will target the tail instead of the legs. I believe this is due to the order in which HT "spawns" into the map. This is not necessarily a good or bad thing, just something to be cognizant of, as the legs are generally the most dangerous part of the fight for your ranged companions. It is better to help take out legs while they are up.

You can technically reach the tail with blast, but be very careful. You have to ride right on the ab line to hit and won't deal damage when the tail is raising for any animation. It is very easy to die, or get someone else killed if you chill at the ab line. I prefer to go up to heads as soon as legs die.

If you do any damage to an arm, you are now on his aggro table. It no longer tracks the person with the most damage/aggro. Both arms do three regular seduces and two masses (when under 30% HP and within mass seduce range) that have independent timers, so you only want one arm moving at a time.

The newer aggro changes have proved out an aggro theory: If you are close to the arms, they will move. So don't be close to the arms.

Climb the left side. You want the second, small platform from the top.

upload_2020-4-25_18-59-15.png

If you are at this platform, you will not trigger the arm moving on your side. Your attacks will now be splits depending on head movements. When the GMs changed the head hit box to let Hero/DRKs cleave heads, it changed how we hit too. Not on purpose, but oh well.

Your blasts will focus on left head as long as it is within blast range. When the head ducks, it will target middle head. That leaves you with a left/mid head split regardless if you want it or not. If the left head cancels, you need to jump to the top platform and you can 'focus' middle head. You will not hit the middle head from this platform while it ducks, but it's better than nothing.

If you try to move to the base platform, to the left of the optimal platform, whenever the left head ducks you will whiff air.

If you are positioned all the way to the right on the middle, pictured platform, your HH will hit all three heads, wings, and arms, dealing the best DPM possible. Your blast, will continually hit left and middle head, as they move and duck. This is your optimal DPM placement for the run.

If both heads cancel, you can either climb to the right side, or jump down and blast wings. Climbing all of the way up to the right side is a time sink and the platforms are less warrior friendly. That being said, putting damage on the wings might not be the play, and while you are close to the arm it has a chance of moving. That means three extra seduces for your sed target, which is the run losing damage, and if too much damage is already on the left arm, that can lead to dispels that can destroy unprepared bishops.

Please check with your host if you have any questions during a run about whether or not you should be on that wing or activating the arm.

Bergamont/Verga (HT)
    Level Requirement: 163 for shared exp, 168 for 100% damage.
    HP: 14k for high rolls on his attacks.
    Skills needed: HH (maxed), Blast (maxed), Stance (maxed)
    Optional helpful skills: Achilles (maxed), ACB (maxed), Guardian (if 1handed, maxed), Hero's Will (level 1+)
    Meta:

Let's talk about Verga (I will go to the grave calling him Verga, I do not care that they changed the name okay???)

The first NT boss you fight, Verga is actually one of my favorite bosses. He had three bodies that each have independent mechanics and weaknesses. You need to stand on the bottom in the "water" next to Verga to hit him, or on top of the ship. For B1 and B2, you should stay on the bottom of the map. For B3, we will use a different technique.

If you are trying to bring mules, you will have to face tank the laser, which does around 6-7k to non-warriors. It also dispels, which can be challenging for keeping your HS alive. Mules should sit in the very bottom left corner of the map.

Max Damage I take (as a warrior with max Achilles)
    B1: Around 9.5k
    B2: Around 7k
    B3: Around 11.5k

B1:
    B1 is lightning and ice weak, therefore lightning charge should be used at all times. He has the highest HP out of all of the targets, which is about 50% of his whole HP. It is also the smallest amount of EXP.

B1 Verga has a minigun attack with a shorter range and high damage, summons, a dispel, and rockets that he cycles between. Some of Verga's attacks can stun you for a brief period of time. Stand at the bottom and hold down blast unless he is about to DP. Flying summons will come out part of the way through the fight. Use HH on them and they should be easy to clean up. The summons will weaken you, cast darkness on you, and zombify you if left up.

The main mechanic to learn is his dispel (DP). Verga will rest back and pull out a laser. The laser turns white first, which does no damage and does not DP. He finishes with a red laser, which will hit you if you do not duck. Holding down is the only way to duck this, and cannot be done from the top of the shift. I will work on getting screen shots for y'all to see the animations. Once the red laser is gone, pop up and start blasting again.

B2:
    B2 is fire weak and the easiest part of the fight. Defeating B1 destroys Verga's minigun, which leaves him with summons, a dispel, and rockets that he cycles between. Rinse and repeat everything you did in B1.

B3:
    B3 is neutral to all elements, so if you have holy charge use that, if not fire is fine.

Verga is in PANIC MODE !!!!

The good news: he will no longer dispel and none of his attacks can reach your mules in the bottom left corner.

The bad news: His rockets down DP, and he has two new attacks, a BOOM, and a lock on BOOM.

Verga's attacks this fight are rockets, summons, the boom and the lock on boom (coined by me, not official names, patent pending)

When Verga is doing the rockets animation, his body will jiggle and you will see rockets flying out of his back rocket pad. He does this all bodies, but on B3 they will KB you and sed you. When you sed, you run away from him and jump to the top left of the ship where he cannot hit you. You can easily dodge these rockets by ducking and holding down as the rockets are hitting the water.

His normal attacks are a big red fiery BOOM which can cause a cross hairs to hit you. He follows up with a second BOOM, that will sometimes stun you. This sucks a lot, because his next attack has the chance of being rockets/sed and you are stun-locked and cannot duck. You can dodge to duck these attacks as well, which is what I do for the beginning of the fight. Your DPM is going to suck at the start of this fight, there isn't really a lot to do.

Once the summons show up, do NOT HH. Instead, jump directly up to land on the ship. The summons have proxy aggro, very similar to the ones in the map outside of Verga, and will automatically run up to you and try to laser you in the face. These summons do around 400 touch damage. While you are taking touch damage from the summons, you will very very rarely be hit by the rockets or the BOOMS, due to the constant touch damage and the cool down between damage that the server normally has. Spam blast until he dies and pray 4 loot.

Closing Notes:

Special shoutout to the guild Agape and all of my friends, present and past. Shout to HittingStuff, my Paladin brother, who was always there for the memes.

Yeehaw y'all.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2024
    • Great Work Great Work x 22
  2. iamthemgb

iamthemgb Red Snail

Jul 14, 2017
    Beginner
    ITS TIME TO MAKE A PALLY ERRONE

3. chih1ro

chih1ro Slime

Sep 2, 2019
    Female
    yeehaw town
    6:03 PM
    chih1ro
    I/L Arch Mage
    Spirit
    LF>free bigfoot toe

4. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    4:03 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    For 2h BW, the NT weapons should be viable? I think they are normal speed.

The part about crushed skull is a bit misleading. I would argue that the crushed skulls counterpart is the dragon claymore, moreso than stonetooth sword. Also its worth noting that at all levels of funding, a dragon claymore slightly outperforms crushed skull. Essentially, if you go crushed skull, you will need to pay more mesos to do the same damage as a dragon claymore (both weapons have similar price points).

Crushed skull is still worthwhile, however, because of guardian. Since its 1h you can use guardian with it and avoid 15% of all hits. This saves you a massive amount of mesos on potions in the long run.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Paid2Win

Paid2Win Brown Teddy

Oct 25, 2019
    Male
    Paid2Win
    Paladin
    Katsu

Hey boss, I don't think anywhere states that the crushed skull is comparable to the ST? Each weapon section is broken up 1H/2H Sword/BW. I can't find anywhere that compares and contrasts a crushed skull with a Stonetooth specifically? I was very tired upon finishing the guide so you can point it out so I can fix any discrepancies, please do.

2H NT blunt weapon is slow I believe unless I'm looking at the wrong section of the library in mobile. I believe the 1H BW is fast [4] which I'll be looking into for sure in the very near future if someone would sell me one.

6. OP
    OP
    Paid2Win

Paid2Win Brown Teddy

Oct 25, 2019
    Male
    Paid2Win
    Paladin
    Katsu
    Make me side piece #1 and we'll talk.

P.s. I'm proud of you for making it that far in the guide

7. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    In that case im wrong and 1h bw is the way to go!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. CervezaSanta

CervezaSanta King Slime

Jul 29, 2017
    Male
    5:03 PM
    CervezaSanta
    Bishop, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Vivid
    I believe this applies to everyone.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Kimchi Hero

Kimchi Hero Orange Mushroom

May 4, 2017
    F

With the recent changes, does a lvl 12x still max HH first?

10. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    12:03 AM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    I did the fast calcs for HH (not perfect)

avg is like 70m with 60 casts per hour at shaolin.
    Now it dropped down to 45m with 40 casts per hour.

I'm sure it's still more profitable that other leveling routes.

• Informative Informative x 4
  11. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    7:03 AM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    :( very big nerf

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Hood/Agape
    I'm going to suggest an alternative route in the 3rd Job build. I believe you undervalue the Ice Charge. For those who want to conserve pots and/or fear dying too easily against heavier monsters (especially if you are a quester and want to accomplish some quests that require very difficult mobs to kill) then the Ice Charge is very handy. Freezing mobs in place ensures better survivability and keeps HP pot usage down. This is certainly not for everyone - especially the more common way I've seen people play this game which is some sort of "I have to reach level 1xx as fast as I possibly can and I don't care what I'm missing along the way."

• Like Like x 2
  13. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Fire charge really helps boosting dmg for those LVLs, I'd say ice charge by lvl 90+ if you want to farm cards (for example).
    But else if you want to grind fast just get fire charge and run to mannequins.

14. Lulinya

Lulinya Selkie Jr.

Aug 25, 2018
    Male
    6:03 AM
    Lulynia
    Beginner, F/P Mage
    max out C4 charge and rush to staffs headquarter for max exp and meso.

15. PandaOnPanda

PandaOnPanda Timer

Jun 29, 2019
    PandaOn___
    Paladin, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    Homies
    With HH changes, it is probably better now at higher lvls to duo at 7f. ~55m xp if you have HS. It is going to be extremely difficult to find a mage finisher willing to train with you at 3-4 or 5-6 now. The xp will just be crap for them or whoever they are leeching if they want to bring along a char (Avg of 1/3 less xp). Going to test it out later to check.

If you have a DK friend at lvl 115, you can duo with them at Crimson Guardians and have them use Roar as finisher to help them out. Used to be around 31m xp they could get with you getting around 65m, but take it down by 1/3 on avg now. This also works with heroes who have their roar thing (can't remember skill name). They just need jump gear to hit both platforms

EDIT: So I tested out the XP for a pally/DK duo at Crims.
    Lvl 151 Pally: 44m
    Lvl 117 DK: 25m (added EPH by attacking crims while HH was on CD)

EDIT2:
    3-4 duo with I/L
    lvl 153 Pally: 63m eph
    lvl 125 I/L: 35m eph

7f duo with Shad w/ taunt that i think was lvl 10 (?)
    lvl 152 Pally: 85m eph
    lvl 141 Shad: can't remember, I think something like 55ish

EDIT3:
    5-6 duo with I/L
    lvl 154 Pally: 73m eph
    lvl 128 I/L: 54m eph
    For this, since I/L had to 2 hit to kill gold dudes after HH, they were taking longer so with someone who 1 shots the gold dudes after HH eph will differ

• Like Like x 2
  16. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    7:03 AM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    hey bro nt 2h sword seems like best option compared to the dragon claymore what ya think?

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. PandaOnPanda

PandaOnPanda Timer

Jun 29, 2019
    PandaOn___
    Homies
    NT weapons are pretty much always better, but they are extremely rare and extremely expensive. Save NT for if you're heavily funded/late late game

18. Kimchi Hero

Kimchi Hero Orange Mushroom

May 4, 2017
    With the recent nerfs to Shaolin Temple, is it still better than elsewhere to use HH at 130?

19. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Look 3/5 posts above you, there's some comparison numbers / research in regards to what the nerf brought to shaolin / end game grinding for us

20. PandaOnPanda

PandaOnPanda Timer

Jun 29, 2019
    PandaOn___
    Homies
    Some areas that I have not tested out yet are Oblivion 4 and NT. NT probably would not be the best due to lowish spawn rate, but someone else will have to answer about oblivion 4 (ToT). Other than those two, I would probably say Shaolin is still gonna be the best area, due to a mixture of xp and convenience