1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The POGventures Journal ~ Day 200

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Motto, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    2:50 AM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    Welcome to the Pogventures!

I hope that, until Sku doesn't come back, I can meme this class a fair bit.
    [​IMG]

The main goal of PogShad is to get to lvl 80+ to wear a Dragon's Tail.
    An objective that I've put to my mind, especially given the fact I've always played chars as #ppl2pass... is to actually enjoy this char, leveling it normally, farming cards and possibly getting a tier 5+ ring

The char has been created the 28th Jan 2021 and will hopefully, in the next couple of weeks get to lvl 80+.
    I won't be #ppl2passing it hard by doing 12+ hours a day grinds, keep it slow and steady.

DAY 1
    Time Played : ~2hours 30min

Questing up to lvl 22, increased INT up to my max base range and will continue tomorrow with more questing, advancement and possible get to lvl 35-40
    [​IMG]

Now... don't think I increased too much INT, its all a power-move.
    By increasing INT this much I can still "almost" easily quest up to lvl 38-ish and after that I will start to decrease my INT back into LUK so that I can actually start doing dmg to grind.

• Like Like x 9
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    DAY 1 NIGHT
    Time Played : ~8hours
    pretty chill questing
    Questing up to lvl 39~40, increased INT even more to 100 base and, thanks to my peepopoggers AinzAinz I have some int gear.
    I'm aiming at washing most during lvl 40~75 and after that, clean it all out and go fresh farming cards with Band of Thieves

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Got some gachas but nothing much profitable atm sadge

• Like Like x 5
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    You got a GFMA30 yesterday and a CFA30 today, I will kick your ass so hard your vertebrae pop out of your mouth one by one like a pez dispenser.

• Like Like x 5
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    DAY 2
    Time Played : ~5hours
    sadge hours
    Man doing 40-43 was a real stick of butter up my arse.
    Questing is really not so rewarding and, by having really shitty dmg in general (with a KFAN I hit 150s on savage blow sadge) it is really hard to level up.

Aim for tomorrow is to possibly get to lvl 45, do quests and reach lvl 50.
    After lvl 50 I gotta get a zhelm / dep star / ellin ring (thanks MilkTea for hard etc farming <3)
    [​IMG]

Gachas today weren't so fresh sadly.

• Like Like x 8
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    If 41-45 is such an issue, you could just stick with Sindit for a little longer. I would assume your L7 dmg would still be pretty decent.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    DAY 3
    Time Played : ~4hours
    pogchamp

Ah yes when you finally get to do 43-45... Genin was a nice map to grind with, but that was a hell of a grind
    Sadly, from lvl 45 onwards I won't have that big chunk of INT gear so I'll be stuck on ~150 for the future levels :(

[​IMG]

I wanted to talk a little bit about my crazy-ass INT goals... if possible I'd love some confirmation on my madness by Blu301Blu301 [​IMG]

So, let's start with some easy information and so some METH MATH :
    I'm right now LVL 45, no washes at all and with
    HP 1.424
    MP 1.152
    INT 150 per LVL UP (160 with mw20)
    As of right now, I could wash HP 576 (aka HP 2.000)
    By LVL 70, by following the stats I will have
    HP 1.980
    MP 1152 + (1184-804) + 15 * (70-45) = 1.907
    At this point I could wash HP 1.188 (aka HP 3.168)​

When I will reach lvl 70 I'll start decreasing my INT hard, going back to base INT 40, so that I can actually start farming cards, doing PPQ with my cuties and in general have fun playing the char.
    (Disclaimer : even if I do shit dmg, its still fun)

For what I can understand with Meso Guard I'm looking at 2xHP
    So, possibly by LVL 135 I'd be looking at
    HP 3168 + (3413-1980) = 4.601
    MP 1184 + (2159-1184) + 4*(135-70) = 2419
    I could possibly still wash HP 576 (aka HP 5.177)​

Making this char actually usable in most bosses for the future (and still having enough MP for grinding non-stop).
    Blu301Blu301 am I doing it right enough? I wanted to reverse your shad guide, as you started with int gear from 80+, I wanted to keep most washing lvl <70

See you tonight with day 3 night post <3

• Like Like x 5
  7. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    If you keep using my int-gear after 70 (which I consider very likely since uni is starting up), I feel like you'd be just fine with 40 base + ~60-70 from gear. That'd make you a fairly tanky shad compared to washless shads.

Even washless shads generally do pretty ok in bossing (from what I gather) so I don't think you've got any problems in the future. I would, however, suggest to keep washing slightly after 70.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Dance

Dance Stone Golem

Dec 21, 2020
    Male
    Fiore
    6:50 PM
    Beginner
    I love the edits you do to your pictures. The spongebob one made me laugh!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    Yes!! I love that you started a grinding journal, go get em! <333

• Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    DAY 3 NIGHT
    Time Played : ~3hours
    I'm going to die here, yes this is my GS2 v2

I'm happy that I completed Ellin questline and I now have the Ellin ring for lvl 50 problem is.... I'm LVL 47 with shit dmg (I now range 900~1500 with savage blow)

[​IMG]

So given my really shit dmg I will have to come back to Genins and suck up on that 270k EPH for another couple of hours.
    I calculated that, at the sustained EPH, I would be LVL 55 in 22 hours of straight genins.
    I think I have to recalculate my life in the next couple of days in this paper wall room.

I hope that, in the coming days my FM shop will be completely sold and those 22 hours will make me gather a good amount of gacha.

• Like Like x 5
  11. Floris

Floris Capt. Latanica

May 27, 2020
    Male
    Go and try 'A Night in the Forest' or 'Desolate Cemetery' for some money. I was getting around 300k eph there (though this was on a bucc, but I only had around 250~400 range). Basically its decent exp for your level range and (if you get a bit lucky with scroll drops and showa ETC) quite good mesos.
    If I've learned anything from my many playthroughs of high base int characters up to ~60 its that money = gear = more eph. So if you spend 3-6 hours there farming away and thereby increase your damage significantly, it might still be 'faster' than grinding genins for 22 hours straight. Though I am really not familiar with the leveling speed of a bandit :C. Anyway just something to consider and good luck!
    * also, EPQ is about a lvl/hour for 45-50 then like a lvl/1.25~1.5 hrs up until 55, granted you can find a party.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Blu301

Blu301 Pac Pinky

May 20, 2019
    Male
    East Coast, USA
    9:50 PM
    Blu301
    Shadower
    Summer
    yo the washage looks good dude :) unfortunately i've always eyeballed my washings but depending on your bossing goals that hp should be fine. i would still continue to level with int gears if you have any as you go past lvl 70, it's nice to keep on gaining hp since some of the middle-late 4th job bosses slap a bit hard. best of luck ~

• Like Like x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    DAY 4
    Time Played : ~6hours
    Okay I kinda got unstuck

Today was quite a good day, I was able to farm some genin and later on discovered that... Wraith is easily 600k xp/h worth 2-2.5m/hr so I bought 2 hours!
    Got to LVL 50 and then did mostly quests in Omega Sector and other various towns
    [​IMG]

Tomorrow I'll aim on completing Zakum prequest and start searching for some afk zhelm sellers.
    Else aim on getting to LVL 58 (or close to it)

• Like Like x 3
  14. OP
    OP
    Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    DAY 4 NIGHT
    Time Played : ~2hours
    Actual progress

Oh yes finally! I've completed the Zakum prequest in a timely manner with no real issue (the only being the zak pq with teleports back to starter map)
    Completed the JQ in an astounding 11 minutes by falling once on the last part of second map (double rock and double statue) which was really acting hard to time it correctly :S

And... and I joined a guild! I joined Tavern, as far as I understand by the moment they are a really nice low-lvl newbies friendly guild.
    I normally see people in chat asking for guidance / help with low lvl quests.
    Hope they all do well in their 2003 pixel game gameplay [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now, tomorrow (1st of Feb) I'm aiming for lvl 58 so that I can later on join my good buddy FatSloth in his mp3 grind sessions.

I'm going to introduce a new section, IRL describing the daily changes of my life outside of the pixel game and from discord (even though most likely people will find out my IRL news there)
    As far as some know, I've taken a break from studies, I started my masters last year in August and, for the time being, felt unmotivated on following through with the first of two years.
    Remote education at this level is not as profitable as it might have seen on first eyes for me (networking and social life being absolutely inexistant).
    Doesn't help if you've traveled over KM 1.800 from Italy to Sweden xD.

So, as of right now, I'm on my 1st full month break from studies and, in the meantime, other than playing ML and talking on Discord I'm actively doing two things :

Health & Exercising
    Job Search

Health & Exercising (January 2021)
    • Write down all exercising on journal (cute yellow planner <3)
    • Doing daily Yoga and flexibility exercises (helps for climbing)
    • Running or Rowing every second day (if I'm able to book a spot at the gym)
    • Doing some simple weight exercises (helps for climbing)
    • Trying to lower my weight smartly (trying to get lean because less weight = easier climbing)
    • Gym Climbing every second day, alternated with Running
      • Bouldering flashing up to 6b
      • Got my Belay card :D, I can finally belay people and use the autobelay
      • Top rope flashing up to 6a+ (hard to go over this)
    Health & Exercising Goals for end of 2021
    • Get below KG 90 (right now I'm close to KG 111, not really fatty just really muscular / big bones as AinzAinz says)
    • Run 5km at 6:30 pace
    • Top rope climbing at 7a (yeah this will be funny to get)
    Job Search (this is sadge hours)
    [​IMG]

• Trying to search a job in the Software Engineering & IT related fields
    • Sent out 22 applications by end of January
    • Did a Coding Challenge (very badly) (Software Engineering internship)
    • Waiting on a 2nd Call from a place (Business Analyst full-time)
    As I've stopped studying for this year, I'm right now looking at something to fill up my work experience as I'm lacking in that department.
    Sadly this came from the expenses of me doing an absolute pepega run study of my bachelor and having the unlucky RNG of rolling my internship for end-of-bachelor thesis... during a fucking pandemic lockdown in Italy (March 2020 ~ July 2020)
    So during those months I mostly gained anxiety, absolute mental depression, shitty lifestyle and low quality enjoyment & motivation of living (big sadge hours).

I completed an interesting Academia related thesis and trying to publish a paper (peer-review sucks KEK).

During my first semester in my masters I've found out that... I legit can't study and have no social life which was the opposite of my bachelors.
    Now, thankfully I've graduated in time and no real problem so, by fast Resume reading one would say I just took a "long" break during 2020.
    I hope that the IRL section will be a nice read in the future, maybe couple of months, and will bring a tear to me while re-reading it all
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 3
  15. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    You're doing great in life Motto, just keep up the hard work and the right job will turn up at some point :)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    DAY 5
    Time Played : ~6hours
    Zakooom

Today I wanted to grind some LVLs and reached lvl 56 through Zombie Lupins and some quests (King Clang, Kill Golems and random Mu Lung quests)

I want to thank AinzAinz and HiyoHiyo for MW service to bump that +1mp for 3 LVL ups <3
    [​IMG]

ZAKOOM! Yes, yesterday I completed hastily my zaj prequests to join today FatSlothFatSloth but he later on skimped by only doing arms with his crew... So I joined an AFK crew from Perion [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And the result was crappy, as it was predicted by my previous RNG in zhelm looting (always got avg 16+ stats, now this garbage)
    [​IMG]

Now that I have some STR/DEX/LUK buffs from zhelm I might be able of hitting harder on mobs that give better EPH than zombie lupins (man that 400k EPH is giving me PTSD lol), of course I won't upgrade this zhelm as... well I'd say its temporary.

Mesos Gained : 6.3m (spent 12m)
    Normal Gacha : 7
    Rare Gacha : 2

Health & Exercising
    • Did 20 minutes of Yoga and Resistance Band exercises
    • Couldn't grab a spot at gym for Running / Rowing sadge
    • Tomorrow I'll go climb
    Big news today! Given last week I got my belay card for top rope I went out and bought myself an ATC Belay Device and a small Carabiner to hold my green card <3
    [​IMG]

Job Search
    • Got an email for a 2-year Program that they accepted my test challenges and now reviewing my Resume
    • Tomorrow I'll be participating in a Career Fairs online given by my Masters univ... maybe find some contacts
    • Creating a schedule of tasks to do Daily for the next months
      • Leetcode problems daily
      • Understand Statistics (didn't learn that much during Bachelor, I mostly have spots of knowledge in the field)
      • Start using Python and R more concretely (small data projects to drop on my Resume)

Life

• Thought about making a Spreadsheet of books I'll be reading in the next months, I want to at least read / listen to 3~5 books per month (if you have any suggestion)

P.S. I'm thinking about making the Posts a little bit more artsy but, given my inexistant arts skills it will be hard.
    I'm thinking of doing something relative to the Day / Night gameplay, Hours played and then the Char summary (mesos, gachas, LVL)

Plus of course at least one meme-y image per post after such artsy summary.

• Like Like x 4
  17. FatSloth

FatSloth Windraider Retired Staff

Nov 15, 2020
    Male
    8:50 PM
    FatSloth
    Buccaneer
    ImACatMeow
    Sorry motto :( I even set an alarm to be sure I would be awake. Only had 4 people to run this morning though

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  18. OP
    OP
    Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    [​IMG]

edit : most likely will need to make the banner image smaller

Welcome! I felt a bit artsy so I created a simple table to showcase the most particular interesting info for the Journal.
    In particular Mesos gained daily, AP resets used on char, NX gained daily (thx Kimmy for NX card drops) + Gacha drops.
    Maybe in the future I'll be adding more images like such, for farming Nightghost, Cards and such.
    [​IMG]

Okay lets go back to journal-ing!
    Today I haven't played much given I was doing IRL stuff (look there) so I've just LVLed at Truckers once and then waited for some friends to do my first PPQs, hopefully I'll run this more in the next days as it gives a good fair amount of XP per run.

Look at the group! Such a good and fine group, had fun playing with them today.
    [​IMG]

Tonight / Next days I'll aim on doing more PPQs and looking forward to getting that sweet Pirate Hat and Pirate Chairâ„¢
    [​IMG]

Health & Exercising
    • Went climbing today (2 hours) and did
      • 11 boulder routes (ranging 5+ to 6a+)
      • 8 autobelay routes (ranging 5a to 5c)
    • Did some flexibility exercises

Job Search
    Okay this is going to be a meme... as I've said yesterday there would have been a career fair today and well... K E K
    • Noted down 5 particular job positions + 1 Internship position (will be added in a future journal-day chart)
    • Laughed a ton (as suggested by FatSlothFatSloth , an online career fair would have been a meme)
    meme time: I basically got routed by 4 recruiters in the same company because I said
    "I'm not really interested in thesis work buy industrial experience in IT/Software engineering"
    And the guy basically stopped reading at industrial experience and routed me to an INDUSTRIAL ENGINEERING recruiter
    [​IMG]
    In general the career fair was a disaster, service wise from the website, hard to chat and/or possibly do small voice talks :\

Other than that I didn't start my Leetcode dailies [​IMG]

Life
    • Created a spreadsheet with books I'm interested in reading, will categorize between Audio / Paper for the best way I could read it and then categorize the books read.
    • Started looking back at material about Statistics

• Like Like x 7
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  19. OP
    OP
    Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    [​IMG]

Tonight was an easy night, grinding at Forest of Golems and completing some LVL 58 quests to top it all off... got to LVL 60, now thats actually pog.

Slowly but surely I'm getting to 3rd job, where this journal will actually start off!

Not much of an update, didn't do much tonight other than this grind and watching some TV series.

I will have to look and find a reasonable image to use in the diary banner... or at least try to get colour neutral ways to show text on images, because right now my OCD is triggered from the 3 hours being hard to read xD

• Like Like x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 2
  20. OP
    OP
    Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    [​IMG]

[​IMG] AFTER 4 YEARS I FINALLY GET MY SECOND CHAOS SCROLL
    (bullshit gacha rates on me 2cs/0ws in 4 years)

Today I didn't really play much, sold some stuff and run my 3 days savings of Gacha (around 25 common and 5 rare), thanks to HiyoHiyo for showcasing this absolute hackzor gacha run that gives good profits ;^)

Tonight / Afternoon will look at doing some LVLs at Forest of Golems and hopefully selling the scrolls I got from gacha (around 150m worth)

Health
    • Booked another 2 hour climbing for tomorrow
    • Slight neck muscles pain / soreness, doing neck stretches daily now to hopefully fix this pain
    • Did some yoga this morning

Job Search
    [​IMG]
    I applied to the 4 positions I've found during the Career Fair yesterday, moved the old waiting ones into Ghosting (as over a month has passed... and most had a deadline in early February)

One of the applications has been marked as "in reviewing" for my CV, lets hope some notification comes around in the next weeks!

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1