1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Battle Hammer vs. Duck Tube?

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Birb, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Birb

Birb Mushmom

Mar 7, 2017
    Female
    United States
    4:48 AM
    Pigeon
    Paladin
    Muse
    I play a 1H BW White Knight, and I've been hoarding Battle Hammers (thanks to everyone who's given me one because I can't seem to get them myself :|) and scrolls so I can scroll a good one to hold out til I can (maybe) get a good Crushed Skull... someday... who knows when that will be x___x

But now I'm wondering, would a Duck Tube (the lv. 100 one of course) be a better choice to hoard/invest?

For reference: http://bbb.hidden-street.net/eq/one-handed-blunt-weapon/duck-tube-2 and http://bbb.hidden-street.net/eq/one-handed-blunt-weapon/battle-hammer

The reason I'm bringing it up is, Duck Tube is faster than a Hammer, even though it has less attack. Having used a Colorful Tube with Fast speed for the past 30 levels and just recently switching to a Battle Hammer with Normal speed, I feel significantly slower (but I'm sure that's just me being used to the tube speed) although I also see difference in damage.

I've seen things about DKs that say a Fishing Pole is worth investing in late-game because it's fast, and I dunno if it might work the same way with Tube vs. Hammer?

So it'd be awesome if people can give me some input/opinions: Does the attack speed outweigh the ~8 w.att. difference between the two weapons/is it worth it? And since the Duck Tube seems to be an event item, would it be better to go for a Hammer, which I can get more of at any time and possibly for less, or do you guys think there are/will be enough of them with above average attack (so I can boom them in peace @_@)? (also, tubes are just A+)

WOW, sorry this got long and convoluted, but thanks ahead of time for any feedback ^^

Last edited: Apr 10, 2017
  2. MapleBento

MapleBento Slimy

Apr 2, 2015
    Male
    2:48 AM
    Grizzly
    Dark Knight
    Noir
    Regarding DK, fishing pole doesn't out scale even with apples, but this is very true of the sky ski. The difference in attack between max perfect spears is 13, sky ski being 134 and faltizan being 147. However, the sky ski destroys the faltizan. Demolishes it.

Honestly a big part of it is your weapon multiplier, which you can look up. Even on our forum I think? I'm at work so I can't check yet. Spear has a higher end multiplier so attack scales a lot more with speed. I don't know about BW, but since Crushed Skull is the best weapon choice for you I think it's safe to assume that higher attack speed is better. The difference in attack is barely anything too.

If I were you I would go with the Duck Tube and, if I doesn't work and the supply runs out (since it is the event item) just return to battle hammers. ^^

• Like Like x 1
  3. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    get both if you can.
    the difference is usually in grinding; for example if you two hit skeles with battle hammer and 3 hit with duck tube, you should go battle hammer; otherwise you go duck tube, just as a linear example

• Like Like x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    Birb

Birb Mushmom

Mar 7, 2017
    Female
    United States
    Pigeon
    Paladin
    Muse
    Thank you both for the input!! I think I'm gonna try for a good duck tube while also collecting hammers, since seems like it might be tough to get a bunch with really good attack.

5. United

United Skelegon

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    11:48 AM
    United
    Dark Knight
    Demure
    FITE ME YOU +2 SKI SCRUB!!!!

i guess it dpns on the area you are...
    if you got si or no and what do you grind and where...
    if 1 hit with both the oc get the faster one if no you need to chack both and see whats better :)
    ummm also keep the lvl 120 crusher in mind? isnt it the best 1H bw?

• Like Like x 1
  6. MapleBento

MapleBento Slimy

Apr 2, 2015
    Male
    2:48 AM
    Grizzly
    Dark Knight
    Noir
    Who said it's still +2? :^)

Also, they mentioned the Crushed Skull already in their thread. That item is a humongous pain in the ass to farm so it makes sense why they're scrolling tube and hammer.

Also si still makes ski better PogChamp

• Like Like x 1
  7. United

United Skelegon

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    United
    Dark Knight
    Demure
    lets not make it ski vs falt thread xD
    ski is better for anything but BF (unless you 1 hit with falt and 2 with ski while grinding)

8. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    9:48 AM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    I got a 99 atk battle hammer if you want it. Feel free to leave an offer at my shop in fm 19 bottom right.

• Like Like x 1
  9. United

United Skelegon

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    United
    Dark Knight
    Demure
    Btw you can always craft the battle hammers to the lvl 110 and get +5 att

10. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    That's because we have a limited number of att equips and chaos ;)

Edit: by limited I mean we 1) Don't have ATT shoes that don't expire, no Belts, and no BoF; 2) we don't have hammer slots

11. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    Alright, as a Pally main of a bajillion years (12 and counting! o/ Yay for my masochism ... wait what? ;^)) I can tell you that Skulls will definitely be a nice investment endgame, as they are THE HIGHEST attack weapon in the game (110~120, with 115 being average) but they definitely are a pain in the ass to farm (considering we also don't have CWKPQ).

(Un)Fortunately you are saying that you're playing a 1H BW WK; in this situation, I would actually switch to 2H and continue using a Morningstar, as they are Level 80 but have a Normal Attack speed, with fairly good attack base (and 2H BW is also suuuuuuper cheap; but so is 1H, so hey, choose your character! :3).

Let's stick with the 1H for the rest of this post then:
    Like some of the others are saying, it depends on what you want to pursue -- if you can 1HKO with a Battle Hammer/Dragon Mace and not with the DuckTube or a ColorsTube, go for the higher att. On the other hand, if it takes you more than 2-3 hits to kill a mob with the higher att weapon, I would personally recommend switching to a faster speed. The more hits you need to get in, you probs just want to switch to the faster option. Plus, you have to consider, as a warrior, what it means to have that +1 attack speed stage and any mobility on your weapons (assuming you don't have a mount to run around on).

Our skill cast is not that fast and without stance, we get KB'd a lot + we don't have rush til 4th either so mobility is super useful; I would say a Duck Tube is much better, overall, than the Battle Hammer if your Hammer doesn't 1HKO.

The Attack Speed vs. Attack Stat debate is an issue that is a bit skewed to argue in MapleLegends because of the overall lack of attack on our items and the fact that we are without Blessing of Fairy (for those that don't recall, it's the Cygnus skill that links across an account where characters just give each other stats like Att/Matt/Acc/Avo). Thus, in this server, it's a bit harder to say what exactly is better, but overall, a Crushed Skull is probably your best bet for 1H BW by the end of the game because there aren't any Fast 4 1H BWs that are a viable option (I wish that Pig Illustrated or the Fusion Mace had later versions... like dang man, Faster Att Speed? Sign me up, Coach!)

And... don't quote me on this, but a long time ago by now (8 to 9 years by now), I read somewhere that 1 AS is essentially 12~20 att depending on the class; while not sure about the veracity of this statement, I can attest to that being a pretty powerful claim. Attack Speed, imo, is much more crucial than raw Attack if the Attack difference is not very high.

Tl;dr -- unless that small ATT allows you to 1hKO a mob or hit way less to kill the mob (e.g. if you take 2 hits to kill with the higher att but like 4 to kill with lower), lower att is probably a better option. Remember that these tubes somehow also give secondary stats like jump and speed--those are cool too, said every non-mounted warrior ever.

• Like Like x 3
  12. OP
    OP
    Birb

Birb Mushmom

Mar 7, 2017
    Female
    United States
    Pigeon
    Paladin
    Muse
    No SI, just grinding in random places (Grims, Wyverns soon maaaaybe, etc.) and I definitely don't 1HKO :(
    I don't think I do good enough damage to farm Stormbreaker badges yet but in the future I'm definitely gonna try for a Crushed Skull!! Til then, I'm gonna be relying on a Tube/Hammer though.

Thought about crafting but that won't really be a focus unless I manage to find myself with enough of the crafting materials.

Oh snap, thanks for such a thorough reply LOL :D I only found out that the Morningstar was Normal speed yesterday, oops. I thankfully do have a mount which I use the heck out of both while training and elsewhere because I feel like a snail otherwise -_____- But I'm sure the bit of extra speed will help still. I'd say if there's a difference in the number of hits it takes to kill a mob, it's maybe 1 at most, so I guess the Tube is the better option, given I can scroll one well enough rip.

The knockback struggle is real tho :(

Thank you everyone again for the help ^^

13. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    Yeah, I would say a Colorful Tube, a Duck Tube, or a Morningstar will be your best bet until you hit endgame item (whatever it might be for you).

• Like Like x 1
  14. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    But also, if you want, just have a load of fun. Even if a weapon is kinda bad, if you enjoy it, use it; some things look cute and are bad, some look great but aren't that useful.

• Like Like x 1