1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Regarding the Maple Leaf face accessory

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mayrose, Apr 15, 2017.

1. ohwhatever

ohwhatever King Slime

Apr 16, 2017
    12:56 PM
    Duckie
    Page
    Well if the argument is about it not being "fair" to people who didnt rng it form the event, then trade me your white scroll or chaos scroll and ill give you my leaf for 3 months.

2. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I don't really know if I follow your reasoning... because the white scrolls and chaos scrolls can be traded, and they will never expire. And in fact, I think their value is likely to increase, whereas as the leaves get closer and closer to the expiration date, they will become all but worthless until they finally disappear.

It's not so much the rng (well, rng is always unfair) but I think the issue is that the leaves are untradable. And because the leaves are so rare and there's 4 kinds, and they are untradable, even +5~+7 to a stat on a clean face accessory isn't something that great when you probably only have one chance, if any, to scroll it.

Combined with the fact that they will expire too, and I think everyone now thinks why even bother messing with them now?

3. ohwhatever

ohwhatever King Slime

Apr 16, 2017
    Duckie
    Page
    I'm just saying some people wish they had a maple leaf and say its unfair they don't have one cause of the rng. Well hearing that they now expire, they are worthless to me and they could have it for all i care. I'd take a different drop like a white scroll any day.

The untradeable thing, fine I can live with that, cause a leaf with 5 int for a warrior is better than no leaf. Keep them untradeable. Keep them permanent. There's your pro's and cons to them and the admins don't have to touch a thing.

4. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    8:56 PM
    Why not 6 months? Or even a year?

5. OP
    OP
    Mayrose

Mayrose Orange Mushroom

Jul 30, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    8:56 PM
    Amore
    Hermit
    The opening post actually wasn't about that. It was about not being fair because it is godly and permanent but not evenly available to everyone. If it expires, then it is not such a big deal to not get one and I would certainly not trade it for a white or chaos scroll in that case. ;) But if it remains permanent, then it is a disavantage to not get one by the end of event, compared to people that did, considering the stats compared to other face accessories and it being permanent and scrollable.

And I guess it sucks for those that have already succesfully scrolled their leaf. But this also sucks for those that have succesfully scrolled a nice branch nose or rat mouth. The permanent leaf makes them completely worthless, especially if the leaves would become tradable.

Considering everything that has been said imo it's a good thing they're going to expire, for the balance and other items not becoming worthless. Such godly items aren't permanently needed in this version of Maplestory anyway.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  6. guto

guto Slime

Mar 12, 2017
    Male
    3:56 PM
    Cmom, just make it tradable. I got one of my main stat yesterday and now i find out it will expire, like, rip.

7. Frazen

Frazen Pink Teddy

Jan 24, 2016
    Male
    Singapore
    2:56 AM
    Frazen
    Night Lord
    luckily i didnt fully scroll one

8. ohwhatever

ohwhatever King Slime

Apr 16, 2017
    Duckie
    Page
    I'd hardly consider it godly.

9. V220

V220 Chronos

Jul 26, 2015
    Male
    1:56 PM
    SoLucky
    Bishop
    To give you an idea: How much costs a 6 dex branch nose? around 70m. Now consider the value of a 6dex clean item with 7 slots...

• Like Like x 1
  10. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    That's with the current market prices. And it only really cost that much because face accessories were already kind of rare and were gach-exclusive.

Any new items added by events or updates will change things.

That said, I still see the point, and it would be better if it the maple leaf was nerfed, made tradable, and lasted longer or made permanent.

Or if it won't be nerfed or extended, it should at least be tradable. There's a 50% you will get a leaf that doesn't help you at all, maybe more for certain classes and builds... and that's if you get one at all.

11. yukkichan

yukkichan Timer

Oct 3, 2015
    Female
    2:56 AM
    All these salt while I'm here using a 1wa Rudolph nose

• Like Like x 1