1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion: Lower the price of AP Resets (Updated)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Iced, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Iced

Iced Horny Mushroom

Apr 13, 2017
    Male
    6:22 AM
    Iced / Foul
    I/L Arch Mage
    Beaters
    So I basically just got done with reading Kim's "The Future of MapleLegends" thread:
    https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/the-future-of-maplelegends.10108/

She started to talk about feedback from others at one point and one of the Tedious bullet notes were:
    -HP washing - this feature has mixed opinions for a lot of people, but in end you need vote for months to buy limited AP resets, and there's no way to speed this up

So I started thinking, what if there is a way? As we have seen, the cash shop can be edited with the Donor Tab and plus the adding of new items. So I'm pretty sure there should not be a problem as far as reduction of price in the Cash Shop. Most items are priced normally, but with this being a private sever and basically free to play in every way, why do some things have to be so expensive?

With a lot of NEW players starting to play (myself being one) there is going to be a big increase in having to HP wash, ect and I'll be honest when I heard about HP washing, how confusing it was and how long it would take, I was thinking of 2 things:
    Quitting or deleting my character and making a new Job that doesn't have to HP wash.

But having already fallen in love with this game and seeing how fun it is compared to today's GMS, I do not plan to quit and I honestly want to make a NL but I am not looking foward to paying 3.1k a day for months... Why not at least lower the prices so we can at least get done with it faster? So with all of that being said here is my suggestion for the price of AP/SP Reset's.

Initial Suggestion: AP/SP Reset Price: 1,000NX

New Suggestion: AP Reset Price: 2,500NX

This way, only being 1k, it will for sure speed up the process so that people do not have to worry about waiting forever to complete their character. At the moment I am level 56, I am told that I have to start putting points on INT, get INT gear plus a Zakum Helmet and with a 3.1k nx price of an AP reset and that I can only get like 3 in 2 days, should I even bother? Why not make it to where we can at least get 5 of them a day? As for SP Resets, I believe they are dependent on whatever job number you are but why not make it easy at least for people who messed up? "Oh no, I should have maxed out Maple Warrior 20 first?" But if you read this whole thread you'll notice that I only talked about AP Reset's because that is my main item to lower in price. SP Reset is more of a "I didn't want it to feel left out thing." But that will be all for this suggestion thread, hopefully it is something that can and will be done. Thank you all for reading and I hope you all have a nice day!

Added Edit: So after talking to a good number of people who were not happy with my thread and reading comments and hearing a few suggestions I decided to change the 1,000NX asking price to 2,500NX and since no one seems to care for the SP part of this thread, to just take it out all together. Hopefully everyone see's the update and gives their new thoughts on the new price.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. United

United Skelegon

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    12:22 PM
    United
    Dark Knight
    Demure
    Will i get paid back my 150 washes i already did when the server had 40 player base??
    The fact that the server gained x10 player base mean you want to change something so essential to this server?

Less nx for wash means more gach nx whice just cause bad things to this server...

Its should become easier just because you dont feel like it because its not something you MUST do...
    Want to HT at lvl 155 with NL work your way into it and wash.
    Otherwise just dont wash or choose none wash char.

• Like Like x 9
  3. OP
    OP
    Iced

Iced Horny Mushroom

Apr 13, 2017
    Male
    Iced / Foul
    I/L Arch Mage
    Beaters
    I would like to point out that this is my suggestion that the GM's of this game can either accept or reject. It would be appreciated if I do not get people basically shutting my idea down without even slightly considering it. I will do the work that needs to be done if it comes to it because as Kim said on the thread I linked everyone to, she said it was something that she doesn't exactly like but that does not mean it will be worked on.

Edit: But at the same time this is how games work some times. Things are changed to make some things easier or harder. If they were to change the prices of AP Resets in the cash shop, of course you won't get anything back, you won't like it but it happens sometimes. You had a long road, I may too but why does it have to be this way forever for everyone? This is just a suggestion.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
  4. United

United Skelegon

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    United
    Dark Knight
    Demure
    I have no right to shut down the idea...
    I gave my opinion about this suggestion

Still thinks that washing shouldnt become x3 easier just for thise who dont feel like putting the 3 months of NX.
    More gach means more problems.

• Like Like x 3
  5. jasonthief

jasonthief Mushmom

Jun 3, 2015
    Male
    11:22 AM
    Drowsily
    Bowmaster
    It shouldn`t change at all, u gotta work hard for having a washed character! And what united said, more gach is more problems. Its not that bad to wash. Getting 10 ap resets a week isn`t bad at all tbh.

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Iced

Iced Horny Mushroom

Apr 13, 2017
    Male
    Iced / Foul
    I/L Arch Mage
    Beaters
    Ok, that is fine. Everyone has their own response to certain things. But I don't exactly see how more gach would be a problem. Things would become cheaper and more wanted things like white scrolls and chaos scrolls will have a bigger supply rather than barely little to no supply at all. With a big increase of sever players people are going to gach regardless and prices have already started to drop. Sure after I do HP Wash I do plan to Gach to make in game meso. I don't even have enough meso's right now for even a Zakum helmet and HP washing is something funded players do and it is something that needs to be done lower level. But this is basically to help out new players like me who do not have the funds, cannot get help from anyone and want to play the game as it was designed. This is only for an increase in how long it takes. Its going to take a long time regardless, why not just speed it up?

7. United

United Skelegon

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    United
    Dark Knight
    Demure
    Thats why i say if you want washed char work for it.
    Farm meso other ways then gach...

We all started from 0 and some of us washed and got ourzhelm at 50.
    Heres an idea.. want some pocket money? Delay the washing for 6 days and do 1 run of 35 tix get some pot money and farm high price scrolls.

8. OP
    OP
    Iced

Iced Horny Mushroom

Apr 13, 2017
    Male
    Iced / Foul
    I/L Arch Mage
    Beaters
    Ok thanks for those ideas, I probably will do that now. I did try farming something though but it didn't work out. I did not know that Chaos Scrolls didn't drop from mobs in this game. I looked at pre big bang sites that said Chaos Scrolls dropped from certain mobs, spent like 6 hours looking. At least being in your alliance its only 30m for a Helm rather than 50m, just gotta get there.

9. Heps

Heps Slimy

Feb 13, 2017
    Male
    10:22 AM
    Defender
    Work for it for 2 years like the rest of us Beta/ Early game players. You want it really simple? you join 1 day and you expect to gain an advantage by giving a suggestion to speed things up for yourself saying "New Players". Play the server for at least half a year and stay with us and then make a comment.

10. OP
    OP
    Iced

Iced Horny Mushroom

Apr 13, 2017
    Male
    Iced / Foul
    I/L Arch Mage
    Beaters
    Ok sure, I'll let you know when that time comes... in 2 years. As I stated before this is a SUGGESTION. It wasn't a thread that I posted and wrote "Ok come say rude things to me now and tell me it is a crappy idea!" Sure I joined recently, on day #8 and was like wow to HP Washing. I thought this is crap, gonna take too long can we make it easier? That is all. Its just my post and its something that I personally would like done. Not just for me though, for EVERYONE NEW.

11. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    4:22 AM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    1k NX LOL
    That's not gonna happen MapleF17

12. Heps

Heps Slimy

Feb 13, 2017
    Male
    10:22 AM
    Defender
    So how is it fair? you coming on 8th day and washing by 120 fully done and what 1 month? Or old players who needed to wash for 6 months?

13. OP
    OP
    Iced

Iced Horny Mushroom

Apr 13, 2017
    Male
    Iced / Foul
    I/L Arch Mage
    Beaters
    I'm sorry but aren't you already done HP Washing and stuff? Or maybe you didn't because you didn't need to. I don't get why the Pro's of this game have a problem with this. Can we hear from a new person who is having to do this right now and its stressing them out? Like really say you want to make a new character just for fun or for a new adventure, do you really want to take that 6 months again?

14. Taehe

Taehe Mixed Golem

Jan 21, 2016
    Male
    Seoul
    7:22 PM
    Daebak
    Hero
    Nebula
    It is unfortunate that some classes have to wash in order to survive in Zakum and Horntail, but whoever said the game in this current version is balanced. Washing is expensive and time consuming but if you do not want to deal with it as much then simply play a warrior.

This idea would be unfair for older plays. Instead I think it would be more appropriate to suggest ideas to earn AP/SP reset similar to the daily cake quest.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Telling someone their opinion isn't worthy just because they haven't been on the server for very long is just a weak ad hominem attack.

But let's look at the facts: many people have played on this server for years already with the current price rates; many that stuck with it and achieved high level have not voiced complaints. They just did it.

The amount of washes you need isn't ridiculously high. Several months of voting is all you need typically for a NL or archer, which isn't much if you do indeed plan on sticking around the server.

And also: 1k just does sound stupidly cheap.

• Like Like x 3
  16. OP
    OP
    Iced

Iced Horny Mushroom

Apr 13, 2017
    Male
    Iced / Foul
    I/L Arch Mage
    Beaters
    Well you see, I am coming from GMS, I love the Thief Class and I was a 151 Ice Lightning Arch Mage back in the Pre Big bang days. I lately have not been playing GMS at all. This game is everything that was right in normal maplestory. I wanted to see my main on this game, a bosser NL and I plan to stick with that, I don't want another class. I do agree with your suggestion though about "ideas to earn AP/SP reset similar to the daily cake quest." But I thought this would be easier since I am not asking for free AP Tickets. The thing that I do not understand is, with the cake daily you get 1 AP or 2 Gach Tickets. With a few people on this thread not wanting this idea to ruin gach prices, why would the GM's put 2 Gaches over 1 AP? Why not 2 AP's or 1 Gach? Not to mention... hunting gaches! They are everywhere, so why are people not liking this idea because of gachapon?

17. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    That is true that hunting gachapon is a lot better than the NX-bought ones.

Also, as I understand it, the staff here have detailed logs of what people bought with their NX, so theoretically it should be possible to refund every single old player accordingly, should the price change (but still, I think 1k nx is too cheap).

18. OP
    OP
    Iced

Iced Horny Mushroom

Apr 13, 2017
    Male
    Iced / Foul
    I/L Arch Mage
    Beaters
    Well I made it 1k because its a 1 time use for 1 thing, like gachapon (minus prizes). I posted it that way so that it would be cheaper but still cost Nx (so not free). Plus once you are done with washing, you never have to use them again. Its like a limited time thing you gotta do. So why make it cost so much? That has been my whole point of this thread. Sure its maybe too cheap but for now its still a "what if" thing.

19. Taehe

Taehe Mixed Golem

Jan 21, 2016
    Male
    Seoul
    7:22 PM
    Daebak
    Hero
    Nebula
    There are too many parties to satisfy and this price change and nx refund would bring chaos into the market through gachapon.

So either just make a daily quest or just make a warrior. As much as you love theives, they have high damage in exchange for low hp. It does not make sense for such a class to have the same HP as a non washed warrior without coming at a cost.

Hp washing was never intended to be part of the game. Even though resets are expensive you should be grateful it is even a thing. If it was too cheap then we would have classes that are supposed to be glass cannons that are tanky as warriors.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  20. OP
    OP
    Iced

Iced Horny Mushroom

Apr 13, 2017
    Male
    Iced / Foul
    I/L Arch Mage
    Beaters
    Ok, point taken. I did not think about the part where I should be grateful that it is a thing, very true. It is something that wasn't intended. But since it is a thing and the GM's know about it, I am just asking. Its basically a yes or no answer at this point.