1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Why are spears better than polearms?

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Jelkan, May 20, 2017.

1. Jelkan

Jelkan Slime

May 15, 2017
    Male
    7:25 AM
    When searching for information on spearman, people frequently say that spears are better than polearms but the reasons for this aren't spoken. Would anyone be able to clarify why spears are superior to polearms late-game? I'm hoping for something a little more specific than just, "you'll do more damage using spears". And about how much more effective will a spear-use be over a polearm-user?

I'm mainly trying to figure out how badly sticking with polearms will affect a character, and why.

Thank you for your help!

2. Heps

Heps Slimy

Feb 13, 2017
    Male
    3:25 PM
    Defender
    Polearms swing, Spear stab. Dragon Knight has specific skills, that can do both, maximising the damage. You don't want to go revese as in Poleart stab and Spear swing because theres a slight reduce in damage :)

• Like Like x 2
  3. United

United Skelegon

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    5:25 PM
    United
    Dark Knight
    Demure
    well at 3rd job you get 2 massive skills. Crusher and Fury.
    Crusher stabs which gives spear the max dmg, while fury swing which gives pole-arm max dmg.

crusher does more dmg to 3 mobs but fury is faster and does dmg to 6.
    so for bossing crusher is far better the fury therefore ppl mainly use spear.
    although a lot of DK are going for the hybrid build (spear and pole-arm ), because fury is much much faster at grinding at places like MP3 GS2 Himes WS.
    I am a spear only Dk and i must say i think hybrid is better the only disadvantage is that you will have lvl 10 booster until late 3rd job.

if you will go as pole arm only dk it will hurt alot to your Dmg at the end game for bossing and to the fastest way for a dk to lvl at the 150+ lvls which is Bfing.
    i highly recommends going for hybrid if you want to use pole arm because that just means you will be pole arm until lvl 130~140 then switch to spear for bfs, bossing, and even skeles

• Like Like x 1
  4. Heps

Heps Slimy

Feb 13, 2017
    Male
    Defender
    Instead of leaving booster at 10, you leave Iron Will at 11 at level 70, maxing everything. Nothing is bad about hybrid ^^

• Like Like x 1
  5. United

United Skelegon

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    United
    Dark Knight
    Demure
    You cant max both masteries both boosters and HB in 2nd job :O

I think you need to max only at the end of 3rd job with the dragon blood points

6. Heps

Heps Slimy

Feb 13, 2017
    Male
    Defender
    30 - 1 SP
    31-70 - 117 SP
    20 spear mastery
    20 pole master
    20 booster spear
    20 booster spear
    30 HB
    ? NO?

• Like Like x 1
  7. United

United Skelegon

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    United
    Dark Knight
    Demure
    Umm cant fight the math

8. OP
    OP
    Jelkan

Jelkan Slime

May 15, 2017
    Male
    7:25 AM
    Thank you for the replies, you guys are awesome!

• Like Like x 1