1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Make channel exclusive GM buffs and announce when they're being given on each individual channel

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Zombotrox, May 23, 2017.

1. Zombotrox

Zombotrox Brown Teddy

Aug 31, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    9:41 PM
    Zombotrox/Zombage
    Excuse my language in this post but I am so fucking pissed off. I was at GS2 for around 14 fucking hours, 14 FUCKING HOURS on channel 5 and moved to channel 1 at one minute left for GM buffs to be given. Trying to get back to channel 5 GS2, I crashed twice, FUCKING TWICE, AND NOT ONLY THAT, I GET BACK TO GS2 CHANNEL 5 AND MY CHANNEL IS TAAAAAAAAKENNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN AFTER BEING THERE FOR 14 HOURS JUST BECAUSE I WANTED SOME FUCKING HOLY SYMBOL. After my channel was taken, last call for buffs were made and I crashed.. TRYING TO GET THE REBUFFS SO I DIDN'T GET THEM AT ALL. THAT'S A TOTAL OF THREE CRASHES, THREE, TRYING TO GET BUFFS.

Please, make channel exclusive GM buffs so I don't have to go to an overcrowded fucking tenement of people just to FUCKING crash 500000000000000000000000000000000000000 times AND END UP NOT GETTING BUFFS AT ALL, AND AT THE SAME TIME, LOSING MY SPOT THAT I WAS AT FOR 14(14)14(14)14(14)14 HOURS!!!!!

---
    Censored: Make it so that a GM(s) has to go to each individual channel to give buffs at the FM so less people crash going to an overcrowded area where people spam spells and spam text, etc. If this can't be implemented and if time can't be split for just an extra few minutes to reduce crashes and satisfy more people, I really do not see a reason why people who are GMs, that don't want to spend the extra time and effort to satisfy people, should be GMs.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    9:41 AM
    Moderator Post
    We are sorry you had an unpleasant experience with a GM buff event.

Every GM does GM buffs differently and while some do at all FM channels, I usually just do Channel 1 and 2.

To be fair though if you were at GS2 for 14 hours there's maybe a time that someone else have a go.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    1:41 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    You have played MapleStory for 14 hour(s). We suggest you take a break from Mapling.

Maybe you should get some sleep?

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Zombotrox

Zombotrox Brown Teddy

Aug 31, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    Zombotrox/Zombage
    I did share the channel for a few while I went to go eat and when I went channel surfing (after crashing three times), everyone (for the most part) that had previously come to channel 5 were in the first 4 channels. There are some people that have goals (mine was lv50-70) to mega grind and when on those grinds, we thirst and stay to train for many hours and once the goal is met, then that's when we leave. I know you're speaking out of morality, but there is no rule saying how long a person can stay in one spot, just so long as they are the map owner, which I was, within all times I was at GS2 (except when I shared the map and afked for 20-30 while waiting for my friend to leave). Pushing the fact that I was there for 14 hours aside, I still think there needs to be a workaround for crashes without necessarily "fixing" the issue to the very core and what I've suggested is a workaround that should be applied for all GMs. You'll get more satisfied players too.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Zombotrox

Zombotrox Brown Teddy

Aug 31, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    Zombotrox/Zombage
    I already sleep a lot more than the average person. Today was an exception since I was determined to mega grind from 50 to 3rd job. When I stay up for a long time, I stay up for a long time and make sure that the goal I set is met and the goal I set was of course, not possible within only 14 hours.

6. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    3:41 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    PPL2PASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like Like x 11
  7. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    There's also no rule saying anyone is entitled to GM buffs.

That said, it is a shame we are still having these dc issues, which is the biggest problem I think. That is really the most noticeably buggly Legends has ever been. It would also have been nice for the GMs to do a buff on all channels. It really sucks to lose your GM buffs to a dc.

But venting all your frustration out here screaming at the GMs because you've been playing 14 hours straight and wanted to grind MORE is childish. For real, get a life. Or just party someone, since if you both have gm buffs, a 2-3 person party is actually extremely good.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    4:41 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    3 people with gm buffs at mp3 is better than alone in gs2 (or 2 people in gs2)

• Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Zombotrox

Zombotrox Brown Teddy

Aug 31, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    Zombotrox/Zombage
    I am tired as fuck, about to fucking pass out because staying up this long and being this angry is not good for me. It is my fault, but really, this is something I do only several times a year. If I have no one to vent to, I can vent to the forums if I fucking want to and specifically make a censored version as a way to distribute what I would have said if I was in a collected manner, but I'm fucking not. If we all had a life, we all wouldn't be people whom have grinded hundreds, maybe even thousands of hours on an online game. We don't have lives, for the time being and it doesn't fucking matter because it isnt' relevant to me, specifically. I'm grinding and spending as much time on games as I possibly can before responsibilities and adulthood hit me and I am not a single fucking inch towards regret. I really don't care if the way I've distributed this information was " " " "childish" " " " as it doesn't make it any less true.

10. OP
    OP
    Zombotrox

Zombotrox Brown Teddy

Aug 31, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    Zombotrox/Zombage
    Even so, it wouldn't have mattered because I crashed so many times that I couldn't get the buffs even if I wanted to.

11. Serin

Serin Game Moderator Staff Member Game Moderator

Apr 10, 2017
    Korea
    4:41 PM
    *Pats you* I know how you feel! If it makes you feel any better, I stayed in GS2 for 4 days straight without sleep (or if I did sleep, I passed it to a friend) and gave up gm buffs cause MAP > GM BUFFS.
    But GM's are so busy busy and GM buffs are like a luxury, so get at own risk!

• Like Like x 6
  12. OP
    OP
    Zombotrox

Zombotrox Brown Teddy

Aug 31, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    Zombotrox/Zombage
    I kept it in the back of my head that I was going to crash and lo and behold, it managed to happen, not once, but three times. I expected it to happen once, but three is just too much. I now learned that I'm just going to keep my alt at whatever map I'm at if I'm going for GM buffs. It's what I originally did but had to go bring my alt to NLC to repot. Oh well, props to you for staying there for 4 days straight, haha. Props to the real ass troopers who grind whenever they have the fucking chance and fuck the people who say otherwise.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Serin

Serin Game Moderator Staff Member Game Moderator

Apr 10, 2017
    Korea
    Goodluck to you~~~! ^p^)bbbb
    Just keep a scary looking char in the map and people will poof! :p //pls love our gms they try hard

• Like Like x 3
  14. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    3:41 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    Busy following you around! MapleF17

• Like Like x 2
  15. iChecco

iChecco Slimy

Jun 21, 2015
    My House
    LegoIas
    Bowmaster
    Demure
    Are you fucking done spamming "fucking"

• Like Like x 1
  16. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Can we all agree this CC dc bug is like a growing tumor that needs to be removed ASAP?

• Like Like x 8
  17. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Yes it is. Now that I'm thinking about it, the best place to solve this is to think of when it STARTED? Which update/change was it??

• Like Like x 1
  18. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    It started right after you disbanded your guild...

19. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    It started around the Anni patch but as far as i remember Kim saying, she wasn't able to pinpoint the exact entity that is causing the crashes.

20. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Still is the case sadly.