1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Need help for training spots (3rd job bowman)

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by qwertychii, May 24, 2017.

1. qwertychii

qwertychii Red Snail

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    3:59 PM
    Sugarcane
    Hunter
    Hello, thank you for reading! I'm just wondering if any experienced rangers/bm can share their training spots for 3rd job? In particular, should I go AR build or Strafe build? My bowman is undergoing the torturous hp-washing without any funding which means i have 89 base int, decreasing my damage significantly. Currently using a kandiva bow with 82wa, gonna scroll 7x 60%. Thank you for your advices!

2. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    3:59 AM
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    arrow rain is the faster option for grinding, once it's at a decent level you can do GS2, Windraiders, Gobies, or Spirit Vikings (there's a semi safe spot to stand and spam AR)

3. fryber

fryber Windraider

Jun 1, 2015
    Male
    Out of sight, out of time
    2:59 AM
    OpTiC
    Sniper, Marksman
    Beaters
    TFW top 2 Marksman are giving advice to a future BM.

That said, Arrow Rain will generally be faster, but if you can track Headless Horseman like RiusczRiuscz then you can do magical things.

• Like Like x 2
  4. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    i like to think of that strafe build as an outlier because you have to be an animal to do that LOL

TriHard RiusczRiuscz TriHard

• Like Like x 2
  5. OP
    OP
    qwertychii

qwertychii Red Snail

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Sugarcane
    Hunter
    Thank you for those speedy responses! May I also ask what would the rough outline for training be like? For example, 70 - 80 gs2 and so on!

6. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    (disclaimer that i'm a marksmen, but it shouldn't be too different)

70-80: GS2, Voodoos/Hoodoos, or Windraiders
    80+: GS2, Windraiders, Gobies, Spirit Vikings (special platform to stand on)
    90+: Headless Horseman (need puppet), Windraiders, Gobies, Spirit Vikings, Nightshadows, Galloperas/Himes (need priest), buy leech (???? if you have money)

personally I mainly went windraiders -> spirit vikings

• Like Like x 3
  7. fryber

fryber Windraider

Jun 1, 2015
    Male
    Out of sight, out of time
    2:59 AM
    OpTiC
    Sniper, Marksman
    Beaters
    My own training regiment went something like:

70-81 GS2
    81-120 Spirit Vikings
    100-120 Leech

Galloperas are something that's probably good with Arrow Rain.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Luigiano

Luigiano Red Snail

May 28, 2015
    9:59 AM
    Bowmaster
    as a active bowmaster
    gs 2 till 100
    zakum/HT till 200
    dont hp wash, overrated

• Like Like x 4
  9. Riuscz

Riuscz Red Snail

Mar 9, 2017
    Male
    Riuscz
    Bowman
    Eternal
    I did WR from 69-82, then switch to HH till 120 with leech.

WR will be a good place to start by till 80, u can lure them and arrow bomb. Since they are easily to KB, once u hit it, u won't get hit basicislly. Will show u around when u online.

If u going to do HH strat, u will need at least lv6 on puppet, and is recommended to be washed if u want to do HH, if u don't have enough nx to wash, do blood wash, sacrifice some damage in order to survive.

If u going AR build, u can do wolf spider at 8x, there is a safe spot for u to stand, after that u can do gallos or mainly focus on HH when u hit 100.

It the end, it comes to your dedication, if u going to hard core animals type, u can try straft HH build. If not, stick to the arrow rain grinding build

• Like Like x 2