1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Raising the level cap of KPQ?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ItsUmbreon, May 30, 2017.

Would you like the level cap of the KPQ raised from 30 to 35?

1. Yes

61.1%
  2. No

16.7%
  3. Dont Care

22.2%
  1. ItsUmbreon

ItsUmbreon Blue Snail

May 30, 2017
    Male
    12:44 AM
    ItsUmbreonx
    Gunslinger
    Hey I figured I would just throw out this suggestion on the off chance it hasn't been brought up. Since the CPQ is pretty much a freaking nightmare to code for a private server (based on my limited understanding of engines), I was wondering if it wouldn't be easier to raise the level cap of the KPQ from 30 to 35. This would allow some semblance of stability in the early leveling process, hopefully, without causing too much stress on the programmers and administrators so they could focus more on end game content for higher leveled players. This hopefully simple fix would also have the bonus effect of mitigating or altogether removing other similar suggestions, thus simplifying the potential workload of the programmers and administrators.

It's been my experience that there's this five-ten level vacuum of grinding that all maplers must go through after their second job before they can regularly join LPQ's. This of course can be seen as a right of passage and while many people enjoy it, there are some such as myself who enjoy the human interaction aspect of a private server. The simplest solution I could think of would be to simply raise the level cap of the KPQ to a minimum of 35. Hope my suggestion is helpful without being overbearing, I know yall guys have gotta be busy as fuck running a private server, its definitely a greater burden that I could bear.

As a side note I completely understand that preserving as much of the original v62 experience as humanly possible is one of the main goals of Maple Legends, and it's definitely that ideology that attracted me to this server in the first place, but it is my hope that this potential change would almost entirely unaffect the nostalgic experience of the server while attracting more people to the server and easing the pain of many maplers.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Kilts

Kilts Blue Snail

May 28, 2017
    Male
    1:44 AM
    Kilts
    Cleric
    As bad as I feel the exp is for 31-35 from KPQ versus quests and leveling (maybe I'm wrong here), I do feel like I would enjoy this change. Honestly I don't even pq that much, I used KPQ sparingly and I've completely skipped LPQ, but it's nice leveling and questing while knowing that if I want a slower more social option I always have that choice. I feel like having KPQ available through those five levels doesn't offer that much of an advantage but could offer that same comfort to other players as they deal with the initial second job mini-grind.

On the flip side, I admittedly wouldn't really be bothered if this never happened.

3. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    11:44 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Or maybe an even simpler solution would be to start doing quests.

There's lot of good quests you probably missed from levels 21-30 ... if you did many quests before KPQ even. And then there's all the Ariant quests, the stuff in Shanghai and Ximending, even a few Orbis or Ludibrium quests to keep you occupied.

It is absolutely not an arduous process at all to reach level 35 or 40 even by yourself.

• Like Like x 5
  4. OP
    OP
    ItsUmbreon

ItsUmbreon Blue Snail

May 30, 2017
    Male
    12:44 AM
    ItsUmbreonx
    Gunslinger
    I mean for sure that point is valid, of course there are quests and stuff to kind of shunt my original suggestion (with the extra XP rate from turning in quests), but maplestory is at heart a korean style grindy type of leveling experience. Even with quests you have to grind in order to complete a majority of them (excluding the dexterity based jump quests and whatnot). I'm not asking to remove the level cap in its entirety, only to raise it just enough that the early leveling process would flow more fluidly without just being oversimplified and childish like maplestory nowadays. If people want to quest and grind they can absolutely do so, but being able to finish the KPQ cycle and head immediately to LPQ, and then to LMPQ would change the fundamental dynamic of the social interactions in the game. The early levels would be less about spending time in empty maps like henesys hunting ground and more about growing friendships and reminiscing about v62 as a community. The community would feel closer because it would be closer, it would be more inviting because it would feel less like a solo player maplestory with random smegas sprinkled in.

In any rate this may not necessarily be even feasible. I assume that the programmers for the server are often occupied and if raising the level cap would cause too much stress and strain then the need for discourse would pretty much be entirely academic.

5. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    7:44 AM
    Beginner
    I feel raising the cap 5 levels would enhance the experience, without disturbing the balance.

6. Jelkan

Jelkan Slime

May 15, 2017
    Male
    10:44 PM
    I agree, I see no harm raising the level cap for KPQ. Especially for just 5 levels. Even 10 levels would be fine with me. KPQ has a very small level range where people can go from the minimum to the maximum level in just 1-2 days right now. Expanding this range would be nice and imo an overall enhancement.

7. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    Maybe create a poll?

8. xAznAce

xAznAce Master Chronos

May 19, 2017
    Male
    Encounter with Buddha
    Jyugo
    Chief Bandit
    Unworthy
    I agree with this. I did quests and it took me half a day to reach level35.