1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

2x EXP/Drop events

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Madiba, May 30, 2017.

1. OP
    OP
    Madiba

Madiba Brown Teddy

May 1, 2017
    Male
    1:44 PM
    Madiba
    Assassin
    Beaters
    I can live with that :)

2. Blueberry

Blueberry Pink Teddy

Apr 2, 2017
    Male
    Israel
    6:44 AM
    Danix
    Beginner
    It's because people grew impatient nowadays.
    We're already at 2x EXP, unlike GMS back in the days. There is no need for another 2x.

• Like Like x 3
  3. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    5:44 AM
    Moderator Post
    This is why so many servers fail that try to compete with higher ups; they try to satisfy the same audience by being an exact clone. Like, imagine if we were a MapleRoyals clone, almost everything identical. Why would people play the server when there's same thing with much more users? Of course there's a few exceptions (ex: Saga, Rien) that try create their own audience with unique gameplay

The point of Legends is to please a different audience, by being a different server. Yes, its still kinda shitty that sooo many come here and ask which is better; MapleRoyals or MapleLegends even though I personally think both besides being a 'Pre big bang server' are barely comparable, I do not try to compete with Royals and their user base, since I have no interest in a lot of things they offer and a lot of things on how their server is managed. Its still great however a lot from Royals came here recently and have a blast, makes me pretty happy :)

I already said from day 1 that the audience for higher rates/more casual gameplay is higher, and I completely agree with you there. However, that doesn't mean I want compete with those users by making Legends easier besides making some things a tiny bit less tedious. I think 2x EXP/DROP rates are pretty useless since all they do is make the server overal easier and make users that actually worked hard on their things (the veterans) feel shit that new users have it much easier. Even now that is already the case since much more items such as chaos scrolls are available compared to last year, but I think (and I am pretty sure we all agree on that) more item availability isn't a bad thing.

• Like Like x 10
  4. GilDesuka

GilDesuka Capt. Latanica

Nov 6, 2016
    Earth
    6:44 AM
    Kotone, JellyFish, Yesterday, ApplePi
    Beginner, Islander, I/L Wizard, Bandit
    Yeah but those who weren't online or able to receive a 10 minute notice are most likely the people who didn't loose any grinding/farming time during the maintenance to begin with.
    This server has low rates for a reason. If someone has to have scheduled high rates in order to enjoy, maybe they should play a high rate server... I also agree with all the negative consequences that were already mentioned: some people will only log in for the event, it will cause a drop in motivation when the events are over, etc.
    This kind of thing might be good for rewarding the community for something once in a very long time, or compensating for a roll back, but definitely not as a routine thing imo.

• Like Like x 3
  5. OP
    OP
    Madiba

Madiba Brown Teddy

May 1, 2017
    Male
    1:44 PM
    Madiba
    Assassin
    Beaters
    KimberlyKimberly
    MapleF2 Nah thats cool, completely understandable. I was a GM for a high rate server a couple years back and it died within about 6 months because there was just no challenge. So i love how legends is challenging and sticks to the original game. Its been years since ive played and ive tried to come back to GMS over the years but its just way too complicated and easy now, glad that i found a server that was so close to the game loved.

A lot of people have said that this shouldnt be a routine thing, and im starting to understand why, but it would be cool if it happened on a very special day (eg. hitting a MAJOR milestone or a major event/holiday). I guess originally this idea was just something that i remembered that happened in GMS but i see how regular 2x drop could break the market.

Thanks for the feedback guys!

• Like Like x 2