1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

A question about playing while banned

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Benizakura, Jun 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Benizakura

Benizakura Mushmom

Jun 12, 2016
    Male
    new zealand, wellington
    7:25 AM
    I/L Wizard
    So i got banned once for advertising another server to my friend. I made a new account about 6 months later and i got banned for ban evasion after a few months iirc. My account was ''Account banned permanently'' but this is what Navi said :

''I believe there was an administrative error that occurred which only placed an account ban on your account whenever the previous issue in question occurred, when in fact it should really have been an IP ban based on the language in the Terms of Service Rule 1.2 regarding advertising. You are correct that had your ban been categorized as an account ban, the ban evasion rule would not have been applicable; however, because it was categorized as a permanent ban, but was simple incorrectly applied to your account, that is why the ban evasion rule went into effect. However, we understand that it was not intentional ban evasion on your part, which is why we will be providing a full refund of your donation back to you. Our apologies for the miscommunication, inconvenience, and oversight.''

I appreciate that you returned my money back, i really am. But i'm starting to doubt your reply Navi, you never changed the rules. There might be people who will have the same problem as i did.

I want to come back, but will i get banned again? I can't be IP banned because this is what the rules say :

Unofficial CommercePermanent Ban Permanent Ban

Any unofficial advertising and/or sale of goods or services (either real-world or in-game) for real-world currency, including but not limited to the promotion of other MapleStory private servers or the purchase/sale of accounts, mesos, items, or leeching, is prohibited. While you are absolutely free to discuss your memories, experiences, or thoughts regarding other MapleStory private servers, any recruiting for another server will result in a permanent ban. Although we highly encourage abbreviating names of other servers, we will not censor you or punish you for simply mentioning them.

Ban Evasion 1st offense: Doubled Punishment
    2nd offense: Permanent Ban

Evading a ban is prohibited. If you have received a ban, there was a good reason for it, and attempting to bypass your punishment will simply lead to an even harsher punishment. We kindly ask that you serve the duration of your ban, and learn from your past mistakes.

So i am not IP banned, so i can play from different PC, different internet, different account.

Or i'm a little confused, am i banned forever as a person or is my account just banned, because i clearly did get '' Account permanently banned '' and the rules STILL don't say anything about being IP banned.

Account permanent ban cannot mean that you're account banned on every account that you create, like seriously wtf? Isn't IP banned easier anyways...

Well looks like i can still play here :D

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  2. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    12:25 AM
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    Permanent Ban = IP Ban

3. OP
    OP
    Benizakura

Benizakura Mushmom

Jun 12, 2016
    Male
    new zealand, wellington
    I/L Wizard
    On other games people never got IP banned but they indeed got permanently banned, still playing though. Why doesn't the rules say nothing about IP ban?

Also i need a proper explanation, am i banned as a person or what? What does permanent ban mean in MapleLegends? You guys never explained this.

Also what if i play from different PC, different internet connection which means a different IP address while creating a new account?

Last edited: Jun 16, 2017
  4. Chris

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    I really do not know how to make this any clearer. Perm Ban = IP Ban, therefor you as a person are not allowed to play here anymore. Account ban means the acc you were playing on is ban but you would still be allowed to make others and continue playing.

This was explained to you in your ban appeal.

5. OP
    OP
    Benizakura

Benizakura Mushmom

Jun 12, 2016
    Male
    new zealand, wellington
    I/L Wizard
    '' This ID has been blocked permanently, so you won't be able to use this account ''

It also said that i've been blocked for using illegal tools or hacking, haha funny i never used anything when i got banned for ''ban evading.''

This is what i got, so i'm all good on making a new account and playing here?

6. Chris

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    You were permanently banned from Legends which means you are not allowed to play despite how many accounts you make.

7. OP
    OP
    Benizakura

Benizakura Mushmom

Jun 12, 2016
    Male
    new zealand, wellington
    I/L Wizard
    But it doesn't say i'm permanently banned or anything. Blocked doesn't mean permanent or IP banned xDDDD or person banned whatever lmao

Where does it read that i can't make a new account and play without any problems?

Sorry i don't trust game masters, i've had enough of corrupted liars on Royals, and you're new so :D ...

8. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    1:25 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  9. OP
    OP
    Benizakura

Benizakura Mushmom

Jun 12, 2016
    Male
    new zealand, wellington
    I/L Wizard
    x) <3

10. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    PERMANENT BAN MEANS IP BAN. IP BAN MEANS YOU CANT PLAY FROM NEW ACCOUNTS BECAUSE YOUR IP IS BANNED ANYWAYS.
    ACCOUNT BAN MEANS ONLY THE ACCOUNT IS BANNED SO YOU ARE FREE TO PLAY ON NEW ACCOUNTS

What don't you understand? Really.

• Like Like x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    Benizakura

Benizakura Mushmom

Jun 12, 2016
    Male
    new zealand, wellington
    I/L Wizard
    BUT ON EVERY OTHER GAME PERMANENT BAN ISN'T IP BANNED SO THAT'S WHY I'M SO CONFUSED !! It's not my problem that people can't explain things for shit

Anyways i guess i have to create a new account from different PC and IP address :p

12. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    [​IMG]

13. OP
    OP
    Benizakura

Benizakura Mushmom

Jun 12, 2016
    Male
    new zealand, wellington
    I/L Wizard
    Okay now you're irritating me x) So i've had many account bans and permanent bans on many games, i never got IP banned. Even on different MS servers i could play because i didn't get IP BANNED.

jeez :D

14. OP
    OP
    Benizakura

Benizakura Mushmom

Jun 12, 2016
    Male
    new zealand, wellington
    I/L Wizard
    If you Staff members could explain and create better rules that would be great, because obviously someone is gonna be like WTF if you can't play anymore after getting permanently banned. I mean i did get permanently banned on original MS way back in 2006 but i never got banned again after creating a new account.

15. OP
    OP
    Benizakura

Benizakura Mushmom

Jun 12, 2016
    Male
    new zealand, wellington
    I/L Wizard
    IP ban me or go home, or stay home what ever

I won't believe i'm IP banned unless i am

16. Galcian

Galcian Mushmom

Jun 1, 2017
    Male
    Galcian
    Pirate
    Holy cow this thread is great.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Pieter

Pieter Slimy

Aug 3, 2015
    Male
    6:25 AM
    Pieter
    Marksman
    Demure
    Alright so is ur english worse than mine to understand what Chris is trying to say?
    Just take the Loss and move on BenizakuraBenizakura
    FoxBye

18. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    10:25 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Please go bother Royals or some other shitty server....

OnionDeaf

• Like Like x 4
  19. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    Reminds me of my cousin.... mofo got his license suspended for DUI, figured he could drive anyway "because no one said I couldn't, it don't say that no wheres!"
    Then got pulled over and arrested again for driving with a suspended license. He was all "someone splain this to me, ah just don't get it!"
    Next brilliant little bit of logic? "Well I'll just go get me a license from Alabama then and bring it here".
    Currently serving almost a year.

It's everywhere. :sick:

• Like Like x 3
  20. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    6:25 AM
    Moderator Post
    You are not welcome here because you were permanent banned, and won't be unbanned.

Fine I'll IP ban you on forums as well than.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.