1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

New player here! Making a dexless sin, advice please <3

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Blaze0, Jul 9, 2017.

1. Blaze0

Blaze0 Mano

Jul 3, 2017
    Male
    1:10 AM
    Vox1337
    As the title states, I am new here and last time I played pre BB was literally pre BB.
    Now I've always played Thief, and going for Night Lord. Back in the day, I was super poor, so I went with a dex build. Theres no difference now, but this time I wanna make money and go dexless.
    As far as equips go, I have no idea what to go for. I have never had a succesful dexless sin.
    And also, as far as making money, how do I go about it? I can imagine that I need quite a lot of money to have good equips. Any help with this would be great.
    And if someone could even make an equipment list, listing what levels I should go for what, would be amazing. Thanks guys!

2. upbeat

upbeat Slime

Jul 1, 2017
    Male
    cali, bitchezzz
    4:10 PM
    viceroys
    Cleric, Assassin
    I'm pretty new too with a lv 36 sin rn and I'd think your first character as a dexless sin would be a bit hard to fund. You're gonna start out here broke af barely scraping by for money for pots. I'd recommend going bishop or just building regular dex if it's your first character on the server

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. James M

James M Mixed Golem

Apr 9, 2017
    Male
    Texas
    6:10 PM
    GosuDesu
    Buccaneer
    TreeHouse
    Maybe go for a mage if you want to bank up to fund another character

4. OP
    OP
    Blaze0

Blaze0 Mano

Jul 3, 2017
    Male
    Vox1337
    How does mages make more money? Probably a dumb question, but I don't know.

5. James M

James M Mixed Golem

Apr 9, 2017
    Male
    Texas
    GosuDesu
    Buccaneer
    TreeHouse
    Even unfunded, 4th job mages can 2-3hit lv120+ mobs with ease.
    All you need to worry about are getting the necessary skill books and potions.
    People will buy leech from you, loots are aplenty, and gachapon tickets

6. James M

James M Mixed Golem

Apr 9, 2017
    Male
    Texas
    GosuDesu
    Buccaneer
    TreeHouse
    Or play a class that isn't so hard to fund. I wanted to play sin first but I was new, so I just went pirate cause I wanted to try it out. Pretty worth though.

7. OP
    OP
    Blaze0

Blaze0 Mano

Jul 3, 2017
    Male
    Vox1337
    Should I just go something like cleric then? What would the AP distribution look like?

8. MilkMagician

MilkMagician Red Snail

Jun 22, 2016
    7:10 PM
    MilkMagician
    Magician
    As a mage, even unfunded, I'd recommend going Lukless. Apply all AP into int and you'll be much stronger and have more MP.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Blaze0

Blaze0 Mano

Jul 3, 2017
    Male
    Vox1337
    Wont I need specific expensive gear? Might be wrong though, INT is pretty cheap right?

10. MilkMagician

MilkMagician Red Snail

Jun 22, 2016
    MilkMagician
    Magician
    INT gear and scrolls are on the more expensive side. But you'll only have to purchase a few weapons for the life of the character, and the value of the gear doesn't generally drop in price.

So if you can only afford a 10int bathrobe at first, you can sell it later on to get a 15 int bathrobe. The equips that require LUK might be cheap, but you'll have to buy them more often, and finding one thats scrolled is hard to find compared to the luckless options.

11. OP
    OP
    Blaze0

Blaze0 Mano

Jul 3, 2017
    Male
    Vox1337
    Alright. Question though! Is lukless Cleric alright? Or should I go with something else. I am really clueless when it comes to mages. And what weapons should I go for, and at what level. Thanks for the help mate!

12. xAznAce

xAznAce Master Chronos

May 19, 2017
    Male
    Encounter with Buddha
    Jyugo
    Chief Bandit
    Unworthy
    Dexless is not the right choice, as it falls off later in the game. I highly recommend to go low dex and don't forget to HP wash!

13. MilkMagician

MilkMagician Red Snail

Jun 22, 2016
    MilkMagician
    Magician
    Lukless cleric should be totally fine. Bishops are one of the best classes in the game for a new player. As for the weapons, stick to the lvl 8 magician wand at first and then use maple weapons since they don't require luck. Later in the game you can go to an elemental wand that doesn't require luck.

Also check out the guides section of the forum, I'm sure there's more than a few for starting off a magician :)

14. OP
    OP
    Blaze0

Blaze0 Mano

Jul 3, 2017
    Male
    Vox1337
    Why does dexless fall off later on? And what is the real difference between low dex and dexless, how high dex should a low dex have? And also HP wash? I am sorry, I just don't understand a lot about this game yet, always just played it for fun.. :p

15. OP
    OP
    Blaze0

Blaze0 Mano

Jul 3, 2017
    Male
    Vox1337
    Thanks for all the help mate!

16. MilkMagician

MilkMagician Red Snail

Jun 22, 2016
    MilkMagician
    Magician
    Not sure about the dexless sin info, but HP washing is a way to use INT to generate more MP for a character, and then use AP resets to move that extra MP over to HP. There's a specific way to do it, and there are guides for that as well.

Sure thing!

17. xAznAce

xAznAce Master Chronos

May 19, 2017
    Male
    Encounter with Buddha
    Jyugo
    Chief Bandit
    Unworthy
    A dexless sin can not wear the best end game equips, which results in the damage being lack luster. Low dex can wear them if you scroll all your gear for dex. This results in low dex sins having a much higher and stable damage output due to the extra ATT dmg from equips. Myself I am a low dex chief bandit, with my base dex sitting at 75. With equips, my dex is 150 which means I can wear all the strongest weapons.

18. OP
    OP
    Blaze0

Blaze0 Mano

Jul 3, 2017
    Male
    Vox1337
    So my dex should be at 75? Is that a low dex thief?

19. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    Depends on what you refer to as dexless.

A dexless craven/sleeve user is what you want to aim for.
    While a dexless, nightraven/skanda user is okay but it falls off towards the later stages.

20. xAznAce

xAznAce Master Chronos

May 19, 2017
    Male
    Encounter with Buddha
    Jyugo
    Chief Bandit
    Unworthy
    75 or 80 is optimal in my opinion. This will give you the highest possible damage output on later levels. Some people get dex up to 90, which makes it all cheaper as you have to buy less scrolls, but in my experience 75 dex is very doable too.