1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Completed Scheduled Maintenance - July 14th, 2017

Discussion in 'Maintenances' started by Poofcakes, Jul 13, 2017.

1. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    12:12 AM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    There is no deal though. The fact of it is DK's would recieve a nerf from party play due to this change. Compare it to nerfing Sharp Eyes for everyone except the bowman. It would be a huge issue to the community. Just because one skill gives damage & the other gives HP, doesn't make it less of a problem.

2. Ed

Ed Mano

Jan 8, 2017
    Male
    4:12 PM
    WhollyCymbal, SpearheadEd
    Dark Knight, Bishop
    Demure
    This is actually only half correct. Although Warriors require the fewest INT/extra MP per wash, making washing easy, DrKs actually require the highest number of washes (assuming you are comparing a DrK getting to 18.6k HP clean and an NL/MM/BM getting to 5.6k clean). Of course, you don't NEED to get to 30k HP with HB, but not doing so severely hinders your ability to safely Zerk.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    7:12 PM
    Slave
    ??? Hello, DrKs don't use the fewest washes - they generally use quite a bit of AP to get to 30k; they just use far less on the INT resetting, if, any base int is involved. Washing to 30k is quite a bit for them because it is absolutely critical they do this by a "decent" end-game level i.e. 15x~16x (imo).

Washing to 30k is unrealistic at that point but not necessary for most other classes - you could wash thieves and DPS classes to 30k but it's a whole different context.

Also, they are not the only class you can start unfunded and wash. Even before the reset, you could have started almost any class "unfunded" and washed; I wouldn't count pirates, but the other classes have a -12 MP requirement for washing per wash, meaning 120 int per wash. You don't have to get to 120 base INT, but you could easily go for 40-60 base INT and try to work from there, meaning yes, only 1 wash every 3 or 2 levels, but still fairly doable. Again, not for 30k, sure, but DPS classes only need ~5.6k or so for HT which is at 160 and that's about 100 wash or a little less at that point.

As for "the only class to get to 30k," you mention warriors and fail to mention heroes and paladins? Considering that hero has the highest base HP in the game and also only requires -4 MP per wash?

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Pieter

Pieter Slimy

Aug 3, 2015
    Male
    1:12 AM
    Pieter
    Marksman
    Demure
    u mean Rope Mule Matters?

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    but muh hb

6. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    What I want to say has already been said by multiple players here.

Thank you for taking your time to type up all of these thoughts on the matter, everyone. This is some good shit.

I'll just give my tldr;

It's been 2 1/2 years since I joined this server, and I'm really surprised to see this happening.
    Please don't drop the AP reset price. All of my nope, all of their nope. Kimberly, you have a great history of listening to your players, and this is a huge deal. Even previous staff members are here to give their nopes. This AP reset change won't just affect the OG's, it won't just affect the new players, and it won't just affect both. It won't just affect any particular population. There will be other secondary effects that are harmful, as mentioned previously in this thread. Please don't do this.

• Agree Agree x 7
  7. Snake

Snake Brown Teddy

Apr 29, 2017
    Male
    Uh yes they DO use the least amount of washes by far. Getting to 18750 HP doesn't require that many washes at all if you can stomach not having 30k at 150. By my experience it can be done with about 120 washes if you set out to not waste any resets. 120 resets is 480 mp used. Which means you can easily do it without any funding/int base as long as you grab a zhelm/htp at some point and maybe some super basic int gear as you go.

And yeah. I don't think a getting a hero or a paladin to 30k should be done unfunded as they actually need a decent amount of surplus mp to get 30k. You can of course roll with int base if you want but they're not as straight forward to get 30k on when unfunded.

8. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    8:12 PM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Not having 30k as a dk at level 150 is the same as giving up on doing dmg, you can't zerk efficiently like that, so either you wash hard or you just suck.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Snake

Snake Brown Teddy

Apr 29, 2017
    Male
    Cool opinion. Not a requirement though.

t. someone who actually has played and zerked with less than 30k at ht with no issues.

"All opinions are welcome as long as they are the same as mine"

• Like Like x 2
  10. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    memes

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Washing could use a fix just like some other issues but this isn't the way to go.

Also to the people complaining. You knew the price when you made the purchase, you're not entitled to any form of compensation omg lmao.

You're holding back improvements to the server just because you feel you "got the finger" :).

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    5:12 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Haha. "If everyone washes, DKs lose their usefulness." Wait, since when did we care if a class was useful or not? When did we care if skills were useful or not?

We've discussed tons of things like how mage ultimates are imbalanced, NL dps is imbalanced, leeching and HS is imbalanced, 2 mage skills are all but useless and they're not wanted in boss runs, no one gives a crap, well, except white knights got thrown a bone...

Then it seemed the AP reset suggestion was just going to sit there too, but suddenly staff wants to implement it, which I really think would need overwhelming support (it didn't have it). lol Now, the decision is taken back. For now.

Aside from all the craziness, all the summer events look cool!

14. Xeph

Xeph Horny Mushroom

Jun 15, 2017
    Male
    7:12 AM
    Xeph
    Bishop
    Note: Any information mentioned below may be biased.

I have played on about 4 different private servers with royals being the longest. However, there were features about these private servers that had subsequently caused me to leave. Currently, I'm playing MapleLegend and I would like to start off by some points.

1. People actually play the game.
    With limited washing done, people actually grind on their main, be it bowman, thief, pirate and warrior. This is important since you need different classes for party quest to be done which I believed that many people play maple for. To be honest, I don't really see how making an ultra washed character is nostalgic in anyway, because i doubt anyone, or at least 99% of the population has done it in the original Maple.

2. Leeching is limited in MapleLegend.
    Maybe I have not reached the point where leeching is done (> Lv 75) so I do not know accurately how much leeching is done. But at least, I don't see people leeching at teddies, bubbling, etc. I'm not saying leeching is bad, in fact I feel that some leeching should be encouraged for people who are bored of grinding and want to level. However, EXCESSIVE leeching is definitely not the way to go. Just look at royals, given how easy it is to make a bishop and to obtain AP resets for washing, EVERYONE is leeching at royals, be it at lv 30, 60 or at 100+. Nostalgic yeah? How many of you guys actually associate leeching with nostalgic?

With a drop in prices of NX, I highly doubt it's gonna be a case whereby people will obtain their goals faster IMO, but rather a case whereby people aim for higher health, buy more INT EQ and adding more INT which will to a certain extent contribute to leeching. Leeching on one hand not only cuts interaction with people, since you are simply grinding with yourself and pretty much chatting with the people you know from the very beginning, but it also causes the flooding of maps such as gs2, wolf spiders etc. I have not been to skele yet, but I can already assume it's somewhat crowded. Just look at how cancerous leeching is in royals and ask if you really want MapleLegend to transform into MapleLeech.

I will just provide some examples below.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mS6rM2hwugc
    Look at the caption ya - Hey, why not? All the others are doing it.

From my point of view, decreasing the price of NX is simply gonna make MapleLegend into Mapleroyals. Its just a matter of time given the influx of players from royals and the mentality ingrained. And for those who say: '' If you hate it so much, you can simply don't do it.'' Let me just say ya, if something is provided and it gives that much benefits, no one in this world is gonna say no. Rebut me if you have ever hate washing so much that you do not wash on purpose for the sake of hating it. I'm not gonna lie, I do wash, but definitely not to the extent that I have to rely on leeching.

https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...s-exchange-quest-etc-items.12476/#post-111282
    Anyone who has played royals know that the orbis exchange crap is used widely. Given that it is becoming a thing in Legend already, I don't see how leeching will be different.

3. This leads me to my third point. Buff Mules.
    When leeching is done, buff mules will be created simply because it is feasible.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3bA2jFrVUAs
    Just look at this video, other than the bishop, fighter and night lord, what other class do you see? I see nl fighters, bishop and mules. In fact, the number of mules can potentially even formed a party on their own. Is this really the direction MapleLegend is moving towards? A server with ONLY Night Lord and buff mules. It seriously destroys all other classes, in particular those with great buffs and I have to say it sux when u truly enjoy a class with its skills such as SE, SI, HB as an advantage
    given since you are no longer relevant. And for those of you who are guilty of this, sure nostalgic yeah? Why not just play the original maple and make a combination of skills? You mind as well play solo there since you can do it all in 1 character and are playing solo here with a nl anyway.

A team of nl with 1 bishop. Wait, nah just autopot and hs at the end. With a team of 6 nl, truly nostalgic isnt it?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCxKq8Z_Y4Q
    Is this video more nostalgic to you guys, or the video on top? Pretty much why I left royals, a fked up leeching and washing server that claims to be nostalgic.

I cant possibly say all the things, but just wanna point out that having to wait for boat rides (though i do find it mundane and troublesome at times), grinding at low levels on a class other than mage, struggling with pots, having less emphasis on HP Washing have really made me like MapleLegend which NO other servers I have played have been able to replicate.

Though I have not provided any concrete solutions, I believe that there are many out there stated already, and some of them are really viable in my opinion. While I'm not completely against lowering the prices, I do hope that they are not lowered too much to the extent where Legend is a server where people only play mages and leech. And btw, while it is true that you can't bargain with an old product prices, simply saying nothing can be done is just as good as saying: 'hey old players, fuck you but I'm just gonna focus on the new players since they form a greater population of our server.'' I believe the bare minimum is to as least offer some form of compensation.

I always had the impression that Kimberly genuinely care about the community and value their feedbacks (compared to royals where the feedback section is never reviewed and 'soon' is always on the way, for 4 years and counting.) Please do not transform Legend into a HP washing and leeching server. I hope my thoughts and opinion can help. By no means do I want to offend anyone if I ever did. Thanks.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Informative Informative x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Unlucky

Unlucky Mr. Anchor

Aug 8, 2015
    Male
    Australia
    9:12 AM
    Unlucky / Babez
    Project
    PoofcakesPoofcakes Did you seriously remove the dislikes from your post?

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    No, that wasn't me. I didn't mind them.

17. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    It was me. They were reactions from something that now got removed, so I don't see the need for them anymore. I can't revert it anymore, though, so feel free to shout at me if you disagree with it.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. Unlucky

Unlucky Mr. Anchor

Aug 8, 2015
    Male
    Australia
    9:12 AM
    Unlucky / Babez
    Project
    Well it was that it was a bitch move to remove the dislikes and to remove the proposed change all together rather than striking it out and explaining its been postponed. It's important context for this thread.

• Agree Agree x 5
  19. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Details have been re-added to OP. Feel free gather the people to re-dislike it, I can't revert that part.

20. Meredyth

Meredyth Mano

Jun 17, 2017
    Male
    Berlin
    Meredyth
    Assassin
    OnDrugs
    I know that AP resets will not be changed for now, I would still like to state my opinion if it's all right. Even as a fairly new player (about four months now with little time to play), I am against the change.
    The reason is that I am here for nostalgia and hence for enjoying the vanilla Maple experience. I don't leech, I don't HP wash, I don't even go dexless on my sin. I think that this mentality of optimising efficiency (aka make numbers grow as high as possible) is bad for the community. Even now, I feel a certain peer pressure concerning my non-dexless sin -- and when I say that I don't leech, I'm usually met with confusion. I fear that, by making HP washing easier (as in: less time-consuming), it will be all the more expected from other players. In my view, this is a step towards making HP washing less of a (tedious) option for the hardcore and more of a norm to be expected from others. I really do wonder about my chances of joining boss runs at higher levels with a non-dexless, non-HP-washed sin -- while to me it actually appears like I'm playing my char like the vanilla game intended it.

But maybe I'm seeing things wrong?

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1