1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

What made you start playing Maplestory?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Shrek, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Shrek

Shrek Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    New Yawwwkkkkkk
    4:15 PM
    NurseJoy
    Share you experiences here!
    I started one year after vacation, my friend told me about it and I was hooked.

• Creative Creative x 1
  2. Randolph

Randolph Red Snail

Jul 13, 2017
    Male
    Trinh
    I/L Wizard
    I started when I was like 8 and someone I knew started playing it o:
    It's still one of the only MMORPGs I come crawling back to in some shape or form (。◑ヮ◑。).

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jamie

Jamie Cookie Monster Retired Staff

Nov 11, 2016
    I started around 9-10 years old? My friend showed it to me and then suddenly we had an 18h session ?_? oops I still remember that v16 cursor

do want

4. Snake

Snake Brown Teddy

Apr 29, 2017
    Male
    10:15 PM
    Got introduced to the game when I was 14 years old by an old classmate. Kinda funny (or sad) that I'm still coming back to this old game every now and again.

I decided my first character would be a magician and added a bit of all stats because in my head I thought I'd end up with a well rounded character if I did that. To my surprise I didn't have enough INT to advance when I arrived at Grendel, so I ended up killing mobs with regular attacks up till 11. Also decided to go with Magic Bolt instead of Claw and Magic Armor instead of Guard. Good times.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    5:15 AM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    The cutesy style of the game was what first attracted my attention while its rising popularity made me want to try it out.

That decision ended up with me never forgetting MS since first joining in 2007.
    Although i did quit a couples of times in the official servers because i got disillusioned with how the game was progressing.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Kazero

Kazero Snail

Jun 29, 2017
    4:15 AM
    Magician
    I was twelve
    She was beautiful

We parted ways after ruining my exams
    She had such power over me

I'd never been back since
    Yet today, in the vestiges of her past I dwell

Crumbling in the face of her beauty
    As shall the beasts of lore

By my magic claw

• Like Like x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
  7. lepaker

lepaker Snail

Jul 1, 2017
    Male
    SG
    Kawasys
    Bandit
    DONUT
    when Maplestory first released in 2003, my friend told me he got himself a girlfriend through Maplestory. So i tried.

I'm still trying.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  8. sola

sola Blue Snail

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    Perth
    Kabocha
    I/L Wizard
    I played other Korean MMORPGs like SurvivalProject and my friend recommended this to me when I was 14/15. I instantly got hooked, I started off with an Hunter (because no-one liked Archer class pre-4th job creation) and it was unique. I still remember feeling so cool when I bought all the level 50 gear (that gaudy blue overall and the Black rastafarian hat) for him and showing off as a Perma-LPQer (read: I didn't want to hit 51 and actually train x.x)

I got to about 95 then quit for a few years until a mate I met in Uni said he played back in high school so we started it up again. I went as Cleric, him as a Spearman and we trained together until about 14x. Then we both quit, this was around the time of Phantom being introduced IIRC.

9. SwordArt

SwordArt Windraider

Jun 18, 2015
    Male
    2:15 PM
    Paladin
    I was like 8 and my older brother was like "yo cam play this" and I was like PogChamp

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Donate

Donate Mano

Jul 9, 2017
    Singapore
    Donate
    Thief
    Friend started telling me about this awesome game and even lend me his MapleSEA installation disc to get it. Getting the game onto a machine was horrendous, but oh boy was I hooked.

11. OP
    OP
    Shrek

Shrek Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    New Yawwwkkkkkk
    NurseJoy
    I remember when I first made my warrior, I added INT because I wanted him to be smarter.
    #HPWashingBeforeItWasAThing

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Scotty.

Scotty. Horny Mushroom

May 11, 2017
    Male
    1:15 PM
    iamscottyc
    Hermit
    A friend made me an account (to this day never logged on to). Then he told me about private servers which I finally started playing. I didn't officially play gMS till post Big Bang. Weird huh?

13. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    11:15 PM
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    I was 9. A teacher had us urgently volunteer for some unknown project to represent the class. Only one kid bothered to raise his hand and I decided he was cute and probably a good boy for being brave enough to volunteer, so I decided not to let him hang. I volunteered too and we met that afternoon. After realising we had no idea what we're trying to do he asked me if I knew Maplestory, and proceeded to show off how cool his lv 12 thief was against red and blue snails, and how he rose to riches of 72k by shouting 'mesos plz' all over henesys. Needless to say his english needed work. As soon as I got home I looked at my brother with a new light and said "there's a game you have to help me download".
    This game was my gateway to the internet, I might've been a normie if not for that fateful day.

• Like Like x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  14. diggity

diggity Blue Snail

Jul 5, 2017
    Female
    3:15 PM
    diggity
    Magician
    I was in 4th grade and my friend told me to join, we started in beta and i picked to be a mage. I put a lot of points into strength because i wanted to kill the snails faster on maple island so i was a strength mage lol. been playing on and off maplestory ever since, this game too cute to quit :3

15. Riisen

Riisen Blue Snail

Jul 16, 2017
    Female
    Rikke
    Bowman
    I watched my step sister and my older brothers playing it, when i was about 8-9 years old. I asked them to help me, getting a character, and then my brother made a male character for me, which became a warrior. After some time my step sister asked if i didnt want a girl character, and then i got that, and i became a bowmaster in GMS. Since that, bowmaster have been my favorite class. :3
    I dont think i will ever quit it, i have been playing on/off ever since. I dont like GMS anymore, so Im suite happy i found this server. I also tried Royals, but there was so many bugs, and Its not bringing me the same nostalgic feeling as Legends do. I started 2 days ago. ^^

• Like Like x 1
  16. Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    My friend saw this tiny little flash add on some website when we were 13 years old back in 2006. He decided to download that shit(took us only 3 hours). That ended up with us being 6 friends from school playing together and meeting up in lunchbreaks making plans how to do become pro and earn mesos. For example all of us would loot and save bow arroes for the one who was playing an archer since they were so expensive in the stores.

All my friends got tired of the game fast. I played until 2011 before i decided to quit and use my freetime on something else.

Came back to legends in March, and i love it. Only difference now is that im 24, have a house kids and a girlfriend istead of being a shitkid living at my parents house :)

If anyone need bow arrows, please contact me :D:

• Like Like x 2
  17. Rokillers

Rokillers Master Chronos

Mar 4, 2017
    Male
    Fown
    Beginner
    None
    My dad was looking in a magazine, (not the ammo!) and he randomly found maplestory. I was around 3 years old and this was my first time ever playing a computer game. I was named Leo400 ( I really liked the lilo and stitch movie back then and thought that you spelt lilo like Leo... ) and my father started playing at the same time as me with the username of Leo400Dad. Surprisingly I didn't mess up with my stats but my dad did so he created a new character. And soon enough he became one of the first LV 200 warrior out there. ( He was ranked 11 in warriors. So close to top ten :( ) His username now is 1Greathero :/ but still has Leo400dad as a mule xD

• Creative Creative x 1
  18. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    11:15 PM
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    How did you manage to play at 3 years old?

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Rokillers

Rokillers Master Chronos

Mar 4, 2017
    Male
    Fown
    Beginner
    None
    I think my dad was like " touch ctr" and I did and it blew my world. Also he basically helped me with everything cuz he was super rich back then...

20. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    Maplestory has the best art style of all the games I have played MapleF14

• Like Like x 1