1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Adding Regular Store Permit

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Chesong, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Chesong

Chesong Slime

Aug 22, 2017
    Male
    Boston
    3:05 PM
    Moonhead
    Cleric
    It would be really nice if we could buy a regular store permit from the NX store. The aspect I really like about the regular store permit is that it requires users to stand there which adds a lot of value to the social aspect.

From a game perspective:
    1) It allows MapleLegend players a higher oppertunity to get better FM spots. (It allows a lot of FM rotation)
    2) People may argue that they don't like leaving their computer on, but I think that's what allows a lot of FM spots to open up and allows people to rotate good spots.
    3) It also frees up crowded maps. (I haven't seen this problem yet, but when MapleLegend scales, popular maps will be crowded. This allows people to decide whether to train or sell)

From a marketing perspective:
    1) It will show more online users which is great for marketing
    2) It will make FM feel more alive. In FM all we see is shops. In my opinion FM is a great gathering place as well because it's easily accessible from most cities. Usually what I see is people hanging around people who have a regular store permit whether it's their friends or buyers to sort of hang out since the seller can't leave.

There's probably a lot more I forgot to mention as well, but hopefully you'll consider this!

• Disagree Disagree x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
  2. seola

seola Mushmom

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    9:05 PM
    Soobin
    Bishop
    I doubt people would buy them since you get a perm Hired Merchant for only 5.9k NX.. Really no use in adding regular permits.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    12:05 PM
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    No thanks, I'd rather not have further incentive to AFK.

4. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    1:05 PM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    i can only see lvl 10 mules standing there with it lmao

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  5. seola

seola Mushmom

Jun 25, 2017
    Male
    Soobin
    Bishop
    Kind of like all the chalkboards in FM advertising their stores..

• Like Like x 1
  6. cscpx

cscpx Timer

May 17, 2017
    Toronto, Canada
    cscpx
    Priest
    Animals
    I feel ya on the suggestion brotha, but the hired merchant is just the best case scenario

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    10:05 PM
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    I don't see why not. We can keep the hired merchants and just add the regular store at a lower price. More options, and might mix things up a bit.
    And yeah, I'm tired of all the chalkboards, they're pretty pointless and annoying. Aren't match cards enough?

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. unoriginated

unoriginated Orange Mushroom

May 26, 2017
    1:05 PM
    Let's try and not ring up your parents electricity bill, ya?

9. SYLegend

SYLegend Dark Stone Golem

Mar 6, 2015
    Male
    I was surprised to learn that this is currently missing, just thought you never see them because people don't use them. Anyway this is a good suggestion. It's something that was in the original game and is missing right now even tough the server is supposed to be nostalgic. It also will have a small but positive effect on the community and noone is affected by it's addition in a negative way. This is probably the best suggestion I've seen in like a year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    4:05 PM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    If the server becomes big enough, having too many players just afking at fm to sell items will reduce performance and increase lag.
    So I don't think this is a good idea.

11. wokkie

wokkie Mushmom

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Banned
    The only problem that would come up is that people will start to sell there spots.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    Chesong

Chesong Slime

Aug 22, 2017
    Male
    Boston
    Moonhead
    Cleric
    Definitely there are pros and cons and I definitely think it's a hard call to make because finding that perfect balance is hard.

13. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    With the ease that hired merchants bring, I don't see a real point of implementing this unless we remove hired merchants.
    Especially since they are permanent.

14. Marc Antony

Marc Antony Master Chronos

Mar 24, 2016
    Male
    Reagan
    Shadower
    Brave
    This would be a pointless update. I appreciate the effort to circulate the market more, but they are too impractical and will never be used. Forget leaving your computer on- you need to sit your character in one spot. Who's going to do that? Nobody. They were only ever useful in GMS because of their fantastic time limit relative to cost. Here, it'd just be silly to use one. Why bother add them at all?

15. OP
    OP
    Chesong

Chesong Slime

Aug 22, 2017
    Male
    Boston
    Moonhead
    Cleric
    Because of the permanent hired merchants, there's definitely less value in the store permits. Although I'm surprised that the hired merchants are permanent.

16. Zildijian

Zildijian Red Snail

Nov 1, 2016
    Beginner
    N/A
    This is a good fucking idea

• Like Like x 1