1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Which warrior job is the best and why?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rod, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Rod

Rod Selkie Jr.

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    4:53 PM
    Hi guys, I've heard people say that Paladin and Dark Knight are both better picks than Hero. Why is that? Can anyone explain?

2. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    9:53 AM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Heros are there for the speed - taking control of mobs speed
    Paladins are there for the damage - taking advantage of the mobs weaknesses
    Dark Knights are there for the health points - taking hits like a tank

Dark Knight is honestly the best because not only you can tank as a low lvl, it is more fun to play.
    Early on in the game you can start setting your "hp danger zone" and see how well you can grind while staying on a specific health range to prepare for 4th job and Berserk.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Marc Antony

Marc Antony Master Chronos

Mar 24, 2016
    Male
    8:53 AM
    Reagan
    Shadower
    Brave
    Heroes have the best DPM at elemental neutral monsters, so they have the best damage of the three at Horntail and Zakum. Paladins have the best damage at elemental weak monsters, so they have the best damage at Bigfoot and Targa and Scarlion. Dark Knights are the straight up best class of the three and are one of the best classes in the game beside Bishop and Night Lord, they have really good damage, just a little bit worse than Heroes, but have one of the most important party buffs in the game, and are absolutely mandatory at big bosses. They do have some disadvantages though, namely their biggest damage buff in 4th job is locked behind a 200m book. Since they are such a good class they are really popular, and being really popular means their weapons are really expensive, and Berserk 30 is the most expensive book a warrior will need. Most importantly, they need to HP wash to effectively use Berserk, otherwise they forfeit about half their damage. The cost of Berserk, plus the increased cost of weapons, plus the cost of AP resets and Int gear means that they are so so so so expensive compared to the other two warriors and this is relevant because the additional costs could be instead put towards gear on a Hero or Paladin and you'd see a much bigger return.

For second place, it's debatable. Heroes have an easier time in second and third job, but I think that Paladins have an easier time in fourth job. Heroes are certainly swaggier though, Brandish is a really flashy skill and if you want to be the coolest guy in the server and be an axe Hero you have the best looking weapons in the game too. Paladins are cool, Heroes are cool, DKs are hypebeasts, but also cool.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    Rod

Rod Selkie Jr.

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    Thank you guys, that's all I wanted to know.

5. OP
    OP
    Rod

Rod Selkie Jr.

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    You know what though, Neckson was a bit unfair towards fighters, I mean every job have their special party ability (or most of them), SE for bowmasters, SI for buccaneers, HB for Dark Knights, etc... Heroes have Rage that boosts your party members attack, but they added better attack potions, how come they didn't also add potions that give you what those other skills give you? Maybe they shouldn't have added potions with better attack than a job's exclusive skill, but even if they did, they should've made them really really rare.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    11:53 PM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    This isnt correct in Legends because Rage is buffed to give 15wa instead of 10, thus outstripping Warrior Elixirs.

If you wanna talk about unfair, talk instead about how Pages get jack shit for 2nd job. Threaten probably worst unique skill in the game.

Anyways I'd like to say that paladins are 120 levels of slashblasting monotony and then skyrocketing into a diverse, balanced, high damaging and overall ridiculously fun job as soon as you reach pala. You also get to be unique in the sense that people pause in their tracks and go "woah a white knight/paladin". I just love playing pala in general

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Rod

Rod Selkie Jr.

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    What I mean is that DKs are really popular because of their skill 'Hyper Body' and Heroes could also have 'Rage' as a very popular skill since it boosts all the party members's attack. I'm not sure exactly what you mean with Paladin being unfair, I'm just saying that the least played job of warriors is Hero and there must be a reason to that.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    9:53 AM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Not just hb, it is the most fun class to play.
    You actully have to be careful and not let your guard down so you can keep the berserk in-effect so you can output damage.

Most of the other classes are literally spamming 1 skill while playing pokemon showdown

9. OP
    OP
    Rod

Rod Selkie Jr.

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    Yea, I think Heroes are good though, I'm not saying they completely suck compared to the other two, but in my opinion it was a flaw not to make 'Rage' a popular skill, because it makes so much sense a Fighter to have a skill called 'Rage', it fits the job perfectly, however they just shouldn't have made that skill worse than potions. But that's just my opinion.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2017
  10. Marc Antony

Mar 24, 2016
    Male
    Reagan
    Shadower
    Brave
    Second job is sort of lame throughout all classes that aren't mages, it's just a longer version of first job that has better damage.

• Like Like x 1
  11. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Rage IS stronger than potions, as I said in this server Rage gives +15wa compared to the +12wa of warrior elixirs. This makes it good for training and low/mid level bossing. Or am I still misunderstanding you?

Its naturally less "popular" than HB due to the sheer importance of having loads of Hp in this game. +3wa compared to a potion isnt as substantial or tangible a benefit. Not to mention not benefitting mages.

My point was that while fighters and spearmen get party buffs, pages get nothing at all. Now that's bring given the shaft.

Also somehow I seriously dont see how you think heroes are worse than the other 2. Paladins are by far the least common warrior on the server. Heroes are also much more commonly sought after for bossing parties really, they are just more versatile.

12. OP
    OP
    Rod

Rod Selkie Jr.

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    Firstly, I never said heroes are worse than the other 2, I said that people told me heroes were the worse pick and that DK and Paladins were much better picks, hence why I created this topic asking for experienced warrior players to clear this up for me. Also, paladins are not the least common warrior on the server, maybe you haven't been online enough time to see that.

And now that I saw this, your opinion doesn't matter, because you're clearly bias.

[​IMG]

If you really considered Paladins to be the weaker warrior job of all of them, you would've picked another one, so stop complaining.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  13. Marc Antony

Mar 24, 2016
    Male
    Reagan
    Shadower
    Brave
    Heroes are more common than Paladins at higher levels, just go look at the rankings. Paladins got a lot of (much needed) attention during the Maple Legends specific skill balances, so they are more common than they were in GMS during this era, but still, Heroes were dramatically more common then and they still are a bit more common now.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  14. OP
    OP
    Rod

Rod Selkie Jr.

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    They were before paladins got buffed. Newcomers are picking page/spearman over Fighters nowadays.

15. Marc Antony

Mar 24, 2016
    Male
    Reagan
    Shadower
    Brave
    That probably has more to do with the fourth job scenarios, in which Paladins are clearly very powerful in their specific boss fights, compared to Heroes which are supposed to be 'for damage' but only out DPS Dark Knights by 5-10% whenever they aren't being mopped up by Paladins, rather than the Rage situation that you talked about a few posts ago. Neckson wasn't unfair to Heroes.

I would actually like to see some numbers in regards to the 'which is picked more post buff' because I personally feel like I see a lot more Crusaders than White Knights, but idk, I'd just want some numbers.

• Like Like x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Rod

Rod Selkie Jr.

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    Just don't agree with existing attack potions that boost your attack more than an actual job's skill. I think that was a flaw when they added those to the game, of course people would miss them now that they got used to them and they suddently disappeared, but if Neckson had never added strong attack potions such as heartstoppers, onyx apples and all of those overpowered item buffs (or at least if they really wanted to add them, they should've made them really rare), then I think Rage would be a popular skill as it should be. That's all I said.

17. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Lol ok man. I was just here to offer my opinion, wasnt looking to pick a fight over a question as trivial as this. Wasn't even complaining, I love playing paladin. Good luck then.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Qanu

Qanu Stone Golem

May 16, 2016
    Male
    Netherlands, EU
    5:53 PM
    HammerSlam
    White Knight
    GodDuckness
    Better a somewhat useful skill then no buff skill at all xD. Nah, page/white knight/pallys are pretty much "solo" jobs since they don't really add something to the party other then burst damage at mid 4th (blast spam + heavenly hammer nuke every 20s I thought). Seriously, the other day I had to tell a f/p mage that our 3rd job charges were self buffs MapleF3_Origin.
    Fighters are OK in 2nd/3rd they do have combo which increases dmg alot overall. They're the only warriors who don't have a area dmg skill equal to DrKs and pallys. If you say is true and there alot of new pages/wk on the server, I just hope they don't bring up the misconception of pallys needing m.att....OnionMuha

19. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    Crusader
    Of course Pallys need M.Att. Why else would they have Magic Crash? OnionPerfect

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. apari

apari Slime

Jun 1, 2017
    Female
    11:53 AM
    Yoko
    Hero
    Villains
    I wish I made a paladin.

• Funny Funny x 1