1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Is Dragon Purple Sleeve obtainable through Gachapon?

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by HollyCrap, Aug 28, 2017.

1. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    5:00 AM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    I can't find it on the gachapon guide, so i'm wondering if we can get it through it.
    If not.. I suggest to implement it on gacha so we have an alternative way of finding it, instead of only hunting horntail.. ( KimberlyKimberly )
    Thanks in advance!

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  2. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    2:00 AM
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    It's not obtainable through gach atm

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    why do you think so..?

4. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Oops. My post showed up as double post for me so I deleted it. Anyways because NL is already the strongest job in the game, if you want to make a really good weapon it shouldn't be easy, purple only coming from HT is not bad, if you are impatient and want to scroll a claw, then you can go for a green sleeve or a craven. You don't NEED to scroll a purple sleeve.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    Every single class in the game has a proper way of farming they ultimate weapon (correct me if i'm wrong, please!)..
    Paladins can get the skull crusher via exchange quest (its rare, but they can solo farm'em), mages can get ele wands through gacha, Heros can get their stonetooth sword by farming black crows and so on..
    Why can't Night Lords have the option to get their ultimate weapon by themselfs? Just because, in your opinion, it is "the best" class?
    I strongly disagree, but hey, it is a good topic to debate.

6. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    No, they do not. Drk's have to wait for gach(I don't consider gach farmable) too so they can't "farm it by themselves", HT IS farmable, you just need to get good enough to farm it. If you consider gach farmable then you might as well consider HT farmable, just wait till someone sells a purple sleeve and buy it, same way you would for sky ski or ele wands.

This game is not meant to be played alone, if you wanna play solo maplestory then you would enjoy gms, you can solo everything there.

• Like Like x 2
  7. OP
    OP
    HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    Welp, you got me here, you are totally right on this part:
    But if DKs and Mages can get their ultimate weapons via gacha.. why can't NL's do the same?

8. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Because they already have a way to obtain it, and it is Horntail, you can wait to perfect a claw until you get a purple sleeve from HT and meanwhile use a craven or green sleeve with some good 30s landed. If you can't wait and want to get a perfect weapon right away (as if it were easy) you can just try and land some 30s on perf green sleeve/perf craven and use that. The difference in dmg isn't really that big.

9. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    Yeah the difference between Green and Purple sleeves really isn't that big. 8 LUK is like what, 1.5 weapon attack more?

It sucks if you want to min/max early on, but it's not like you're stuck with Cravens until you can HT.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Marc Antony

Marc Antony Master Chronos

Mar 24, 2016
    Male
    1:00 AM
    Reagan
    Shadower
    Brave
    He answered this; NLs have the highest DPS in the game (discounting Corsairs) so if they want to max out their damage they should work harder. They do like 60% more damage at bosses than Drks do, it matters more.

11. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    4:00 AM
    TBH the difference between purple and green isn't even noticeable.
    8 LUK isn't going to make or break your damage.

12. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    It's noticeable if you are a perfectionist, but if you really are one then you shouldn't have any issues waiting to buy one or get one yourself from ht.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    Then do you notice the 1 LUK you're missing compared to my claw ? f3

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Of course I do, good thing that you won't finish that claw anytime soon since you are a lazy ass TriHard

Unless you get luck af, then I'll hate you forever Kappa.

15. OP
    OP
    HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    it actually will.. the damage formula for TT is as following: (Luk*Watt*(2.5~5.0)*1.5)/100
    so this "only" 8 luk will mean less 30% of your total weapon att as minumum damage and less 60% of your weapon att as maximum damage.
    So if you have 170 weapon att (we are discussing here perfect weapons.. 90 att + 30 balanced fury + 15 WG + 20 Ciders + 15 gaia cape) you'll be loosing 51~102 damage on each hit.
    lets say 75 on average, each hit of TT (not considering shadow partner!) will deal 75*3 less damage, which is 225.
    Attack 10 times and you have 2250 less damage.. It REALLY makes a HUGE difference on high HP bosses.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    iunno man 2250 hp vs a boss with a billion aggregate hp suddenly seems fairly inconsequential

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Marc Antony

Marc Antony Master Chronos

Mar 24, 2016
    Male
    1:00 AM
    Reagan
    Shadower
    Brave
    In addition to that, how much are you doing per star? Is 75 damage significant compared to what you're gonna do per star? I'm sure it'll add up over the course of an hour or four but how noticeable is it?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. nanop33

nanop33 Capt. Latanica

Jun 29, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    Retroviridae
    Shadower
    Beaters
    That formula doesn't seem right. How can luk have the same weighting as weapon attack?

19. OP
    OP
    HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    You have more luk than weapon att.. so extra LUK agregates less than extra Weapon att..
    That is the correct formula, check it here https://ayumilovemaple.wordpress.com/2009/09/06/maplestory-formula-compilation/

You're joking, right? I really hope so, because 2250 was for 10 hits.. how many times are you hitting a boss in a run? iunno, 10000? 2.250.000 doesn't seems inconsequential..

But i must say that i'm okay with this weapom being sorta rare.. I would love to see it on gachapon or whatever but, it is what it is.

20. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    Happy it's not in gach. Make those dirty NLs work harder PogChamp

• Funny Funny x 3