1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Make Rage viable

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by spiritbaeber, Sep 9, 2017.

1. spiritbaeber

spiritbaeber Orange Mushroom

Jun 5, 2017
    11:36 AM
    SpiritSaber
    Hero
    Animals
    Looking through the posts, I've seen a lot of requests to make ciders stackable so they don't take up inventory space 1 at a time. Furthermore, Hero's are pretty much deemed expendable in parties. They have no redeeming party features aside from hitting things and using rage usually overwrites the buffs of others which ends up as an inferior version of the pot.

Please upgrade rage to an even 20 attack so 1. Heroes actually have somewhat of a party presence and usefulness during boss runs and 2. It can serve as a placeholder for 50 ciders in inventory for boss runs.

Thanks~

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Rod

Rod Selkie Jr.

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    7:36 PM
    I completely agree with this suggestion, Rage is an awesome skill and knowing that it's actually a useful buff later on like Hyper Body, it will give you a lot more motivation to follow the path of a Fighter.
    If most of the community disagree with boosting the attack of Rage, then it would also be good if we added something else in there for instance, +15 ATT & +10% Critical Chance or +15 ATT & +10% Evasion (at max level).

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  3. Heps

Heps Slimy

Feb 13, 2017
    Male
    Defender
    It has already been boosted if I'm correct from 10 or 12 to 15. Don't think it needs boosting more.

• Disagree Disagree x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    2:36 AM
    Crusader
    Yes, it has been boosted before. But is it enough? For now I see it as a nifty self-buff for fighters since it's essentially a free attack boost, but whether other classes appreciate the boost or not... probably not, I suppose.

On a slightly unrelated note, page gets Threaten, and that's not particularly useful either.

EDIT: Just to clarify, I'm fine with Rage the way it is. There are pros and cons of playing as a Hero, and I like Heroes the way they are. They're kinda good at everything, and that's enough for me.

5. Stance88

Stance88 Dark Stone Golem

May 28, 2015
    Male
    Denmark
    8:36 PM
    Stance
    Hero
    Aeon
    What you are asking for has nothing to do with Vanilla. Hero is already braindead easy and solid and you don't need to be any better. If all suggestions like these went through it would not feel like v62 anymore because everyone wants to be OP AF even though 4th job already is game-breaking. It won't happen

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. Qanu

Qanu Stone Golem

May 16, 2016
    Male
    Netherlands, EU
    HammerSlam
    White Knight
    GodDuckness
    Everything would be solved if rage was stackable. No need for buffing rage attack boost.

7. Glissando

Glissando Pink Teddy

Jul 17, 2017
    Male
    Quaver
    Fighter
    Rage fine as it is, allowing rage to be active with other buffs make more sense. Whichever buff is stronger should be in effect.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Qanu

Qanu Stone Golem

May 16, 2016
    Male
    Netherlands, EU
    HammerSlam
    White Knight
    GodDuckness
    That's basically rage atm. Hence why rage is kinda useless when you get your hands on heartstoppers and ciders since both those things are way better than rage and rage can cancel those item buffs. Vice-versa too I think.

9. OP
    OP
    spiritbaeber

Jun 5, 2017
    SpiritSaber
    Hero
    Animals
    I don't understand how it would be gamebreaking as you call it. The suggestion was meant to give some incentive to have a hero in parties instead of just deeps. Rage would be a huge help with attackers that constantly need ciders which inconveniently take 1 space or replace the inconvenience of map buffs. Not posting to jab at Paladins. Threaten could use a change as well to improve but similar to how hb is already a huge factor in the end game, a slight buff could also help future Heros in the end game.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Else

Else Mixed Golem

Jan 28, 2017
    Male
    9:36 PM
    Beginner
    Honor
    I dont think maple is coded the way it can stack (i think gm's wouldve changed it if they could)

And i do think that rage needs a buff to b equivilent for ciders.

The thing i dont agree with is the argument of: dk's have hb and its OpOp and we want to be useful as well.

Its like AM should complain priest got HS and they dont have anything.

Every class is different, and that's ok.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. OP
    OP
    spiritbaeber

Jun 5, 2017
    SpiritSaber
    Hero
    Animals
    I did not mean to compare to dark Knights, just advocating the buff to be more than "weaker cider". Many heroes have experienced the "remove rage from keyboard" scenario so I hope that clarifies things.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Rod

Rod Selkie Jr.

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    We could try other approaches to make Rage viable, either add a second attribute to it as I suggested, so +15 ATT +Critical, or we could do something like this:

Rage (Party Buff) - Offensive Buff
    - Can be stacked with any defensive buff
    - +18 ATT
    - +5% Critical Chance
    - 3% of damage dealt to party members reflects on you

This way people would be able to choose to use Rage some times, and other times when it's risky they would go the safe route and play with defensive buffs.

Rage (Solo Buff) - Ofensive Buff
    - Does not stack with any defensive buffs
    - +25 ATT
    - +10% Critical Chance
    - -70 Weapon Def -70 Magic Def

This would change to a solo buff, so it cannot be given to party members and you would be able to use your skill safely without having a whiner complaining about how they had a better attack potion running and expected you to be a fortune teller and knew that they had one active.
    You would go "Rage" mode, very aggressive, full of damage, however you would be very weak because you could not cast any defensive buff and it would also decrease your defense by using Rage.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  13. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    2:36 PM
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    It's known that there are garbage skills in this version, and rage is one of them. I don't think we should just buff skills that aren't useful. You already have the advantage of maxing out your slots, so holding ciders shouldn't be that big of an issue. Also apples and heart stoppers stack and should be used for bossing anyway. Using rage during zak/HT is a great way to get thrown out of a bossing squad.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Rod

Rod Selkie Jr.

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    That's why you need to buff the useless skills, this way we have more jobs variety in the game and many possibilities for many different types of parties, instead of being the same jobs over and over being added to boss monster runs.

15. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    3:36 PM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    You heroes complain about a 15 attack buff from 2nd job when dks have a 12 att buff at 3rd job that also drains hp :cautious:

16. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    Crusader
    *looks at Bishop vs. Mage population disparity*

• Like Like x 1
  17. ThePotatoSalad

ThePotatoSalad Windraider

Mar 19, 2017
    Male
    Sweden
    LucyFlower/ZhanShen666
    Bishop
    ChineseSoul
    How about we switch hb with rage :D

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    You also can do 100% of your damage without having to be below a certain amount of hp, which also makes it not mandatory for you to wash if you want good damage. Every class has its pros and cons. DEAL WITH IT

• Like Like x 2
  19. Rod

Rod Selkie Jr.

Apr 18, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    It's just that Rage > Hyper Body if the proper buff was added to it. Can also increase its ATT and make it a solo buff, this way we'll have the highest DPS of melee characters for sure, but DKs will still be useful because of 1 skill that increases everyone's HP and MP.

20. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    The question is why the buff? Heroes have advantage over DKs on some aspects. Hero is a solo game play mode, you chose that job knowing that...