1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Suggestion] Make loot hitbox a little wider. (also, possible item replacement?)

Discussion in 'Closed/Resolved' started by Goose, Sep 13, 2017.

1. Goose

Goose Red Snail

Sep 2, 2017
    Sweden
    3:46 PM
    Goose
    Chief Bandit
    Thots
    Hello fellas!

So it has happened to me a number of times that when I kill monsters in corners, i've been unable to obtain items that drop too far off-screen. It would probably be a nice little QoL thing to make the looting hitbox a little wider, no?

It especially hurt earlier today, when a gachapon hunting ticket dropped just out of reach. Is there a way to have it replaced per chance? Screenie attached.

proofofgacha.png

Thanks in advance! :)

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Aww man, that gotta hurt. Could be a white scroll hanging out in the corner.

3. Zyku

Zyku Stone Golem

Jan 21, 2017
    Male
    8:46 AM
    Zyku, Vulpix, Expert
    I/L Arch Mage
    Agape
    Happened a lot with the Ice Boxes at Petri map and other maps I assume. Would be sad if happens to hunting gacha like it did to GooseGoose. I wonder if there is coding in maps that could make it so nothing can be dropped past the edge of the map.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    6:46 AM
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    aaaa this happens to me all the time. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I remember having an issue with this way back in gms? If so, maybe there's a possible fix?

• Like Like x 1
  5. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    This issue does happen quite often to me, but what I lost could never compare to a gachapon hunting ticket...

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. OP
    OP
    Goose

Goose Red Snail

Sep 2, 2017
    Sweden
    Goose
    Chief Bandit
    Thots
    RyaeRyae I don't recall having a problem with this either before now. Maybe they had a little "bounce shield" to prevent things from falling out too far.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    I remember GMS had a system at one point where the item would be launched away from the wall. Although slightly wider loot distance would be nice, both solutions sound like difficult client edits.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    It happened with me too, gach ticket dropping offscreen. I CCed and when i CCed back it had bounced back inn ;)

• Informative Informative x 2
  9. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    It only bounced back sometimes MapleF12

10. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    I think the key might be to stay long enough in the other channel, for the item to "respawn" when you get back.

11. Chesong

Chesong Slime

Aug 22, 2017
    Male
    Boston
    9:46 AM
    Moonhead
    Cleric
    Yeah I posed this bug already. Someone suggested that you can call a gm if you an important item is stuck.
    In my opinion this shouldn't be too hard to fix because you're given the X bounds.

• Like Like x 2
  12. NoJobNoRules

NoJobNoRules Orange Mushroom

Sep 1, 2017
    8:46 AM
    NoJobNoRules
    Islander
    Amherst
    Happened to me today with a gach ticket - when I finished making a round of the map, it had 'bounced' back in. I didn't realize this could happen. I saw an item out of bounds several times with both Sunshine and Ice Boxes during the event. However, I've never had a regular drop/equip land there, only custom things added by the staff.

Maybe there's some kind of behavior that hasn't been copied over for custom drops that would normally prevent this? That'd be my suggestion for where staff could start looking at the issue.

Attached Files:

13. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Its more a bug with specific drops ('event' drops specially), which is something that still needs to be fixed. If you leave the map and come back the item usually popped out

Since proof is provided, please @GM to get 1 hunting scroll refunded.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Goron

Goron Red Snail

Aug 15, 2017
    Male
    Goron
    Fighter, Page
    Disney
    Ahh shit this hurts, I've had this quite a few times aswell, but seeing this cool ass white scroll chick'n nugget laying in the corner makes my eyes burn.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    Goose

Goose Red Snail

Sep 2, 2017
    Sweden
    Goose
    Chief Bandit
    Thots
    KimberlyKimberly Thank you. i sent a message using the feature :)

16. OP
    OP
    Goose

Goose Red Snail

Sep 2, 2017
    Sweden
    Goose
    Chief Bandit
    Thots
    KimberlyKimberly uh, actually. one question. how exactly does a refund happen? do i just wait around after i sent it? do i have to be online? what's the average time frame?

17. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    7:46 AM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Use '@gm' in-game and write "im pending a refund for a hunting gacha" and wait for a GM to whisper you so you can provide him a link to this thread unless Kim noticed staff.

• Like Like x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    Goose

Goose Red Snail

Sep 2, 2017
    Sweden
    Goose
    Chief Bandit
    Thots
    I don't want to be a stick in the mud, but literally nothing has happened about refunding this ticket since this was posted. Where you guys at? :p