1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Suggestion: Lower the price of AP Resets (Updated)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Iced, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    12:12 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    [​IMG]

2. Cora

Cora Selkie Jr.

Apr 3, 2017
    Female
    Germany
    7:12 AM
    Nier/EviHs
    mhm lowering the prices to 2.5k doesnt sound so bad

1 week full of voting would give you 11 resets for 3.1k (50 in a month)
    1 week full of voting would give you 14 resets for 2.5k (62 in a month)

to hp wash archer/thief probably you need to get at least 120int+ to be able to wash 1 time each level up. (warriors less and pirates even more)

to be able to do zak at level 50 you need to wash around 40-50 times (139.5k nx)
    which means ca 160int by level 30 (483.6k to wash it out of int later on)

total amount of 623.1k nx just for level 50 goal which means ca 125 days of voting

if they change the price to 2.5k it would still take 100 days

so either way its going to take a long time to finish 1 char.

it might be better to make them tradeable so that newer player can finace themself :)
    afterall everyone know how difficult the start can be :D

• Like Like x 1
  3. Shrek

Shrek Capt. Latanica

Mar 30, 2015
    New Yawwwkkkkkk
    2:12 AM
    NurseJoy
    There is this one specific private server that removes HP washing all together.
    It is glorious, and I feel as if I can make any character without having to worry about the restrictions of HP washing.
    We should honestly remove the whole aspect of HP washing all together.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Stance88

Stance88 Dark Stone Golem

May 28, 2015
    Male
    Denmark
    Stance
    Hero
    Aeon
    Neh, has been a part of the game always. Won't be vanilla anymore if it's changed but custom. I'm against it. Just deal with it.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Qanu

Qanu Stone Golem

May 16, 2016
    Male
    Netherlands, EU
    HammerSlam
    White Knight
    GodDuckness
    That kinda destroys the hardships we wanted to have in the 1st place.
    I still want the AP-reset packs (11-resets for 10 etc) to be a thing. But that's just a matter of convenience.

6. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    @some veterans- Playing for a while with certain things being a certain way doesn't mean that those certain things should never change.
    I'm with this bulk pack of ap resets thing. Can buy bulk owls, smegas, etc, saving at least a little NX on AP Resets would be nice too. +1

7. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    11:12 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    I'd also support bulk purchase of AP resets.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    So here's the thing.

This discussion had been going on this thread for a little over a month. It was kind of back and forth. No clear consensus, not even a poll. No staff members weighed in either.

Then when the Summer patch notes came out, suddenly it was announced the AP reset costs would be drastically reduced. This thread wasn't even moved to the accepted category of the suggestions.

Most people (especially veterans) probably assumed nothing would come of this thread, since so many other suggestions have been shot down/ignored, and this one was way more game-breaking. The announcement came out of the blue with inadequate discussion. I think that is what bothers players the most.

So if you want positive feedback? Here is an idea. The next time you are seriously entertaining the idea of making such a big change to the server, open up a new community poll thread. Like how you did for the boat rides! This is what I don't get. There had been other suggestions to remove the boat rides before. And altering them would change the game far less than changing the price of AP resets. But still, a poll and official discussion was made all the same.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Soniii

Soniii Mixed Golem

Apr 10, 2015
    Female
    Chicago, IL
    11:12 PM
    ImSinXD
    Night Lord
    Beaters
    make it 2.5k nx! Kappa

10. Cora

Cora Selkie Jr.

Apr 3, 2017
    Female
    Germany
    Nier/EviHs
    didnt the note say they thinking about it and collect more suggestions?

and why is this suppose to be game breaking ?
    it just reduce the overall washing amount by 1 month ...

11. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    But heres the thing,
    Why would you need to HP wash to be able to tank Zak at level 50?
    I honestly don't see the point to reach such high levels of HP that early on.
    You're only crutching yourself with the high INT required.

You can easily get to enough HP for all bosses by 155 with only 60-80 washes, or even less.
    Which would be around 70~ days to wash BOTH HP and ~60 base int out of your character.
    Which on average is also the same time players take to get from 1->120.

So like I always say, you're asking for the hardship if you expect to tank stuff at low levels.

Also the fall of the server I mentioned was Rien, not SlimeTales.

12. Cora

Cora Selkie Jr.

Apr 3, 2017
    Female
    Germany
    Nier/EviHs
    because its hard to level to 150 ? xd

nah actully when i did it i just wanted to go for the extrem. i like to be a bit tanky so that i dont need to worry about every single lagg spike and avoid possible death. also even on squishy classes you always have a choice. get in a guild with dks, befriend warriors or make yourself a mule at the end there are many ways you can help yourself. hp washing is more of a convinient solution.

oh and

why would you want zak at level 50 ?
    -first to equal out base int, because of the high amount of base int you lack damage
    the helm helps quit a lot with that <3
    -if you dont already have a int hat it takes that slot spot without any problem.

there arent so many reason why you would want a zak early unless its for washing reasons. since zak is really expensiv on early levels and its a struggle to even get to the pre quest map without help. (died once on my way there...)

and i dont see such a big difference on my char sure the beginning is hard with 1-10 damage but once you reach your max int and start adding your main stat its start to get better. i dont even see the difference anymore :eek:

13. Hyoon

Dec 1, 2015
    So you're saying you require 3.6k hp at level 50 to have an enjoyable time.
    That is honestly over the top.
    To survive and get a zhelm you honestly dont need to wash as almost all squads have high hp gears for you to wear.
    But being able to tank zak without hb is only required of an attacker.

14. Cora

Cora Selkie Jr.

Apr 3, 2017
    Female
    Germany
    Nier/EviHs
    o.o why 3.6k ?

with the amount in my calculation you barley reach 2.1k

edit: also i like to pull my own weight a little. i hate to depend to much on someone else even if im technically paying for their service...

15. Hyoon

Dec 1, 2015
    3.6 is without hb to survive.
    And you cant expect to do any significant damage until you're 4th job at the very least.

Cause let's be honest your 1 damage and misses arent going to contribute much.

16. Cora

Cora Selkie Jr.

Apr 3, 2017
    Female
    Germany
    Nier/EviHs
    .... of course not. im not suppose to do damage i cant since im already bussy with healing....

2.1k is requierment to be able to survive zak with a dk....
    all i mean is that i dont want to borrow someone elses item and burder them more
    at specially since there is a chance another buyer might need them as well which could cause problems...

and that is what i mean with pulling my own weight.

17. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    You see, Kimi, it's real simple... they need to wash up early for zak at level 50... so they can get a zhelm asap so that they can hp wash more.

18. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    3:12 AM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    Any new thoughts? I'm still hopping for the bundle

• Useful Useful x 1
  19. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    3:12 PM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    None, it was ruled out due to the backlash.

20. thugric

thugric Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

May 10, 2017
    Male
    TaxDog
    Marksman
    Beaters
    I have a suggestion based on what everyone has said in this thread. (half serious for this, but hear me out)

Right now, the price of AP resets are 3,100 nx. This looks like a product that originally costs 3,000nx with additional taxes of 3.33%.

I suggest that we eliminate taxes on AP resets and have them sold at 3,000NX. While this 100nx reduction may seem very little, I see one good benefit in this. Having AP resets at 3,000nx is math friendly as the number is very clean. For example:
    - Three days of voting will give you 15,000 nx. This is equivalent to 5 ap resets.
    - You have 450k nx, and you want to know how many AP resets you require. With the price reduction to 3,000nx, you can easily figure out using mental math and find out that this could get you exactly 150 ap resets.

In addition, I think this making it 100nx shouldn't receive any backlash. The amount is simply too little to make a BIG difference in the long run.

• Like Like x 3