1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pre-Big Bang... It's like being a kid again... Except for playing with my wife. ;P +voting question

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by iZeke, Sep 18, 2017.

1. iZeke

iZeke Mano

Sep 18, 2017
    Male
    1:46 AM
    iZeke
    Thief
    Hey there everyone! I just wanted to stop by and say thanks so much to the players who make this server friendly! I ran into someone named CHANEL who had a Mark of the Beta Bandanna like I had once way back in Scania years ago. I thought it was cool so I gave her a fame and stopped to talk with her for a while. She was totally happy to talk with a 'newb' player such as my lv 12 self. Haha! It was so much fun to find someone who acted friendly like the MapleStory that I remember. She even gave me some potion money (I didn't even ask for it, it kinda blew my min just how nice she was).

I've been having a blast grinding my way up again. The rates are perfect here! Just enough to give us a slight oomph while still feeling that same old challenge of the old days. And(!!!) the skills are the same as they used to be! Man I've missed that since the numerous changes that they've made to GMS. My former Chief Bandit (then easily a Shadower due to lowered level requirements) on GMS doesn't have even half the skills I used to love. So it's super exciting to earn the oldie bu goodie skills again.

I've run into lots of friendly people of all levels. I've even had the wonderful experience of partying up with random players who were happy to work on quests together! It was amazing!

I've had so much fun playing Old Maple again, and even better yet my wife has been watching me play on our TV. And now she's decided she wants to try and play too. It'll be her second time playing MapleStory with me. We tried GMS months ago but the lag, and constant disconnects (and unscheduled server maintenance) was just so bad we gave up on playing even though we really wanted to play together.

So glad to find a lag free server that doesn't d/c everyone that moment someone happens to breath near their computer (figuratively of course).

Ages ago as a teenager I played and married a guild mate who I didn't know IRL and it was fun back then. But now my IRL wife wants to level up to 50 and get married in-game here too! It just makes me laugh because it seems so silly of a goal. And yet that's half the fun. :D

If anyone wants to play with me or her just look for 'iZeke' and 'SupaWifey'. iZeke being me of course. :p No idea how talkative to other people my wife may or may not be via text in-game, but I'll be excited to chat with any of you guys. :D

I should be finishing this up, in all my excitement this is getting long! XD

But before I go one quick question for you guys, Can my wife and I both vote for the server from separate laptops on the same day(s)? While playing I've seen little blue messages saying people were banned for the iCash Vote Abuse or something like that. I read the whole ToS upon registering and I think we're good seen as we're separate people. Truthfully she tends to only play games when I play with her so we'd probably be playing simultaneously most the time. I might remember to vote more often than she will, (after all gotta earn that 20k for the wedding pass). I've never gach'ed before so I don't think I have to worry about looking shady there. Basically I don't want to risk either of us getting banned accidentally for something we could avoid. I don't want to ruin my wife's dreamy expectations of a pretend 2nd wedding.

Anywayz... Yeah... I'm excited to play with you all! To whoever was selling Steelys for 188k in the FM thank you! That'll make my push to second job just a little easier! (lol potion money includes other items in the 'Use' tab right, right? Hehe) :cool:

• Like Like x 12
    • Friendly Friendly x 4
  2. Poetic

Poetic Horny Mushroom

Jan 16, 2017
    Free Market
    3:46 PM
    Poetic, Vows, Rabies
    • Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    iZeke

iZeke Mano

Sep 18, 2017
    Male
    iZeke
    Thief
    Thanks for the welcome! I thnk it's going to be great!

Also thanks for that link. I went ahead and read it all and I think this part right here mostly answers my question:\

So in theory as long as we each vote on our separate laptops (even sharing the same wi-fi) we should be good right? That's a relief! I don't really want to have to try to remember who's "turn" it is. :p

• Like Like x 1
  4. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    3:46 AM
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    Welcome both of you I hope you both have a great time here!

The simplest way of getting around the voting issue is one of you vote on your wifi and the other can do it on a cellphones data

5. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    12:46 AM
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    Welcome! We are glad to have you joining our community MapleF2

6. Sympatic

Sympatic Master Chronos

Sep 16, 2017
    Male
    9:46 AM
    Welcome to MapleLegends :)

7. Awleh

Awleh Mr. Anchor

Apr 18, 2017
    Male
    Norway
    9:46 AM
    Awleh
    Chief Bandit, Shadower
    Demure
    Welcome to Legends!! Feel free to buddy another chief bandit that is back for the nostalgia!(edit: lol forgott to add my ign! "Awleh")

I think one of you need to vote through cellular on your phone for it to work...

8. OP
    OP
    iZeke

iZeke Mano

Sep 18, 2017
    Male
    iZeke
    Thief
    Cool I'll add you. :)

She's voting with her phone seems to be working.

• Like Like x 1
  9. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    10:46 AM
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    Welcome! Haha you're just as excited as I was at first. Now I just need to find an IRL wife... MapleF3

10. OP
    OP
    iZeke

iZeke Mano

Sep 18, 2017
    Male
    iZeke
    Thief
    Hah yeah! Been married 3 years it's been great, but single life was nice too (infinite free time or at least total ease of spending money without worries was pretty nice :p)

But yep! I've been loving every minute of playing this. I'm getting sooo close to level 30. Can't hardly wait to have haste back again.

11. Vith

Vith Dark Stone Golem

May 6, 2016
    3:46 AM
    Vith
    White Knight
    Great to have you part of the community! :thumbsup: