1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Suggestion] Ironman Mode Challange.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Sympatic, Sep 26, 2017.

Would you like this suggestion to be added to MapleLegends?

1. Yes

51.2%
  2. No

48.8%
  1. Sympatic

Sympatic Master Chronos

Sep 16, 2017
    Male
    2:12 PM
    [​IMG]
    Suggestion: Ironman Mode Challange.
    (This challange is from Oldschool Runescape)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

What is Ironman Mode?
    Ironman Mode is a Game-Mode/Challange that can be chosen at the start of your Maple Adventure on Maple Island. After becoming an Ironman you will get a lot of restrictions on your character. These restrictions will make it harder to play the game.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________​

What are the benefits of creating an Ironman Character?
    There are not a lot of benefits but there are still some benefits.
    1. You will get a ring that gives +3 stats called Iron Ring.
    2. Job Advancement Messages and Level 200 Message will now also show that you are an Ironman.
    [4th Job] Congratulations to Sympatic on becoming a Bishop as a Ironman!
    [Congrats] Sympatic has reached Level 200 as a Ironman! Congratulate Sympatic on such an amazing achievement!

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

What restrictions will you get when you make an Ironman Character?
    1. Trading: Trading is disabled for Ironman in any way. (Drop Trading, Player Owned Stores and using the Storage)
    2. Parties: Creating a party is still allowed but only other Ironman players can join your party. Party experience is disabled so other Ironman cannot leach. But you can still play Party Quests with other Ironman.
    3. Item Drops: You can only pick up your own drops. You are not able to pick up other people their drops. (You can pick up drops in PQs. But only the PQ drops. The same thing for bosses)
    If you have more restrictions then please comment them down below!

________________________________________________________________________________________

Are you able to remove your Ironman status?
    If you are on MapleIsland: Yes. You are still allowed to change your Ironman status.
    If you are not on MapleIsland: No. You are not able to change your Ironman status anymore.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Thank you for reading my suggestion. MapleF2
    I might add more to the post later.

Regards
    Sympatic

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  2. OP
    OP
    Sympatic

Sympatic Master Chronos

Sep 16, 2017
    Male
    Update 1:
    Changed the Medal to a Ring. Medals are not supported in v62. Thank you ShinoharaShinohara

3. Healer

Healer Windraider

Apr 26, 2015
    Male
    3:12 PM
    This is taken from the can't be named here server, I think I've saw there this challenge too, so not too original u know :eek:

4. fryber

fryber Windraider

Jun 1, 2015
    Male
    Out of sight, out of time
    7:12 AM
    OpTiC
    Sniper, Marksman
    Beaters
    This feels like Nuzlocke for Pokémon, that is to say self imposed. Why sap resources from efforts to having a stable server, Amoria PQ, Neo Tokyo, etc.?

It's not a bad idea, but I don't see this idea's implementation as an urgent need.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Sympatic

Sympatic Master Chronos

Sep 16, 2017
    Male
    What server?
    EDIT: Just found out where u think I got it from. Not gonna say the server. And I did not take the idea from that.

The game-mode itself If u read already says that it's from Oldschool Runescape. So, of course, it's not original.

• Like Like x 2
  6. OP
    OP
    Sympatic

Sympatic Master Chronos

Sep 16, 2017
    Male
    Yeah. It really feels like that. And I get kinda what you're talking about. And yes it shouldn't be on priority one but after all of these updates have come it would be a cool update. Thanks for the feedback tho :D

• Like Like x 1
  7. Shinohara

Shinohara Headless Horseman

Mar 31, 2017
    Calderock Village
    9:12 PM
    Saratoga / Sogohara / Tsushima
    Bishop
    ☆ Aqours ☆
    v0.62 does not have or support medals.

8. OP
    OP
    Sympatic

Sympatic Master Chronos

Sep 16, 2017
    Male
    Oh. Thanks for reminding me. I am so used to v83 because I have wz edited a lot for that version. I will probably change it to something else then.

9. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    5:12 AM
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    Cool idea! But I think it's not worth the time and resource MapleF12

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  10. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    3:12 PM
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    As fryber said, this reminds of the nuzlocke challenge. Why code it when you can self-impose it? Also, there are already perma-beginners, which is another type of challenge unique to Maple.

Speaking of the nuzlocke challenge though, maybe it could be similar to it? Like, if you die, you delete the character. And maybe also limit potions (either a cooldown or limited to what you looted, not allowed to buy them). As it is right now, it looks more like just solo-ing out the game.

You could also create a guild for it instead of choosing the mode at the beginning. It'll be a lot cleaner and not mess up the nostalgic thingy, while still being able to add a title of honour to the player :thumbsup:

All in all, I support the idea of the challenge!;)

11. Marc Antony

Marc Antony Master Chronos

Mar 24, 2016
    Male
    Reagan
    Shadower
    Brave
    Ironman btw

No, don't do this. Maplestory is even more of a social game than Old School is, adding in Ironman to Legends would be really really obnoxious. If you want to play alone, just play alone, don't ask for special attention for playing alone.

Edit: For those of you who aren't familiar with Old School Runescape, where the Ironman suggestion is coming from, the Ironman community has an obnoxious reputation for flaunting their account type. While it isn't fair to assume that same behavior will be replicated here, Maplestory is a much more social game in that if you are playing alone you are massively crippling yourself, unlike in Runescape where you can do everything by yourself reasonably well, and we shouldn't be rewarding or encouraging people to ignore that. If you want to make a character that trains alone and farms all their scrolls alone and makes all their own equipment, go ahead, but asking for a special status for it or a special icon or to be given extra attention whenever you reach the next job is not good for the game.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  12. Priye

Priye Mushmom

Jul 20, 2017
    Male
    California
    Priye
    Priest
    Influence
    REEEEEEEEboot: v.62

• Like Like x 1
  13. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    You could self-impose the challenge you know. Like how I have been leveling till 80 only doing quests.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
  15. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    I love the idea, but dont think it's urgent. I do think it's still a pretty cool and would definitely play an ironman if it would become a thing.

[Edit] Just read your reply. Not stolen (probably) <3