1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Hello and goodbye

Discussion in 'Introductions & Farewells' started by sushilovers, Oct 3, 2017.

1. sushilovers

sushilovers Blue Snail

Oct 3, 2017
    Male
    10:33 PM
    sushilovers
    Cleric
    Babyseal
    Hey guys,

I started mapling again after a few years of hiatus. I most recently played as a battle mage and mercedes in like v100+ because the content was new. Because it was more difficult to level pre-big bang, a whole new bunch of content was available to me, but I started to miss the old maple. I just started a residency at a hospital in California and wanted a break from the madness. I played a couple of private servers in the past and I looked into new ones. MapleLegends seemed like the best fit for me so I happily downloaded and started on my way.

I started as an unfunded sin, which was way too rough and then made a cleric. The set up of this server is great. The economy is not really crazy, though I think I never really made more than 25 mil, though I guess I'm not too aggressive in making money. I should have bought a Z-helm T.T The summer events were great as well.

I mainly did quests for exp because grinding is too rough and 3x quest exp is awesome, but once I got to late 50's, things got more difficult. I never tried to go lukless because I never had enough money for equips and my luck with scrolls/gachapon is below average at best. Someone invited me to their guild and told me that ludi maze PQ is probably the best for me now. I didn't have much experience with it so I thought I'd give it a shot.

Some people were nice to me as I was just learning about things, but some people are very mean which is kind of unfortunate. Calling me names and such. I guess you can never get around it; you'll meet those types of people in all walks of life (medicine is definitely not an exception either). I left the party and went back to doing quests, but I think maybe mapling isn't really my thing anymore. This experience really did push me away from maplestory, which is kind of sad.

Just wanted to say thanks for setting up a server like this to provide people a way to relive some good memories. I had fun for the last month. Also please take care of one another. I've cared for lots of patients and have learned that once you get to know people, a majority of your preconceived judgments are wrong (in general). The world is already very rough at times and people are just looking for comfort and belonging, I wouldn't recommend contributing to the unpleasantness of the world.

I might come back sporadically if I still have that itch.

Thanks again.

Gemmy

• Like Like x 1
  2. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    7:33 AM
    Beginner
    Who called you names? Do you have any proof, if so go right ahead and show it.
    The reason I'm this straightforward is because in the past we have had a few people who has lied about being bullied either to drag the servers name through the mud, or for personal monetary gain (Sympathy funding).

If what your saying is true, I'm ofcourse very sad to see you go. Being a player for half a year now, I haven't met any mean people, and I think you have been very unlucky.

3. OP
    OP
    sushilovers

sushilovers Blue Snail

Oct 3, 2017
    Male
    10:33 PM
    sushilovers
    Cleric
    Babyseal
    I didn’t screenshot or record anything. I don’t want anything out of this. Given what’s going on in the world right now, I just wanted others to be more mindful. Thanks for your concerns though.

4. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Staff has logs of what is said ingame. You were bullied, they'll probably want to look into it either way since it's against the rules.

5. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    1:33 AM
    Im glad you enjoyed your stay overall.
    However if at any time you are being harassed by players you can report them to the staff or in forums. (This goes for all players).

However i do not believe in publicly announcing the person. As this creates drama and witch hunting.

Hope you see you in the future if you decide to come back.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Sad to see you go before I even met you.
    I still have one question which I would love to have answered.
    What is your favorite sushi?
    I wouldve asked in game, but I totally understand your choice of taking a break/leaving. It is a shame that people sometimes forget we play games for fun, I honestly don't believe people actually enjoy creating drama and ruining the experience for others. Sadly it will always be a part of competative games.

Goodluck on your studies (+the rest of your future endeavours)!

7. ANBU

ANBU Horny Mushroom

Jul 22, 2017
    Male
    8:33 AM
    ANBU
    Hermit
    Too bad hear you leave.You need less to relate to what people say And just ignore.don’t take the game so seriously.Take the game easily!
    I will be glad happy to talk and meet new people.My ign anbu ; )
    Sorry for my english~

• Funny Funny x 1