1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Assassin AP Help

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Kangsar, Oct 3, 2017.

1. Kangsar

Kangsar Red Snail

Sep 17, 2017
    12:19 PM
    Hi guys,

I've been playing MapleLegends for about 3 weeks now and currently have lv. 48 assassin. It seems like most assassins try to keep their base dex as low as possible and scroll their equips for dex in order to meet the requirement for higher level claws, but I'm curious as to the difference between doing that, or scrolling equips for luk, and adding base dex.

For example, I find that for earrings, I can scroll for either luk or dex, and a 60% scroll gives 2 of the respective stat. If i had an 8 dex earring, I could put 8 more ap from levling up into LUK, and if I had an 8 luk earring, I'd have to put 8 ap into dex to equip claws that require dex. From what I see, there doesn't seem to be a difference, as long as the specific equip can be scrolled for either stat. I'm curious if there's a difference that I'm not seeing, as I would like to start scrolling soon and I'm finding the LUK scrolls much cheaper.

Any info appreciated!

2. hsmule5430

hsmule5430 Slimy

Aug 3, 2017
    10:19 PM
    Thief
    i personally prefer scrolling dex cus else when you upgrade your other stuff (zhelm, shoe, etc) u will need to buy ap resets to take it off and then it'll be more expensive
    besides that 99% of the people do it cus mw gives +5/10 % of base stat so it better to be on luk as dex berly gives any bonus besides wearing the wep

3. hsmule5430

hsmule5430 Slimy

Aug 3, 2017
    10:19 PM
    Thief
    until you wear craven/sleve u shud definitely scroll ur earring for luk and robe 2

4. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    3:19 PM
    The most important thing to consider is Maple Warrior which gives 5% base stats at level 10 and 10% base stats at level 20.
    Most people go Low Dex/Str for classes so that their primary base stat can be higher.

For example you can have 150 base Dex to wear a Sleve (110 claw)
    However most Nightlords that wear this with decently scrolled dex equips can bring their Dex to 60-80.
    Which saves about 90-70 Base stats which you can pump into Luk instead.
    In addition Maple Warrior would boost this stat to 4-3 more Luk with MW 10, and 8-6 with MW 20.
    In addition to the Dex you get from Maple Warrior 3-4 Dex
    You are looking at over 10+ stats, depending on your Base stats.

Though it may not be a considerable amount, but with all the dex you are saving (through equips and extra from maple warrior) you can be looking at 100-200 range more than you would.

5. OP
    OP
    Kangsar

Kangsar Red Snail

Sep 17, 2017
    Oh I see, i didn't take MW into account. Thanks for the clarification. As for scrolling items in the future when I'm like 3rd or 4th job, I'm kind of confused as to how people "scroll for perfect equips". I by no means am planning to scroll for godly items, but what's the general process people use for scrolling at higher levels? Do they just buy a bunch of copies of an item and keep scrolling until they get something good or do they use clean slate scrolls/white scrolls?

Thanks!

6. CHANEL

CHANEL Dark Stone Golem

Feb 7, 2015
    Female
    Somewhere in the world
    Steam
    Islander
    Southperry
    They use clean state and white scrolls to perfect items.

7. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    Seeing as how you're a new player and all, there should be no worry at all of perfecting items.
    You simply won't have the funds to complete the item as such.

In your case, it should be a process of progression.
    Try to get a good base of items.
    Items that would help a lot would be: Zakum Helmet, Decent Attack Work Gloves, DEX/LUK Robe, Multiple Sets of Stars.
    This will make a concrete base for you, allowing you to kill more monsters and further progress.

Once you reach this point and start leveling, you always want to try to upgrade with your mesos.
    See if you can get a better claw, better gloves, invest in scrolls for your helmet etc.

Once you have equips considered "godly", then you can attempt to make a perfected item.

8. OP
    OP
    Kangsar

Kangsar Red Snail

Sep 17, 2017
    Thanks for the help you've given me so far!

I currently have a 10 att yellow marker, a 12 dex robe and 8 dex cape, and 3 sets of ilbiss/4 sets of steelies. I also have a dark slain that has 35 weapon attack. What equips should i be focusing on now?

9. Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    You could also use a 2 WATT black raggedy cape instead of DEX. That should only cost around 1.5m-2m. Other than that you're pretty much set to just level up some more until you feel like upgrading your claw.

10. OP
    OP
    Kangsar

Kangsar Red Snail

Sep 17, 2017
    Oh great, thanks!

I have another quick question on upgrading equips that might sound kind of stupid, but if I assume that I have like a 12 dex bathrobe, and I wanted to upgrade that for more stats, do people use whitescrolls and clean slate scrolls on what they currently have, or do they just buy a bunch of bath robes and keep scrolling those until they get something better? I never really did much scrolling back in the day on GMS so I'm not really sure LOL. Thanks for the help!

11. Luscious

Luscious Mr. Anchor

May 2, 2017
    Male
    Luscious, MoeMoe, Spicy
    Demure
    I'm pretty sure 99.99% of people who would ever use a white scroll would only use them on end-game weapon/shield. Normally for other items you try to land 1-3 30%'s in a row before 60%/70%, or a 10% first slot then 30% then 60%/70% depending on the base cost of the item you're scrolling. (i.e. don't just throw a 10% on an expensive item, try to 30%).

12. OP
    OP
    Kangsar

Kangsar Red Snail

Sep 17, 2017
    Ohhh okay, that makes everything a lot clearer, thanks so much for the help!