1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Making Beauty Coupons available through monster drop?

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Mockingbird, Oct 4, 2017.

1. Mockingbird

Mockingbird Mano

Aug 17, 2017
    Male
    2:58 PM
    Mockingbird
    Thief
    TL;DR- Making beauty coupons be it hair, face, or lens available as monster drops near their respective cities in an effort to incentivize player activity and provide additional method of attaining attractive 2D pixels which ultimately does nothing but addresses our minor insecurities about how we look in an desperate attempt to compensate for our maybe lacking personalities which does not constitute pay to well, anything. As you are actually working towards attain what you desire and all players have an equal shot and access at it.

Or maybe make it a random thing as to not take away from those who actively vote idk lmao this is just a thought. Full story below.

Hello all,

I dont really believe in dishonesty albeit I do lie sometimes, but I think I'll just be straight up this time- I sort of got a lowkey ban for Vote Abuse which I uh, wasnt super aware was a thing until after I got banned. After getting banned I had a quick browse and now have a basic understanding of why these are done. I have my thoughts about these things that I'll save for a diff post, long story short I feel a bit well, hurt? that the ban happened as all I wanted to do was make my character some what soothing on the eyes =/.

From my understanding, the limitations on voting is so that the economy is not injected with mass amounts of gachapons, and to prevent a sort of vote to win situation.

This brings me to my point, currently, the beauty coupons of various sorts are only limited to vote cash- but how good a person looks really doesnt impact on his ability to get ahead in the game. Rather, limiting the ability for people to look good kind of doesnt make a lot of sense.

I do understand being unable to buy the coupons with donor cash- that will give an unequal opportunity for people to reroll regular/special styles depending on their available cash. However, allowing us to hunt for these coupons is similar to having hunting gachapons- everyone has the opportunity to do so, and it does not particularly put any player at a disadvantage.

To my limited understanding, this may address a certain portion of users problem where they are voting on more than one account just for the sake of looking not hideous, and provide an overall better experience for most players.

As such I propose for beauty coupons- whether it's a complete random make over like the events we once saw in GMS, or specific parts i.e. hair, eyes, lenses, at different drop rates. Mobs at various towns will only drop coupons relevant to their specific town, so say Kerning City mobs will only drop coupons related to the kerning hair salon.

Perhaps it can be just the regular, perhaps just the VIP, perhaps both. The chances could be extremely rare, but this will provide players a new method of looking not like a basic bitch and a new incentive for them to hunt, and thus, reduce the amount of people who "vote abuse".

I hope what I wrote here made the slightest amount of sense cause Im also like lowkey drunk. If you disagree or would like to offer further feedback please do, I understand my suggestion may be flawed is far from being the most ideal/complete and there is depth to be discovered and criticism to be had.

If you actually bothered to read all that thank you for taking your time and I hope I didnt waste too much of it =)

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    12:58 AM
    There are many options to changing your hair other than just voting. (However it is only at specific times aka Events).
    Similar to what we had in the summer, exchanging a large amount of pearls for exclusive and limited time selections of hairs and eyes.
    It just required you to either do the daily JQ, be online when trees exploded or both!

While I do see your struggle on obtaining a unique style to express yourself, the suggestion of adding VIP as a drop would be pretty useless imo. Most VIP Hairstyles, colours and eyes only cost roughly 5k NX. This is equivalent to only a day of voting, and you will have completed colouring and styling in 4 days.

Nonetheless an interesting suggestion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Mockingbird

Mockingbird Mano

Aug 17, 2017
    Male
    2:58 PM
    Mockingbird
    Thief
    Thanks for the response!
    I wasnt quite aware of the events having the ability for selection of hairs and eyes, so also thank you for letting me know!

I this case, I was thinking of a more generic, always available method of providing players with the ability to customize themselves- and possibly one which enables total satisfaction in one go, should they save up enough coupons versus having to take a longer, lengthened time. Probably a minor symptom of me growing up in a generation where gratification was always instant and waiting wasnt really a thing.

About the roughly 5k thing- that was something that'd slipped my mind earlier. VIP coupons are actually a bit over 5k, which means that it takes 2 days for one change. This actually doesnt seem like a lot now that I say it out loud, but would perhaps consideration in making it 5k exact be taken into account? This is just an after thought.

This also just occured to me- just like how gachapon is RnG, perhaps making Reg coupons, also to an extent RnG a drop, would be a viable option? As such, players will not lose their motivation towards voting- cause Imma be real getting a good looking style from Reg coupons is quite hard, so there will still be reason to go for VIP coupons as to address their not-so pleasant aesthetic, yet offers players a better chance at attaining an otherwise incredibly difficult look.

Im pushing for this because I guess, in a sense, it broaden's up player choice in how they spend their nx, and increases their possible motivations towards playing their game. Allowing us an opportunity to do more things online/with our vote cash than saving it up. It might streamline an otherwise (in my humble opinion) pointlessly dire process. (I also kind of want to add that I dont think? this takes away from the event coupons as those styles are exclusive? from what I understand).

Once again, open to criticism!

4. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    7:58 AM
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    Hunting gach equivalent of hair/face coupons? OnionListen reg of course.