1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Marauder - Make Energy Charge stance proc % match skill description.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Igni, Oct 7, 2017.

1. Igni

Igni Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    4:02 AM
    MeleeSmash
    Buccaneer
    I know it's starting to get old but another day, another Marauder/Bucc related suggestion. :banghead:

The actual stance % for Energy Charge does not match with the skill description. I think that it's currently 50% chance for level 40, instead of the expected 90% like it says in the skill description. There's an old guide that shows the old % chance.

https://ayumilovemaple.wordpress.com/2008/09/19/maplestory-buccaneer-skills/

Although this could also be reported as a bug, I really think that Marauders deserve to have 90% stance for their Energy Charge, considering that they can't always keep their charge full. 50% is not enough, we may have higher avoid than Warriors do but as a Melee ranged class it seems quite unreliable and lacking.

Here's me testing with Level 39 Energy Charge, seems quite far off from 89%, definitely not within margin of error.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. afroslice

afroslice Blue Snail

Sep 13, 2017
    2:02 PM
    AfroSlice
    Marauder
    Senpai
    I have also noticed this on my Marauder. The description of the skill says 90%, but it could very well be 50% in-game. It could be a typo on the description, or just something that wasn't changed.

• Like Like x 2
  3. cwvz

cwvz Blue Snail

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    11:02 AM
    cwvz
    Marauder
    Senpai
    Can confirm. 121 bucc and im getting knocked back more than half the time which is weird for a skill that provides 90% stance lol. hope this is fixed soon.

4. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    2:02 PM
    Can someone show me the description of the skill?
    I've actually never player a pirate in my life.

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Igni

Igni Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    MeleeSmash
    Buccaneer
  6. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    8:02 PM
    Moderator Post
    That's a bug in the description, will be fixed next patch.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Igni

Igni Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    MeleeSmash
    Buccaneer
    Hello Kimmy, is it possible to change the percentage to 90% or not possible?

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    They already have skills with invincible frames. Having a 90% KB evasion on top of it is bit over the top, imo.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    Igni

Igni Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    MeleeSmash
    Buccaneer
    I respectfully disagree, though I'm curious to hear what others think.

10. Rasenganjedi

Rasenganjedi Slimy

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    Netherlands
    Buccake
    Buccaneer
    Nebula
    As a fellow Bucc, I think that's a bit overkill to have I frames and 90% stance.

11. OP
    OP
    Igni

Igni Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    MeleeSmash
    Buccaneer
    If our 1v1 DPM output was more closer to Warriors then I may agree that 90% is slight overkill.

Warriors get 90% stance and Achilles, Heroes and Pallies get PG on top of that, and DrKs while only maintaining 50% HP get HB Elemental Resistance.

It takes longer for Buccs to max their core skills and even then we're only DrK+SI tier with maxed Demo when transformed, and worse than that without transformation.

Demo, Barrage and Dragon Strike are grounded skills so we lose a bit of our already mediocre DPM when we do unfortunately get KBed, so we need a boost in 1v1 damage to compensate imho if stance gets left at 50%. Our mobbing damage output however is already great though thanks to removal of delay on DS.

12. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    thats the benefit of a Warrior. is having 90% Pstance.
    its like benefits of a priest having Holy symbol and a thief having Haste. some classes has their pros and cons. i think iFrames are broken, as i see my bucc friends sit on zak body forever and not get hit lol

13. Fishy

Fishy Skelegon Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2017
    Male
    Eiji
    Dark Knight
    Beaters
    you can be a bucc and kill Kaachan Musha and have iframes, while a Warrior still takes hits but not knocked back

14. OP
    OP
    Igni

Igni Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    MeleeSmash
    Buccaneer
    Interesting, I guess I will wait until I level up have bossing experience on a Pre-BB Buccaneer, only then will I find it if the iframes do make up for it or not. I'd probably get hit a lot less than i think I do then. Thanks for your insight.

• Like Like x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    Igni

Igni Timer

Aug 10, 2017
    Male
    MeleeSmash
    Buccaneer
    Also RIP 69% winky face. Hey was that also a bug in the description too?

Maple0564.jpg

16. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    It was perhaps a beta patch that slipped through public version, but just for the description. I still remember doing it though c:

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lyff

Lyff Dark Stone Golem

Aug 3, 2017
    Female
    England
    7:02 PM
    Lyff
    Buccaneer
    Muse
    Also as a Bucc, I'm with Kimberly. We have iframes and corkscrew blow/backspin blow. There's just no need for 90% Stance chance.

• Like Like x 1